+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Completed my oath yesterday at Scarborough office. It was a smooth experience. Judge Wong presented the citizenship certificates to 86 new citizens. Thanks to all the support from friends in this forum. Wish you all good luck and speedy processing.
Tell us how the process was:

1. which documents did they ask to see?

2. Was the checking in fast?

310ga

Jun 11, 2018
Hello guys, here is my timeline.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 11, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 21, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 2, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 22, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Haven't heard anything since I past the test and got DM. I even went to the stc office twice to consult my case. Last time the receptionist told me it could take up to 12 months after the test, which does not really make sense right? It's really overwhelminh especially seeing ppl applied after me got invited. Any advice?

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 11, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 21, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 22, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Haven't heard anything since I past the test and got DM. I even went to the stc office twice to consult my case. Last time the receptionist told me it could take up to 12 months after the test, which does not really make sense right? It's really overwhelminh especially seeing ppl applied after me got invited. Any advice?

I think You might use Web form to inform them your situation and get their response.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Haven't heard anything since I past the test and got DM. I even went to the stc office twice to consult my case. Last time the receptionist told me it could take up to 12 months after the test, which does not really make sense right?
I don't think going in person to STC office is the right thing to do, try calling the IRCC, it might help.

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hi guys,

Did anyone who got their oath ceremony (via ECAS) recieve an email confirming it today?

I did not... I guess it will come in the regular post -- unlike the fingerprint request and test invite which both came by email. Go figure. :)

A.

bslk

Jun 7, 2018
You will not get any unswer untill Aug. 11. My documents were recieved in May, test in Jan 9, still nothing. In call centre I was told to wait.
So, be patient and wait, as minimum until August 11.

sanaa123

Jun 11, 2018
Guys,
I'm a shadow follower of this forum. I got my oath invite today around 1.30pm for July 05th. I'm an October 11th Scarborough applicant.
Good Luck to you guys.
Cheers.

Reactions: emamabd

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Guys,
I'm a shadow follower of this forum. I got my oath invite today around 1.30pm for July 05th. I'm an October 11th Scarborough applicant.
Good Luck to you guys.
Cheers.
Congrats! Thanks for posting.

Madie1234

Jun 11, 2018
last Saturday (June 9th) my ECAS shows that I was invited for July 5th Oathtaking Ceremony, and Today I recieve the Oath confirmation letter on my email.
This is my timeline;
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 14, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 11, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 9, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 5, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 8, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 5, 2018 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Logout