+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
So I had my test on may 10, looking at the posts I'm guessing I should expect my oath around august the earliest? I applied in November.
Didn't get DM yet either, is that a bad sign?
If you don't get DM yet, most likely background/security checks are still ongoing.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Did they actually tell you that they had to do the BG check again or is that just what you think is going to happen?
I think that’s what going on. I called two times before and they said they just waiting for slot for Oath and when I called today the lady said my application is showing in process. I will call on the 30 again it will 6 months since I did the test interview.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that’s what going on. I called two times before and they said they just waiting for slot for Oath and when I called today the lady said my application is showing in process. I will call on the 30 again it will 6 months since I did the test interview.
What is your e-cas status today?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I'd call in 1-2 days and talk to another agent. Probably, today's agent did not know what she was talking about.
I also think the same thing and I said to her I had decision made for almost 6 months and she decision made only mean some decision was made I think she was kind of clueless.

mini123

Oct 29, 2012
Hi everyone

A little off topic but I can really use your advice.

I need to find UCI/file number of a previous application from way back in 2004. Will GCMS notes have file numbers/UCI numbers for previous applications I would have sent to CIC?

I do not have previous file/UCI number, only the UCI for the new application.

Can I order GCMS notes and get information about the previous file as well?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also think the same thing and I said to her I had decision made for almost 6 months and she decision made only mean some decision was made I think she was kind of clueless.
If another agent also talks about in-process stuff, then ask them under what circumstances a DM file is reverted back to In-process. What are IRCC written guidelines/ procedure around that.

Reactions: SpiceIsland

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi everyone

A little off topic but I can really use your advice.

I need to find UCI/file number of a previous application from way back in 2004. Will GCMS notes have file numbers/UCI numbers for previous applications I would have sent to CIC?

I do not have previous file/UCI number, only the UCI for the new application.

Can I order GCMS notes and get information about the previous file as well?
Yes, when you order under ATIP, you can request the PR file specifically. I'm going to do that after the citizenship application is completed, but I'm going to request the entire contents of the file instead of the notes because I don't seem to have it anywhere I can find it.

mini123

Oct 29, 2012
Yes, when you order under ATIP, you can request the PR file specifically. I'm going to do that after the citizenship application is completed, but I'm going to request the entire contents of the file instead of the notes because I don't seem to have it anywhere I can find it.
Thank you sns. Got it. So the notes will not contain UCI or application numbers of older applications.

Do the notes have any information at all about previous applications?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
yes you should call them again and see if you are able to talk to some good agent who can provide you correct information. Try calling early in the morning and the wait time is usually very less.

Reactions: SpiceIsland

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Spiceland,

I think "In process" term is routinely used by some call center agents even after Decision Made ECAS status since they can technically request additional documents until the Oath is done. It happened to me before and do not worry about it. It does not mean that your application is back in process. None of the clearances expire within 12 months. So, you are fine at least for 12 months after the AOR date. It is very hard not to get anxious looking at the other people, but you should not worry until you get to 12 month processing time. I recommend sending a case specific inquiry if you do not receive oath invite by 11.5 months. They will make sure that you will have oath before the clearances expire.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Spiceland,

I think "In process" term is routinely used by some call center agents even after Decision Made ECAS status since they can technically request additional documents until the Oath is done. It happened to me before and do not worry about it. It does not mean that your application is back in process. None of the clearances expire within 12 months. So, you are fine at least for 12 months after the AOR date. It is very hard not to get anxious looking at the other people, but you should not worry until you get to 12 month processing time. I recommend sending a case specific inquiry if you do not receive oath invite by 11.5 months. They will make sure that you will have oath before the clearances expire.
Thank you, hope you are right.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Thank you sns. Got it. So the notes will not contain UCI or application numbers of older applications.

Do the notes have any information at all about previous applications?
Not that I've seen. When you order the notes, they ask specifically for the case number, so that's all you're getting.

Telus

May 16, 2018
How can we request the entire contents of the file instead of the notes?