+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
This might be a redundant question, and I apologize in advance. But anybody knows if there is any estimate timeline from Test-->DM and DM-->Oath in Scarborough center?
If you look at the spreadsheet, you might get an idea, but nobody knows for sure.
Some people get test very fast and then wait ages for Oath, some wait for test forever and get the Oath straight away...
Seems like there is no rule to it.:confused:

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
If you look at the spreadsheet, you might get an idea, but nobody knows for sure.
Some people get test very fast and then wait ages for Oath, some wait for test forever and get the Oath straight away...
Seems like there is no rule to it.:confused:
Does anyone ever wait both test and oath for ages?

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
I periodically checked the status online in past few days. and very strangely a few minutes after I posted the question here, my profile got updated :) . Maybe they check this forum more than their email ;) Anyway, the only thing is that they mentioned in the status that they notified me the same date as well but I didn't get any email. I hope it is a problem with the email only and they send me the notice via mail. Thanks anyway for your quick response.
Double check that it didn't go to your spam folder. And I would still give them a call, even to check is the email address they have correct.
You might have to use the Web form if the person on the phone is not able to do it.

Londonqtr

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
4131- 4121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 09
Doc's Request.
May - 09
AOR Received.
Oct - 09
IELTS Request
Done my Ielts in Sept. and Sent after 120 days.
File Transfer...
Oct - 09
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
June 2010
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
15-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
Landed and Got the PR
People who are getting the Oath ceremony emails. What day and time exactly you guys are receiving these emails? I am trying to find out if Scarborough office send emails for Oath randomly or if there is a pattern for day and time in a week...

Please reply with your Day and Time you received the Oath invite emails.

Perspolisi

May 7, 2018
Double check that it didn't go to your spam folder. And I would still give them a call, even to check is the email address they have correct.
You might have to use the Web form if the person on the phone is not able to do it.
Thanks for the tip. I checked but nothing in the spam folder. I tried to call them several times but it says due to high call volumes, I can not be connected to an agent! . I have already sent them a note using the web form, but I guess it takes several days to get an answer.

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Thanks for the tip. I checked but nothing in the spam folder. I tried to call them several times but it says due to high call volumes, I can not be connected to an agent! . I have already sent them a note using the web form, but I guess it takes several days to get an answer.
When I called them last time, I tried around 30 times, just to get through and wait for 37 minutes to speak to a "real" person and didn't find out anything new anyway o_O

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Thanks Pixiegirl. Hope you get oath soon
Me too hahaha PR card expires soon, so we will be air locked until getting Canadian passports. Good enough that in case of an emergency, we can still cross the US border with CoPR (but would need to get a flight into Buffalo or Detroit coming back from Europe)

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
passed the test and interview today. The officer said that Oath could be up to September-October (worst case) but he thinks it probably be mid summer. (we applied Nov 2017)

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
We should hope for the best, here is the policy from IRCC to notify candidates for Oath

Notifying candidates: Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship
Citizenship staff should send the “Notice to Appear – To Take the Oath of Citizenship” form [CIT 0024 CIF2] to candidates who have met all the requirements for citizenship. This notice should be mailed to the applicant at least 14 calendar days before the ceremony so that it reaches each candidate at least seven days before the ceremony.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
We should hope for the best, here is the policy from IRCC to notify candidates for Oath

Notifying candidates: Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship
Citizenship staff should send the “Notice to Appear – To Take the Oath of Citizenship” form [CIT 0024 CIF2] to candidates who have met all the requirements for citizenship. This notice should be mailed to the applicant at least 14 calendar days before the ceremony so that it reaches each candidate at least seven days before the ceremony.
And worth noting this from IRCC as well...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5

How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?
We will give you the results of your test right after you take it.

If you meet all the requirements for citizenship, including passing the citizenship test, we will invite you to a ceremony to take the Oath of Citizenship. Your ceremony will normally take place within six months after you pass the test.