+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
It looks like they send out invitations first, then publish the schedule after.
Exactly, the schedule only tells us how many ceremonies are scheduled in the coming 2-3 weeks period and most of the time Oath invites are sent 3-4 weeks in advance. Once the date is published out there likely invites were already sent to the lucky ones.

jbBeans

May 2, 2018
Hey guys,

So, a friend of mine took his test on April 20th, and just got the invite for his oath on Friday (May 4th) in Scarborough. He'd applied in Aug/September I think. We were amazed his oath invite came so quickly. I'm very happy for him--a Canadian passport will be a huge game changer for him, but I'm hoping this means good news for everyone who's waiting now! ;)

Edit for clarity: He got the invite on May 4th--the oath ceremony is later in May--the 24th or something like that. Sorry, I don't know the exact date.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hey guys,

So, a friend of mine took his test on April 20th, and just got the invite for his oath on Friday (May 4th) in Scarborough. He'd applied in Aug/September I think. We were amazed his oath invite came so quickly. I'm very happy for him--a Canadian passport will be a huge game changer for him, but I'm hoping this means good news for everyone who's waiting now! ;)

Edit for clarity: He got the invite on May 4th--the oath ceremony is later in May--the 24th or something like that. Sorry, I don't know the exact date.
Maybe an indicator that they pay some loose attention to AOR dates, perhaps. I'm thinking we will see a more of our own July-September applicants getting oath invites in the next couple of weeks.

Newchap

Jan 30, 2017
Hi all!

I have been following this forum for a long time. I applied in September and took my oath on 2 May at HMCS York.

I just want people to have some faith and not lose hope. Things are moving albeit slowly. I don't know why or how they are inviting people for the test and/ or the oath. If I ever am able to figure that out 1) I will make millions and 2) wil let people know.

I also know it's easier said than done but many of us have gone through a lot to get to this stage and, we will all make it through. Some a little earlier than others.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
2 ceremonies added today for 26th May-Scarborough, probably they'll add 2 more next week for the 30-May and that will conclude the month:

• Scarborough - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
    Address:
    200 Town Centre Court, Suite 300
    Scarborough, Ontario, M1P 4X8
    Date:
    Saturday May 26, 2018
    Time:
    9:00 AM
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Scarborough - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
    Address:
    Date:
    Saturday May 26, 2018
    Time:
    11:00 AM
    Open to the public:
    Yes

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi all!

I have been following this forum for a long time. I applied in September and took my oath on 2 May at HMCS York.

I just want people to have some faith and not lose hope. Things are moving albeit slowly. I don't know why or how they are inviting people for the test and/ or the oath. If I ever am able to figure that out 1) I will make millions and 2) wil let people know.

I also know it's easier said than done but many of us have gone through a lot to get to this stage and, we will all make it through. Some a little earlier than others.
Congrats, it seems that following the forum "quietly" increases the chances of getting an Oath invite sooner :)...those who are here ranting everyday like myself will likely wait longer o_O

Last edited:

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Congrats, it seems that following the forum "quietly" increases the chances of getting an Oath invite sooner :)...those who are here ranting everyday like myself will likely wait longer o_O
I really hope you are mistaking lol
I don't post much, but if this mean I will wait for the oath longer, I'll shut up now hahaha ;)

Reactions: emamabd

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
2 ceremonies added today for 26th May-Scarborough, probably they'll add 2 more next week for the 30-May and that will conclude the month:
Hi
Today one of MP talked to them..the told him my file is intransient to Mississauga since my zipcode is in Mississauga.
Also, they told him if nothing happened within 2 weeks we have to call them again.
My time line is
Love in Mississauga
Applied on Aug 9 , 2017
Test Feb 5 in Scharbroug.
DM Feb. 6
Nothing happens till now

Address:
    Date:
    Saturday May 26, 2018
    Time:
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Address:
    Date:
    Saturday May 26, 2018
    Time:
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Today my MP talkd to them they transfer my file to Mississauga since my zipcode is there.
I applied on Aug 9 2017
Test Feb 5 In Sarborough
DM on Feb 6.
Nothing after

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto

Address:
    Date:
    Saturday May 26, 2018
    Time:
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Address:
    Date:
    Saturday May 26, 2018
    Time:
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Saturdays they ideally do 3 ceremonies.. If they add the third one later, that will be funny.. I am impressed by their update process.

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017

Address:
    Date:
    Saturday May 26, 2018
    Time:
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Address:
    Date:
    Saturday May 26, 2018
    Time:
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Great, can you give us the link to those 2 ceremonies for May 26

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Today my MP talkd to them they transfer my file to Mississauga since my zipcode is there.
I applied on Aug 9 2017
Test Feb 5 In Sarborough
DM on Feb 6.
Nothing after
Can I ask how did you contact your MP? (email or fax?) I live in Mississauga too.
Would request to transfer the file not delay the process? I heard that it can take weeks/months for the office to send the file over and by that time you might have your Oath invitation sent already form the original office.
I'm wondering is it worth it...

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
I went in person to MP office

I didn't ask them to transfer my file.IRCC did that by them selves.
I think this is why I am in late to take the oath.
I applied in August 2017