+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SAUDI IQAMA name mistake - applying for IMMIGRATION From Saudi Arabia

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just to clarify, spelling mistake of 1 extra letter is not that big a deal and can be explained via LOE... like lets say the name mohammed, it can be spelt mohamed, muhammed, muhamed etc... name is the same, its just the spelling is a bit different.

i know about the father name coming before your name, even that can be explained in LOE... if your application goes to Abu dhabi ofice, even they know this can be an issue and shoudl give you some lee way.

regarding specific question on iqama, i have not seen anyone being requested for iqama copy specifically... but like i said iqama can be proved by the residence stamp on your passport...

regarding PCC, not all countries stamp on your passport saying PCC issued, case in point i applied for UAE PCC and they didnt stamp my passport saying PCC issued.

regarding PoF, if your bank account is new and less than 6 months old, chances are you will get rejected... i mean look at it from CICs perspective... you are showing 3+ years work experience (assuming) , your bank account is only 4 months old... ummm... something doesnt add up here... know what i mean ? :)

A.Mujna

Apr 21, 2017
Hi,
Being in Saudi Arabia, I am in situation where in the exam has to be written on Iqama. The test scores apparently will have Iqama number, rather than Passport's. Can this IELTS report be used for Express Entry?

Thanks,
Mujna

S

sutyfornow

A.Mujna said:
Hi,
Being in Saudi Arabia, I am in situation where in the exam has to be written on Iqama. The test scores apparently will have Iqama number, rather than Passport's. Can this IELTS report be used for Express Entry?

Thanks,
Mujna
Yes it can be used and upload ur ikama in ur profile :)

valorbeat

Jul 1, 2017
I have another question regarding this topic.

Both the police clearance and proof of funds from bank in Saudi Arabia use the name from Iqama (Saudi residence permit), which is different from the name on passport. It is a very common practice in Saudi Arabia, and IRCC and Canadian Consulate are probably well aware of it.

Does IRCC object to the names being different from passport, on police certificate and proof of funds, when it comes to that point?

Can a letter of explanation be written to clarify all this?

Last edited:

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Hi,

Thanks,
Mujna
IELTS in Saudi Arabia is authorized only by IDP or the British Council. As far as I know, from personal experience, British Council ONLY use the passport information and the name during registartion and on the results form are supposed to be from your passport. They even request you to upload a copy of passport during the registration process.

Where are you attempting to take the IELTS from?

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
I have another question regarding this topic.

Both the police clearance and proof of funds from bank in Saudi Arabia use the name from Iqama (Saudi residence permit), which is different from the name on passport. It is a very common practice in Saudi Arabia, and IRCC and Canadian Consulate are probably well aware of it.

Does IRCC object to the names being different from passport, on police certificate and proof of funds, when it comes to that point?

Can a letter of explanation be written to clarify all this?
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. How different are the names? Is it the order and minor spelling mistakes? For me, it's my name and then my father's name. That is okay to explain. However, for my spouse it's her first name only and then her whole father's name. I hope this is acceptable in the LOE.

By the way on your police clearance certificate (PCC) under "Purpose of Request" what did they write for you? For us they simply put our passport numbers.

ozoozo

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
The name of the company in Iqama is different from the employment certificate , i am working with a free visa of mine with a different sponser and still facing difficulties to transfer the Iqama to the new company.

So is Iqama is mandatory to be sent in any stage ....i can send the exit rentry visa instead to proof my residency ? The visa will not contain the company name

Hhcanada

Dec 12, 2017
I have similar problem and don’t know if it makes a problem or not
My name in the passport is 6 names and the Iqama they only use 4 so they took only 4
Which makes the name on the Iqama and the Pcc shorter than the passport
Will this cause a problem ?