VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Then it's possible it gets refused.

You have to just make sure you have enough money.

It's likely that the agent will see that you had $15,500 for 6 months but added a bit more on say, month 4 because the min increased. They are looking to see if a large sum of money was recently deposited into your account with no explaination.

They assume any money in there for 6months + must be yours so won't be suspicious.

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please beware that it is very likely they will ask to see your Saudi Iqama. Once your file reaches the local VO, which is Abu Dhabi VO for the region, they will most likely ask to see proof that you are residing legally in KSA (which is your Iqama.) I applied from Qatar and was asked for it.

That being said, they understand that things in life are not always perfect... So it is completely acceptable to attach your Iqama as is, and attach a letter of explanation, outlining the details and reason behind the difference in name.

Good luck!

syedarsalan

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
msf02 said:
Please beware that it is very likely they will ask to see your Saudi Iqama. Once your file reaches the local VO, which is Abu Dhabi VO for the region, they will most likely ask to see proof that you are residing legally in KSA (which is your Iqama.) I applied from Qatar and was asked for it.

That being said, they understand that things in life are not always perfect... So it is completely acceptable to attach your Iqama as is, and attach a letter of explanation, outlining the details and reason behind the difference in name.

Good luck!
so you mean when we submit ITA application, it will be handled in Abu Dhabi (Applying from Saudi)

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The procedure is usually as follows -

1- you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
2- you prepare all your requested documents and submit them online
3- your file is checked for completeness and eligibility by Central Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Canada
4- once initial processing is done, your file is normally forwarded to a local Visa Office - in the case of the gulf, this is Abu Dhabi Visa Office
5- Abu Dhabi visa office completes processing, clears your criminality and security, and issues your visa.
6- you land in Canada, essentially becoming a Canadian PR.

S

sutyfornow

I have the same problem
My name in ikama is different from the passport

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
kryt0n said:
Then it's possible it gets refused.

You have to just make sure you have enough money.

It's likely that the agent will see that you had $15,500 for 6 months but added a bit more on say, month 4 because the min increased. They are looking to see if a large sum of money was recently deposited into your account with no explaination.

They assume any money in there for 6months + must be yours so won't be suspicious.
I think you are wrong here. The money should be there before you submit your E-APR. You can explain it then in LOE if its a gift or sudden sale of some of your personal belongings but there is no rule that states that the money should be there before 6 months of getting ITA.

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
syedfasih said:
Hello All,

I am applying for Canadian immigartion from SAUDI ARABIA.
My Name in Saudi Residence card (IQAMA) Is not correct. It is not Matching in English & Arabic. As they write you name followed by your father name here in SAUDI. So the portion of My name is correctly mentioned but Father name is not matching in English & Arabic. Is there any problem with this.

2) Due to the above said reason i am not able to open a bank account in SAUDI ARABAI. Can i open a Bank Account in Canada to provide my Financial Details ?

Kindly advice.

You have to establish proof of residency in the country where you are living and working legally, in this case IQAMA is required. More over on your police certificate that you have to obtain from SA your name will be mentioned again, and that will be wrong.

S

sutyfornow

FWSAPPLICANT said:
You have to establish proof of residency in the country where you are living and working legally, in this case IQAMA is required. More over on your police certificate that you have to obtain from SA your name will be mentioned again, and that will be wrong.
How to fix such an issue as an extra letter in my surname?

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
sutyfornow said:
How to fix such an issue as an extra letter in my surname?
I am also living in a middle east country and applied for immigration. My date of birth was wrong on my RP, so i got it corrected, though it was a pain in ass.

Not sure about you, either you can take the risk of applying with incorrect name or you have to get it corrected on your RP. I guess get an opinion from any lawyer. I don't know whether letter of LOE will suffice in your case. These people pay extra attention to the applications coming from middle east. This will also create problem when they run background check on you.

S

sutyfornow

FWSAPPLICANT said:
I am also living in a middle east country and applied for immigration. My date of birth was wrong on my RP, so i got it corrected, though it was a pain in ass.

Not sure about you, either you can take the risk of applying with incorrect name or you have to get it corrected on your RP. I guess get an opinion from any lawyer. I don't know whether letter of LOE will suffice in your case. These people pay extra attention to the applications coming from middle east. This will also create problem when they run background check on you.
How did u have it corrected? And is attaching my ikama mandatory? Im not working my husband is the one working
And pcc can be done by passport id
Also..have any idea hw i can get qatar pcc when i no longer live in qatar?

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
sutyfornow said:
How did u have it corrected? And is attaching my ikama mandatory? Im not working my husband is the one working
And pcc can be done by passport id
Also..have any idea hw i can get qatar pcc when i no longer live in qatar?
Are you sure you can get your PCC from SA on your passport? If you are living in SA then i don't think so? IQAMA is sort of mandatory in your case, I said you need to prove that you are residing in that country legally. So how you will going to prove that?

For Qatar see this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/qatar.asp

S

sutyfornow

FWSAPPLICANT said:
Are you sure you can get your PCC from SA on your passport? If you are living in SA then i don't think so? IQAMA is sort of mandatory in your case, I said you need to prove that you are residing in that country legally. So how you will going to prove that?

For Qatar see this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/qatar.asp
Thank you.. then i have an issue here

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Hi guys,

Iam residing in Saudi Arabia under my husbands sponsorship and working as an accountant since last 3.5 years. We are planning to apply for Canada Immigration through EE and found my CRS score more than my husband's. So I will be the Principal applicant.

There is a statement on my Iqama saying "Not authorized to work" though it is very common here in Saudi Arabia for expat women to work in corporates and even government officials are aware of this.

Does this make any issue and IRCC will reject my application due to this ? My company is ready to provide me all the required reference letters.

Seniors.. appreciate your response please..

SAZ

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
SaaZ77 said:
Hi guys,

Iam residing in Saudi Arabia under my husbands sponsorship and working as an accountant since last 3.5 years. We are planning to apply for Canada Immigration through EE and found my CRS score more than my husband's. So I will be the Principal applicant.

There is a statement on my Iqama saying "Not authorized to work" though it is very common here in Saudi Arabia for expat women to work in corporates and even government officials are aware of this.

Does this make any issue and IRCC will reject my application due to this ? My company is ready to provide me all the required reference letters.

Seniors.. appreciate your response please..

SAZ
If IRCC follow rules, they shouldn't accept your work experience because you are not eligible to work in that country. Your file will be checked by multiple agents at different levels and any one of those can find it out.

Its your luck, if you want to try then give it a try. Probably you can explain this in LOE.

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Many thanks FWSAPPLICANT for the advice.

Do you think we need to provide a copy of Iqama as well along with EE application ?

Any applicants here on this forum from Saudi Arabia who applied and IRCC requested them for Iqama copy as well ?

Appreciate your response dears as Iam very much concerned.

Thanks,