+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saudi Arabia based Applicant

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
shariq123 said:
Do you know that's illegal? The employer cannot keep your passport with them. Both the passport and the iqama should be with you. Anyways, if you can take only one, then take your passport definitely and your hospital certified iqama photocopy.

"To Whom It May Concern" will suffice or if they ask you who to address the letter to, then tell them "Citizenship & Immigration Canada".
Thanks boss, you will not understand the joy you have given me. Honestly I have been working in this land and most times frustrated. I can't wait to leave.

Do you know that I got my passport today just be reiterating the fact that it's illegal for them to hold my passport? The personnel officer looked at me and said 'kalas' take your passport but I won't give iqama'

Just imagine the hostile environment in which we work, anyways glad I got the Passport and thanks for this: indeed information is power.

He also gave me certified copy of iqama. So I am good to go for medicals.

God bless you so much, BTW, will the police issue me a police report without iqama? I think that's impossible right?

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
esos4real said:
Thanks boss, you will not understand the joy you have given me. Honestly I have been working in this land and most times frustrated. I can't wait to leave.

Do you know that I got my passport today just be reiterating the fact that it's illegal for them to hold my passport? The personnel officer looked at me and said 'kalas' take your passport but I won't give iqama'

Just imagine the hostile environment in which we work, anyways glad I got the Passport and thanks for this: indeed information is power.

He also gave me certified copy of iqama. So I am good to go for medicals.

God bless you so much, BTW, will the police issue me a police report without iqama? I think that's impossible right?
No worries brother. Good to know you got your passport back. You should have your iqama too as well as the passport but technically the Saudi employer can keep your iqama if you have your passport if you are heading out of the country. But since you are not heading out of the country, technically you should have both with yourself.

Anyways, regarding the police report you don't need it right now. You only need to submit police report once CIC themselves requests you to get one, which will be AFTER you have submitted your PR application. When the time comes to get a Saudi PCC, maybe you can take the iqama from the employer and give your passport back. Just a brotherly advice to you that please don't get confrontational with your employer.

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
shariq123 said:
No worries brother. Good to know you got your passport back. You should have your iqama too as well as the passport but technically the Saudi employer can keep your iqama if you have your passport if you are heading out of the country. But since you are not heading out of the country, technically you should have both with yourself.

Anyways, regarding the police report you don't need it right now. You only need to submit police report once CIC themselves requests you to get one, which will be AFTER you have submitted your PR application. When the time comes to get a Saudi PCC, maybe you can take the iqama from the employer and give your passport back. Just a brotherly advice to you that please don't get confrontational with your employer.
Hey, I just got my ITA yesterday at 469, so happy! :D

However, I am worried about the date I fixed for my wedding which is August 12th. Do you think it would be too late a time considering the stage, application might have progressed to by then? I don't wanna carry on this application to the end and not involve my future wife.

I Was just looking at the timeliness, it's difficult to predict but what do you advise? Should I keep to this date? Or marry earlier? (what's the usual average processing time for London VO?)

Secondly, as regards getting a PCC request letter from the Canadian embassy, how do I go about it? Can I get it via email? or is it possible to use someone's own (is it a generic letter)? I am asking these because I am in far away Najran (12 hours from Riyadh) and will only have 3days from work to do medicals and PCC (I hear pcc is a complex process) :( :( :(

Note: this is the only chance, I have to go to Riyadh, so I will have to do everything I need now or will be stuck at workplace later.

I will respect your candid advices, Thanks

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
esos4real said:
Hey, I just got my ITA yesterday at 469, so happy! :D

However, I am worried about the date I fixed for my wedding which is August 12th. Do you think it would be too late a time considering the stage, application might have progressed to by then? I don't wanna carry on this application to the end and not involve my future wife.

I Was just looking at the timeliness, it's difficult to predict but what do you advise? Should I keep to this date? Or marry earlier? (what's the usual average processing time for London VO?)

Secondly, as regards getting a PCC request letter from the Canadian embassy, how do I go about it? Can I get it via email? or is it possible to use someone's own (is it a generic letter)? I am asking these because I am in far away Najran (12 hours from Riyadh) and will only have 3days from work to do medicals and PCC (I hear pcc is a complex process) :( :( :(

Note: this is the only chance, I have to go to Riyadh, so I will have to do everything I need now or will be stuck at workplace later.

I will respect your candid advices, Thanks
Please yall I need your suggestions as regards my post above.

Will i be penalised if I obtain medicals and PCC and submit with my application now? If that's possible, how do I request for this letter from embassy since I have not be assigned a visa office?

Thanks

naija-kanadian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
esos4real said:
Please yall I need your suggestions as regards my post above.

Will i be penalised if I obtain medicals and PCC and submit with my application now? If that's possible, how do I request for this letter from embassy since I have not be assigned a visa office?

Thanks
You must submit Pcc and medicals with your application,otherwise your application will be rejected. With express entry ,PCC and MEDICAL are upfront

bbb1253

Dec 26, 2016
Saudi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2017
Hi fellow KSA Applicants..

I have received my ITA recently and would just like to check with you guys:

- Do we need to translate the PCC since now the PCC form comes in dual language (ENG/AR) all the fields are in dual language, name is in english, dates are written in english (but hijri) and the only information in arabic is the country of birth and profession field. If we submit the PCC without translation will they reject our application or ask for the translation as additional document?

- My iqama has the wrong DOB day and month i.e. 1/1/19XX.. Would this be a problem?? Also the PCC is therefore showing this wrong DOB day and month (in hijri on PCC) ... How to address it ?

Thanks and Good Luck to all

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
naija-kanadian said:
You must submit Pcc and medicals with your application,otherwise your application will be rejected. With express entry ,PCC and MEDICAL are upfront
Thanks very much boss for this valuable info, pls I have two quick questions.

1. How did you get your PCC request letter?

2. I was filling my form in profile, POST-ITA, in the "Immigration section" where you write your international passport details. Are you to also add your Iqama details as another document since we are resident here?

bbb1253

Dec 26, 2016
Saudi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2017
esos4real said:
Thanks very much boss for this valuable info, pls I have two quick questions.

1. How did you get your PCC request letter?

2. I was filling my form in profile, POST-ITA, in the "Immigration section" where you write your international passport details. Are you to also add your Iqama details as another document since we are resident here?
1. You can get PCC request letter from your country embassy or canada embassy based on ITA letter

2. Just passport iqama is not a valid id out of KSA

bbb1253

Dec 26, 2016
Saudi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2017
bbb1253 said:

- Do we need to translate the PCC since now the PCC form comes in dual language (ENG/AR) all the fields are in dual language, name is in english, dates are written in english (but hijri) and the only information in arabic is the country of birth and profession field. If we submit the PCC without translation will they reject our application or ask for the translation as additional document?

- My iqama has the wrong DOB day and month i.e. 1/1/19XX.. Would this be a problem?? Also the PCC is therefore showing this wrong DOB day and month (in hijri on PCC) ... How to address it ?

Any comment guys

Nadaaman

May 19, 2016
Hello there,

I created a what's app group for Saudi Arabia applicants .. if anyone's interested to join please don't hesitate.. just pm me o +966-503017086

Have a nice day !

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
bbb1253 said:

Hey how is your Post-ITA process going? please I am going to Riyadh tomorrow to process my PCC. I would love to know how you paid the 30 riyals at MOFA for notarisation of the PCC request letter.

I am made to understand that we can pay outside MOFA or online. please do you or anyone know the process of paying online???

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hey guys i have left saudi and i know that pcc from there is not required for non residents but still i have applied for one through someone online and what i did is that i sent him my fingerprints on my homecountry pcc form and he just stamped it,is that the normal way to get it after you leave ksa?also will it be valid forever or not because on the pcc itself is mentioned valid for 3 months ,thanks

BB_keina

Feb 27, 2014
Hello!

I got my permanet residence visa this month and I am planning to finish my contract this October here in riyadh.

I would like to ask for your advise on what to do or prepare before I leave KSA... documents that I need to bring in Canada.

I am also a nirse with Saudi Council license, do I need a certification from them? And what king of certification.

Thank you.

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
BB_keina said:
Hello!

I got my permanet residence visa this month and I am planning to finish my contract this October here in riyadh.

I would like to ask for your advise on what to do or prepare before I leave KSA... documents that I need to bring in Canada.

I am also a nirse with Saudi Council license, do I need a certification from them? And what king of certification.

Thank you.
Congrats dear.

You can continue nursing there but I think you will go to nursing school/write exams. Nursing is 2years in Canada and you will be well paid.