Sasketchwan Polytechnic

joeychuramoi

Star Member
May 16, 2015
hey guys, can you pls help me filling up the form. thanks

DETAILS OF INTENDED STUY IN CANADA.
COST OF TUITION FEE/ ROOM AND BOARD /OTHER FUNDS /AVAILABLE FOR STAY

questions:

1. how should I fill up this form, should it be based from my tuition fee given by the university?
2. how will i answer that my sister will provide my accomodation during my stay?
3. IN other funds: is it based from my actual bank act? Because half of my education will be shouldered by my mother? How will i indicate that in my application

savaliyadhruv

Sep 29, 2014
Applied from Saudi Arabia, Nationality Indian, from Ahmedabad for Business Certificate & HR Coop @ Moose Jaw Campus.
VISA filled 3 May 2015, awaiting for reply from VFS Riyadh.
No Medical & PCC required.

Paid full tution fees.

SP only offers conditional letter; as the condition is study permit which is issued at airport upon arrival.

caicai

Mar 4, 2015
hi everyone, i also plan to study in moose jaw this fall term in environmental engineering, see you then.

conair

Apr 18, 2015
caicai said:
hi everyone, i also plan to study in moose jaw this fall term in environmental engineering, see you then.
nice...school of natural resources and built environment.

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
savaliyadhruv said:
Applied from Saudi Arabia, Nationality Indian, from Ahmedabad for Business Certificate & HR Coop @ Moose Jaw Campus.
VISA filled 3 May 2015, awaiting for reply from VFS Riyadh.
No Medical & PCC required.

Paid full tution fees.

SP only offers conditional letter; as the condition is study permit which is issued at airport upon arrival.
Hey buddy!

Any update?

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Hey Guys,
This is an advice from somebody who has graduated from a university in Canada. I attended a university in BC and i graduated with a degree in marketing. It is the worst mistake i ever made. I could not find a job after graduation and i have been searching for the past 7 months . So i settled for less as i needed to pay my bills. Although i work in a warehouse as a shipper/receiver and most of my co workers and managers like me. I was advised to take a trades program. This is the best advice i can give any student coming to Canada. Even if you are coming to do your masters. Its way easier to get a job and PR as most trade jobs are classification B and you can earn anywhere from $30 to %50 per hour after completing your journeyman certificate which is 4 years nevertheless you are only going to be in classes for up to 10 or 12 weeks depending on the province. The rest of the year you have to work and gain hours for your ITA.

This is the best advice i can give prospective students trying to come to Canada. Wish you guys best of luck when you arrive your new country.

conair

Apr 18, 2015
Luther said:
Hey Guys,
This is an advice from somebody who has graduated from a university in Canada. I attended a university in BC and i graduated with a degree in marketing. It is the worst mistake i ever made. I could not find a job after graduation and i have been searching for the past 7 months . So i settled for less as i needed to pay my bills. Although i work in a warehouse as a shipper/receiver and most of my co workers and managers like me. I was advised to take a trades program. This is the best advice i can give any student coming to Canada. Even if you are coming to do your masters. Its way easier to get a job and PR as most trade jobs are classification B and you can earn anywhere from $30 to %50 per hour after completing your journeyman certificate which is 4 years nevertheless you are only going to be in classes for up to 10 or 12 weeks depending on the province. The rest of the year you have to work and gain hours for your ITA.

This is the best advice i can give prospective students trying to come to Canada. Wish you guys best of luck when you arrive your new country.
A foreign national won't be able to register on a trade while on a student visa. Trade is also a full time job for 8 months of the year or more. Even with a post study work permit. The student would run out of the allowed 3 years before the completion of the trade program.

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
conair said:
A foreign national won't be able to register on a trade while on a student visa. Trade is also a full time job for 8 months of the year or more. Even with a post study work permit. The student would run out of the allowed 3 years before the completion of the trade program.
Its Possible to register for trade programs in Canada as an international student. Schools like NAIT and SAIT take international students even BCIT accept Students. As a matter of fact i am on a wait list at kwantlen Polytechnic University for a Trade program and i recently took the Trade Math test.

conair

Apr 18, 2015
Luther said:
Its Possible to register for trade programs in Canada as an international student. Schools like NAIT and SAIT take international students even BCIT accept Students. As a matter of fact i am on a wait list at kwantlen Polytechnic University for a Trade program and i recently took the Trade Math test.
Hi you would find a reply here.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-international-student-be-given-trv-for-apprenticeship-in-canada-t328096.0.html

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
Hi, I had a question about SIAST , unrelated to visa. I hope someone can help me here.

Its for my cousin sister, She's accepted to SIAST for a program this fall, and her semester begins on Aug 31st. However due to some unavoidable reasons she can travel only on Spt 3rd!(from India). I couldnt find a "last date to join" in their website. Does anybody here know about the last date to pay the fee and join the program in SIAST? Is there anyone else plnning to travel a little late?

amrita7

Jul 23, 2015
Hi i m applied for the same college in business financial services.
if u have doubts abt wht u r talking, u can better solve this prblm by sending a mail to the college, hope they will you more time as per ur situation. Contacting them is better.
Best of luck

conair

Apr 18, 2015
anusreesub said:
Hi, I had a question about SIAST , unrelated to visa. I hope someone can help me here.

Its for my cousin sister, She's accepted to SIAST for a program this fall, and her semester begins on Aug 31st. However due to some unavoidable reasons she can travel only on Spt 3rd!(from India). I couldnt find a "last date to join" in their website. Does anybody here know about the last date to pay the fee and join the program in SIAST? Is there anyone else plnning to travel a little late?
An letter was sent to our student email inbox last week that fees are due on or before the first day of registration which is the 31st of August. You may want to send an email to the school, make sure you attach a copy of your travel date to the email. I am pretty sure they would allow some flexibility.

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
conair said:
An letter was sent to our student email inbox last week that fees are due on or before the first day of registration which is the 31st of August. You may want to send an email to the school, make sure you attach a copy of your travel date to the email. I am pretty sure they would allow some flexibility.
Hey!

Have you find your accommodation yet ?

conair

Apr 18, 2015
Jaymin007 said:
Hey!

Have you find your accommodation yet ?
Thanks for the reply Jaymin007. I am still searching for accommodation. I should arrive moosejaw hopefully by the 29 or 30th of August. I am driving in from Calgary.
I contacted some people on kijiji but it seems they prefer one to be around, so I am thinking it would be best to stay in bed&breakfast for the 1st day or 2.