+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan Nominee Program- International Skilled Worker (Occupation in Demand)

ifrahjaffri

Dec 21, 2020
Hi,

I am a resident of Saskatchewan and I am helping my brother to apply for Saskatchewan Nominee immigration as international skilled worker. However, we are confused if he is eligible for occupation in demand or not. He did his bachelors in Biomedical engineering. However, he has 4 year work experience as operations engineer in Textile industry and 3 years work experience as networks engineer in Networks/IT domain. Can anyone guide me if he can apply for occupation in demand category or not.

ifrahjaffri

Dec 21, 2020
What is his NOC? His education must match his NOC and work experience.
His NOC is A as he did his university degree in engineering. The specific code would be 2148 I guess beacause I don't see any specific code for biomedical engineering or network engineering. So, it seems like both will lie under same code, i.e., 2148.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
His NOC is A as he did his university degree in engineering. The specific code would be 2148 I guess beacause I don't see any specific code for biomedical engineering or network engineering. So, it seems like both will lie under same code, i.e., 2148.
Ok so to be eligible he needs to be licensed through APEGS since his education amd work experience is in engineering. All,the information is on the SINP website.

ifrahjaffri

Dec 21, 2020
Ok so to be eligible he needs to be licensed through APEGS since his education amd work experience is in engineering. All,the information is on the SINP website.
Does every engineer go for APEGS license? or will there be different licenses for different type of engineering?

ifrahjaffri

Dec 21, 2020
It is all on the website what NOCs need licensing.
Hi, Thanks for guiding me. Yes, I checked the website and APEGS licensing will be all what I need. But I got worried when I saw online that the processing time for an engineer outside of canada to get APEGS license is 1 year. Is it true?

deji200

Sep 1, 2017
Please can someone advise Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical/Electronics, WES Completed as Bachelor's Degree , Over 10-years of experience in IT can i apply again under OID for noc 2281.And do i need to add professional certifications or training to also support application. I did submitted application 4 -years ago for noc 2171 but it was ineligible because of Job description and they advise the related noc is 2281.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, Thanks for guiding me. Yes, I checked the website and APEGS licensing will be all what I need. But I got worried when I saw online that the processing time for an engineer outside of canada to get APEGS license is 1 year. Is it true?
I don’t know enough about APEGS licensing. You will need to talk to APEGS. There is another thread on this forum just talking about APEGS licensing for SINP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please can someone advise Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical/Electronics, WES Completed as Bachelor's Degree , Over 10-years of experience in IT can i apply again under OID for noc 2281.And do i need to add professional certifications or training to also support application. I did submitted application 4 -years ago for noc 2171 but it was ineligible because of Job description and they advise the related noc is 2281.
If that is what they advised and your NOC matches your job then go ahead. But you have a Bachelor of Engineering and have always been a technician that requires college not university education. What is your SINP score.

deji200

Sep 1, 2017
If that is what they advised and your NOC matches your job then go ahead. But you have a Bachelor of Engineering and have always been a technician that requires college not university education. What is your SINP score.
63-points At the moment hoping to push it up

Tina Arni

Aug 26, 2018
Hi, I had received my ITA in Nov 2019. It changed to In Process in August 2020. It is now more than a year. The status still shows as In process. Is anybody in the same boat. Any guidance would be really appreciated.

oladele babalola

Jun 13, 2015
Hi, I had received my ITA in Nov 2019. It changed to In Process in August 2020. It is now more than a year. The status still shows as In process. Is anybody in the same boat. Any guidance would be really appreciated.
Send a mail to SINP. Your file may be in PIU