+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan Hard to Fill Skills Pilot Program

ibteshamahmed22

Oct 13, 2023
Sorry, maybe i am kind of puzzled. I am studying currently in ON, and researching about all the pnps. This program caught my attention.

Oh so the forms i need to fill. Only thing i need from the employer is the job approval letter?

And also this program is pilot. Do you know when will this program will expire?

And also as this program is pilot. Do you know when will this program will expire?

Rooke

Jan 31, 2024
Hey guys. This is a great forum as I'll be applying for this stream this April. I might have only 1 year or pgwp. Currently finishing one year certificate in SK. I had few questions:

1. If the processing takes time from SK Gvt (getting JAL, giving nomination, processing pr) and in the meanwhile my pgwp expires, will extension of pgwp work?
2. Will that mean I have to get a closed work permit with my employer? If yes then who applies for the closed permit?

Thanks

ibteshamahmed22

Oct 13, 2023
Hey guys. This is a great forum as I'll be applying for this stream this April. I might have only 1 year or pgwp. Currently finishing one year certificate in SK. I had few questions:

1. If the processing takes time from SK Gvt (getting JAL, giving nomination, processing pr) and in the meanwhile my pgwp expires, will extension of pgwp work?
2. Will that mean I have to get a closed work permit with my employer? If yes then who applies for the closed permit?

Thanks
Hi there can i ask you some questions?

ibteshamahmed22

Oct 13, 2023
I have over 1 years experience in food industry. So, initially will opt of food service jobs. I will graduate within 4 months.

Rooke

Jan 31, 2024
Even if you have experience, you will have to work at least 6 months since you are outside of SK. And do you know what noc job you will apply for?

ibteshamahmed22

Oct 13, 2023
Yes, I know I need to work but maybe it is one year not six month and my code is going to be 6520 one which is most probably kitchen helper position. That’s my primary thinking I have experience in retail. Also if I get any opportunity and if it is in the job list, I can try for that too.

But as you have already gone through that process, I want to know how you managed the employer? how to talk with the employer? And do most employers know about the process or I have to let them know about each and every step, if they are willing to go through the process?

Rooke

Jan 31, 2024
Yes, I know I need to work but maybe it is one year not six month and my code is going to be 6520 one which is most probably kitchen helper position. That’s my primary thinking I have experience in retail. Also if I get any opportunity and if it is in the job list, I can try for that too.

But as you have already gone through that process, I want to know how you managed the employer? how to talk with the employer? And do most employers know about the process or I have to let them know about each and every step, if they are willing to go through the process?
The duration depends on the stream. Since you are applying for the Hard to Fill stream, you have to work only 780 hours. Other streams have different hour criteria. Don't think about months here, that's very important. Because if you work 40 hours per week consistently, then it will take you less than 5 months to become eligible to apply for this program. So it is actually a wrong idea that you have to work 1 year. Think in working hours.

And sorry to break your confusion, I haven't applied for pgwp yet. If you read my previous reply, I will be graduating this April with 1 year certificate. So I was doing some prior research on this topic.

ibteshamahmed22

Oct 13, 2023
The duration depends on the stream. Since you are applying for the Hard to Fill stream, you have to work only 780 hours. Other streams have different hour criteria. Don't think about months here, that's very important. Because if you work 40 hours per week consistently, then it will take you less than 5 months to become eligible to apply for this program. So it is actually a wrong idea that you have to work 1 year. Think in working hours.

And sorry to break your confusion, I haven't applied for pgwp yet. If you read my previous reply, I will be graduating this April with 1 year certificate. So I was doing some prior research on this topic.

oh great then we are kind of on the same boat. And about the work duration. It is kind of confusing to be honest. At first it started with at least one year of full time work experience then again, it said six month of 780 hours work experience.

ibteshamahmed22

Oct 13, 2023

The employer requirements are throwing me off!

" Employers can utilize the Hard-to-Fill Skills Pilot to recruit workers in select intermediate and low-skilled occupations if you demonstrate that you have attempted to find workers through domestic recruitment activities prior to hiring foreign nationals "

" Prior to submitting the Job Approval Form (JAF) to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), you must advertise each position being recruited on SaskJobs for a minimum of FOUR CONSECUTIVE WEEKS; in the three months prior to submitting the JAF. "

Which employers will be willing to go through this hassle?!?!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The employer requirements are throwing me off!

" Employers can utilize the Hard-to-Fill Skills Pilot to recruit workers in select intermediate and low-skilled occupations if you demonstrate that you have attempted to find workers through domestic recruitment activities prior to hiring foreign nationals "

" Prior to submitting the Job Approval Form (JAF) to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), you must advertise each position being recruited on SaskJobs for a minimum of FOUR CONSECUTIVE WEEKS; in the three months prior to submitting the JAF. "

Which employers will be willing to go through this hassle?!?!
Program is closed right now and under review so wait and see what new requirements are in the next few months.