+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan Applicants applied after C6 please post your timeline here

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Hi Everyone, its been a pleasure chatting with people on this forum. Good luck to those still waiting for their citizenship. Be patient, the process takes time but it will eventually come to an end. That said, below is my full time line.

Location = Regina, Saskatchewan
Application Sent = October 16, 2017
Acknowledgement of Receipt Received Via Email = November 15th, 2017 ( I was in the labor room with my wife when the email came through. Lol)
Status changed to In-process (no email for this, I had to login to see this) = December 5, 2017
Test invite received via email = February 7, 2018
Test Date = March 1st, 2018
Oath invite received via email = May 9, 2018
Oath Date = May 28th, 2018 (The ceremony lasted for 50 mins, with over 90 new citizens in attendance)
Online status changed to complete = May 29th, 2018
Passport Application Date = May 30th, 2018 (I applied for 10 years passport and paid $160, it should arrive in 2 weeks)
Timeline Start to Finish = 7 months.

Congrats!!!!

kindarjit

Apr 17, 2018
Hello Everyone.

I was invited for an event yesterday at the Citizenship ceremony with my friends at Delta Hotel in Regina, and there were 97 newly Canadian Citizens in the scheduled event in the morning. There are another two scheduled ceremony in the afternoon as well but my friends are in the morning ceremony. It was solemn and so teary eyed that my friends are now officially part of the Canadian family. Congrats to all Newly Canadian Citizens.

I just realized one thing that if you are still waiting for a test or oath, please don't lose your patience. I have a wonderful talk to some of the visitors as well that some applicants waited for 7, 9 and 10 months of processing from start to finished until this big event. It shows that when you apply and waiting, these for sure your time to take the test or oath is on the way.

Since my friends are now Citizens, I just wanted to say thank you to all who shared their assistance, point of views, ideas and helping out as well during the journey. I have been reading this forum so I can share some words of encouragement to my friends because during our time it is really a long process.

All the best to everyone. I am signing off.
Good luck.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

Wondergirl

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Sk
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
Citizenship 31/10/2917
AOR Received.
12/14/2017
I did mine to yesterday and yea its so emotional i can not stop not to cry tears of happiness that finally i got it! I been here for almost 11yrs many struggling but ends now lol i am so happy ... yea for all peoples waiting there invitaion for test and oath soon guys u will get it too wish all the luck and hope soon u will feel what we feel yesterday

Reactions: kindarjit

kindarjit

Apr 17, 2018
I did mine to yesterday and yea its so emotional i can not stop not to cry tears of happiness that finally i got it! I been here for almost 11yrs many struggling but ends now lol i am so happy ... yea for all peoples waiting there invitaion for test and oath soon guys u will get it too wish all the luck and hope soon u will feel what we feel yesterday
Congrats!

mh.sk

Jan 29, 2018
Hi Everyone, I received test invite email yesterday. I just want to make sure that i am not missing anything. So there were two attachements in the email: First carrying information about test date, location etc followed by "Probations under the citizenship act form". Second attachment called "Important Notice" Your passports and travel documents saying bring all previous passports with their biogrphic page photocopies followed by " Information on accompanying persons and Interpreters". So just want to make sure everyone gets the same kind of email, so i am not missing anything. Thanks in advance

Wondergirl

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Sk
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
Citizenship 31/10/2917
AOR Received.
12/14/2017
Hi Everyone, I received test invite email yesterday. I just want to make sure that i am not missing anything. So there were two attachements in the email: First carrying information about test date, location etc followed by "Probations under the citizenship act form". Second attachment called "Important Notice" Your passports and travel documents saying bring all previous passports with their biogrphic page photocopies followed by " Information on accompanying persons and Interpreters". So just want to make sure everyone gets the same kind of email, so i am not missing anything. Thanks in advance
U dont miss anything that all u need

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
800 plus people became Canadian citizen this week alone in Regina.

This tells us that lots of people apply and only little are on this forum.

I wish everyone waiting for their test/interview and oat ceremony good luck.

Reactions: ChippyBoy