CELPIP results received 20-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request 22-Apr-2014
Med's Request
09-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2013
Interview........
In Process Apr 30, 2014( It changed on May 3)
Passport Req..
19-June-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-June-2014
LANDED..........
August 18, 2014
Still waiting.......... The next planned IRCC visit to Regina after May is July. How did I know this? I reached out to IRCC in Saskatoon via email, advising them about my upcoming travel plan. Fingers crossed that we (Regina Oct 2017 applicants) receive oath invite tomorrow or next week at the latest.

Now, I feel bad for relocating from Calgary last year. A friend in Calgary wrote his test 2 weeks ago and he got oath invite today for the 29th. Lol. Well, I guess I have to be patient.
That’s excellent to know! Im on the same boat. Really hoping to get oath invitation this month because of travel plans in next month. I did write on IRCC web form and surprisingly i heard back from them after a week saying that they sent it to local immigration office to consider my request. I hope we will get invitation soon like today or tomorrow or early next week haha

Roger_notta

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
I hear ya . I know some people from saskatoon and also from BC. They applied in November and they already have their oath scheduled if not complete. I regret staying in Regina when most of my friends left the city. I guess it will be an advice for future applicants who are planning to apply from Regina. Understandable when you don't have anything scheduled for the city. But when you have events scheduled every month in city and you wonder what's going on with that. It is very very frustrating. One office . Double standards . Unfair

Reactions: ChippyBoy

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
SK as a whole is shit place to live. Most people come here for their status and leave after acquiring PR or Citizenship
No no I disagree with you. This is a nice province, I use to live In Mississauga, I had couple of speeding tickets and my suv insurance was 900 dollars a month, in Saskatchewan i pay 120 dollars a month for same suv . I got stuck in snow in Moose Jaw and before I knew it there was 7 cars stopped to help me out, you don’t see that in Mississauga, people are way nicer out here. And people are more chill out here, the traffic alone on 401 kills me everyday lol. In Saskatchewan I get get to any place without having to worry of traffic . Overall I like Saskatchewan. I live in a small town and I like it.

Whats happening

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
No no I disagree with you. This is a nice province, I use to live In Mississauga, I had couple of speeding tickets and my suv insurance was 900 dollars a month, in Saskatchewan i pay 120 dollars a month for same suv . I got stuck in snow in Moose Jaw and before I knew it there was 7 cars stopped to help me out, you don’t see that in Mississauga, people are way nicer out here. And people are more chill out here, the traffic alone on 401 kills me everyday lol. In Saskatchewan I get get to any place without having to worry of traffic . Overall I like Saskatchewan. I live in a small town and I like it.
Do not take offence but 900 a month is straight up lies, that is 10,800. you might as well take uber everywhere. Also we are not comparing the same coverage. SK has liability limit of 200k which is nothing. Either you must be a terrible driver with multiple accidents in a year or a very young driver with a high end luxury SUV. As for people helping that can happen anywhere. I feel people here are pretentious. They are awkward with none white people and way more racism towards natives here. As for traffic I agree its easier but there is nothing interesting to visit anywhere in SK.

Last edited:

Whats happening

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Oh No! This is not a nice thing to say about this wonderful province.
After living here for 4+ years I can say that. The first 2 years were mediocre years. but now the toll of winter is getting at me. overpriced restaurant, people do not know how to drive(also drink driving a huge problem here), people are very defensive of deficiencies in amenities and services within their province. They are more leaning towards looking at the bright side all time instead of fixing it. I know its a good trait to look on the bright side but hey that should be done religiously on every criticism of this province. There are many more downside but mainly due to the size of population.

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Do not take offence but 900 a month is straight up lies. Also we are not comparing the same coverage. SK has liability limit of 200k which is nothing. Either you must be a terrible driver with multiple accidents in a year or a very young driver with a high end luxury SUV. As for people helping that can happen anywhere. I feel people here are pretentious. They are awkward with none white people and way more racism towards natives here. As for traffic I agree its easier but there is nowhere interesting to anywhere in SK.
Am not going to argue here with you . I got couple of speeding tickets. No accident and yes I was paying 900 dollars a month. I have friends paying 1500 dollars a month for a car insurance in Toronto. If you don’t like Saskatchewan move, I am an African man, I have lived here for a while and I like it here, and I don’t look at colours. I work with people from different part of the world. It’s people like you who look at colours that think people are awkward to none white people. I have seen none white people more racists this days. If Saskatchewan is such a shit place to live, move to other province. It’s called MOBILITY RIGHT.

sana123

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I got stuck in snow in Moose Jaw and before I knew it there was 7 cars stopped to help me out
I have a similar experience, not sure about other provinces tho..
ppl tend to be more relaxed and minding their own business here..
Racism is everywhere .. even in back home

Whats happening

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Am not going to argue here with you . I got couple of speeding tickets. No accident and yes I was paying 900 dollars a month. I have friends paying 1500 dollars a month for a car insurance in Toronto. If you don’t like Saskatchewan move, I am an African man, I have lived here for a while and I like it here, and I don’t look at colours. I work with people from different part of the world. It’s people like you who look at colours that think people are awkward to none white people. I have seen none white people more racists this days. If Saskatchewan is such a shit place to live, move to other province. It’s called MOBILITY RIGHT.
That is just a shitty reply. I never claimed my rights were violated. I shared my opinion about the province. I am also from Africa and i have lived in 4 provinces in the last 13 years here in Canada and from what i have gathered this place is shittier than living in the east coast. By awkward i meant they do not come across different race and culture that often as compared to a multi cultured cities. That is a typical SK person reply, if I do not like it then I should move. I do not think you get my point. It is not unbearable. I am just telling it like it is.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SK as a whole is shit place to live. Most people come here for their status and leave after acquiring PR or Citizenship
Do NOT say such bad words about any part of Canadian soil. It hurts millions of Canadians. If I had the authority, I would have revoked your citizenship or PR and have you deported to your home country for publicly insulting a Canadian province.

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
@ What's happening, the car insurance pricing is correct. I lived in Toronto for 5 years. Prior to getting a major ticket, my insurance was $480/month for a 4 door sedan. After I got a major speeding ticket, my insurer, TD insurance kicked me out and I ended up going with an insurer who classified me as high risk, my monthly insurance went up to about $900. Bear in mind, the speeding ticket was given to me in New York State. A few weeks after arrival, I got a ticket in the mail again from Canadian authorities referencing my initial ticket. At the end, I paid to Canadian and USA authorities. My license was also suspended in Canada because of that. Before you respond with lying accusations, please my dear, do your research.

Lastly, for Regina applicants waiting on Oath email. I am convinced that we will start getting emails in the third week of May. Up until now, IRCC is yet to make up their mind on the exact dates in May. There will be a rush, people will be given less than 5 days notice to appear. I am super excited. LOL

Reactions: Psalm91

Whats happening

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Do NOT say such bad words about any part of Canadian soil. It hurts millions of Canadians. If I had the authority, I would have revoked your citizenship or PR and have you deported to your home country for publicly insulting a Canadian province.
Lol. That is authoritarian. Revoking based on that? That is very uncanadian -. Its good to talk about the problems so it can be solved or at least be talked about. There is shit places in every country in the world.

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
@ What's happening, the car insurance pricing is correct. I lived in Toronto for 5 years. Prior to getting a major ticket, my insurance was $480/month for a 4 door sedan. After I got a major speeding ticket, my insurer, TD insurance kicked me out and I ended up going with an insurer who classified me as high risk, my monthly insurance went up to about $900. Bear in mind, the speeding ticket was given to me in New York State. A few weeks after arrival, I got a ticket in the mail again from Canadian authorities referencing my initial ticket. At the end, I paid to Canadian and USA authorities. My license was also suspended in Canada because of that. Before you respond with lying accusations, please my dear, do your research.

Lastly, for Regina applicants waiting on Oath email. I am convinced that we will start getting emails in the third week of May. Up until now, IRCC is yet to make up their mind on the exact dates in May. There will be a rush, people will be given less than 5 days notice to appear. I am super excited. LOL
Hi,
Where do you have this info about Oath dates from?