+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sao Paulo BRA VO - 2016/17 Timeline

acaselatto

May 2, 2017
Hey, guys. I've been reading this forum like a mad woman, thanks for sharing all your timelines and updates! I was getting a bit worried without any news on our case, but it's great to see some of you got PPRs recently.

I've been in Brazil since March waiting for my PPR and my partner came with me but had to return to his job in Canada shortly after that. Since we might have a few more months ahead of us, we were thinking I could join him there in the next weeks or so. I was in Canada last year and still have a valid tourist visa.

I've read some threads about landing as a visitor while waiting for PPR and obviously have some concerns - mostly because I don't know how to prove strong ties to Brazil at this point, except for a return flight. I know many couples go through that so they can wait together, but I'm not very confident with all the advices I've read so far. Has anyone here crossed this line without problems?

Oh! And I included our dates in the spreadsheet too!
Thanks

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
H
Hey, guys. I've been reading this forum like a mad woman, thanks for sharing all your timelines and updates! I was getting a bit worried without any news on our case, but it's great to see some of you got PPRs recently.

I've been in Brazil since March waiting for my PPR and my partner came with me but had to return to his job in Canada shortly after that. Since we might have a few more months ahead of us, we were thinking I could join him there in the next weeks or so. I was in Canada last year and still have a valid tourist visa.

I've read some threads about landing as a visitor while waiting for PPR and obviously have some concerns - mostly because I don't know how to prove strong ties to Brazil at this point, except for a return flight. I know many couples go through that so they can wait together, but I'm not very confident with all the advices I've read so far. Has anyone here crossed this line without problems?

Oh! And I included our dates in the spreadsheet too!
Thanks
Hi! I am going to Canada in 2 weeks as a visitor. I was there for 10 months but I had a personal problem in Brazil. When I was there I was a visitor and I renewed my visa and I told the immigration that I was married and I had the PR application, so they extended my visa for 13 months. So now I will tell them that I will wait my PR together my husband as a visitor. I don't have ticket to back to Brazil.
It is allowed you to stay with your husband.
Cherrs!

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
H

Hi! I am going to Canada in 2 weeks as a visitor. I was there for 10 months but I had a personal problem in Brazil. When I was there I was a visitor and I renewed my visa and I told the immigration that I was married and I had the PR application, so they extended my visa for 13 months. So now I will tell them that I will wait my PR together my husband as a visitor. I don't have ticket to back to Brazil.
Cherrs!
Marcinha, please let us know how it goes when you return to Canada as a visitor! My husband and I are returning in July on an eta to finish the process there and I'm curious about how it will be at immigration.

Acaselatto, I'll be watching for your updates too! Your application seems to be about a week ahead of ours!

I hope you're all coping with the waiting well! :)

Ligia

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
File Transfer...
03/11/2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15/08/2016 (passed)
Hi! So, finally my ecas changed from 'in process' to 'decision made' over the last night!!! I think I can finally see the end coming :D

Last edited:
Reactions: acaselatto

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Hi! So, finally my ecas changed from 'in process' to 'decision made' over the last night!!! I think I can finally see the end coming
Congratulations! This makes me so happy! I've been following your updates. Let us know when you receive the PPR!

Reactions: Ligia

acaselatto

May 2, 2017
Cherrs!
Awesome, that gives me a lot more hope! I didn't realize it was that simple. So you're bringing only your AORs or something else to show you have an ongoing application? Please, keep us posted! I'm planning to go by the end of June.

Acaselatto, I'll be watching for your updates too! Your application seems to be about a week ahead of ours!
We really have pretty similar dates, hopefully we get good news over the next month!

I'm happy things seem to be moving now. Congratulations, Ligia!

Ligia

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
File Transfer...
03/11/2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15/08/2016 (passed)
I just got my PPR guys! Sooooo happy :D
Thank so much for all the help, keep strong that I know you all are gonna receive your PRs very soon <3

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
I just got my PPR guys! Sooooo happy :D
Thank so much for all the help, keep strong that I know you all are gonna receive your PRs very soon <3
Congratulations! :D

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Awesome, that gives me a lot more hope! I didn't realize it was that simple. So you're bringing only your AORs or something else to show you have an ongoing application? Please, keep us posted! I'm planning to go by the end of June.

We really have pretty similar dates, hopefully we get good news over the next month!

I'm happy things seem to be moving now. Congratulations, Ligia!
You don't have to prove you have an application in process. The immigration officers at the airport should be able to see it in their system. You do still have to have a visa to enter though. But now it's easier for Brazilians because eta is an option. You need a valid US visa or to have had a Canadian visa in the past 5 years (I'm not 100% sure about the amount of time) to get an eta.

So happy to be seeing some movement in the SP VO! It's got me feeling super positive!

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Reactions: natyoncins

acaselatto

May 2, 2017
You don't have to prove you have an application in process. The immigration officers at the airport should be able to see it in their system. You do still have to have a visa to enter though. But now it's easier for Brazilians because eta is an option. You need a valid US visa or to have had a Canadian visa in the past 5 years (I'm not 100% sure about the amount of time) to get an eta.

So happy to be seeing some movement in the SP VO! It's got me feeling super positive!
Thanks for the info, katdanger. It makes sense they would know a lot more about my application at the airport than me during this whole process :p
I already have a visa I applied for before getting the PR application started, so it's a bit weird not even go through eTA to get the approval in my current situation. I just feel like I'm sneaking in!

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hi guys! Just saw this thread and l would like to add my timeline too

SA: April 12th / 2017
File transfer/in process: May 15th / 2017

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Hi guys! Just saw this thread and l would like to add my timeline too

SA: April 12th / 2017
File transfer/in process: May 15th / 2017
Welcome! Thanks for adding your information to the spreadsheet!