VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
BrazilianGirl said:
Somebody got a PR today!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D
Yeah Baby!!! Sounds like Sao Paulo is back to work! Slowly but still going!

Canadianladyinsp

Jul 29, 2013
São Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Doc's Request.
05-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Request
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
Hi everyone,

I previously wrote that the doctors in São Paulo are saying that we need to apply first and then get the exam. Well my husband phoned a different office today, the one suggested by nanediz, and the doctor there said the same thing:( apparently the process has changed for SP, Rio, and Brasillia as of April, 2013. I will be near the consulate tomorrow so will go there to confirm this info, but gr! I hope this doesn't slow down our application process too much!

Also- I've read that some people have printed out photos (2/page) and read in other places that they must be loose photos in an envelope... Does anyone have any advice about this?

Thanks!!

PS I am still trying to figure out how to do the quoting thing lol- everything on an iPad seems more complicated to me! ???

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Canadianladyinsp said:
Hi everyone,

I previously wrote that the doctors in São Paulo are saying that we need to apply first and then get the exam. Well my husband phoned a different office today, the one suggested by nanediz, and the doctor there said the same thing:( apparently the process has changed for SP, Rio, and Brasillia as of April, 2013. I will be near the consulate tomorrow so will go there to confirm this info, but gr! I hope this doesn't slow down our application process too much!

Also- I've read that some people have printed out photos (2/page) and read in other places that they must be loose photos in an envelope... Does anyone have any advice about this?

Thanks!!

PS I am still trying to figure out how to do the quoting thing lol- everything on an iPad seems more complicated to me! ???
Hey there!

1º - Medical Exams: I've read somewhere that from now on you don't do the medicals before sending the application. They will ask require the medicals when they are close to finish your process. It kinda makes sense, though.

2º - Photos: I've printed them on A4 paper. Basically printed average of 4 photos per page with a little of the story of each photo. Be sure to write dates and locations. Also to write your name and Date of Birth on each page (I wrote on the top and numbered the pages, on the bottom). I think this way is better in the sense that they don't have to be turning each and every photo to see what the description of it is. Every page is loose (don't staple them), but I put a big paper clip, since there was 77 pages just of photos (I did a little too many of them because I'm on Common-law Union process, and I've heard I would need more proves of our relationship).

I put the whole application in 3 different envelopes: Sponsor Envelope; Applicant Envelope; Relationship Proof Envelope.
So, the photos, together with Skype history and Facebook chats, were inside the Relationship Proof Envelope. Each different subject were individually attached together by paper clips, then all subjects attached together with one HUGE paper clip and put inside Relationship Envelop.
Any other doubt on this matter, let me know. I love doing this things!

3º - Quote: I'm not sure how this forum appears on the iPad, but try to see if you find a thing saying "Quote" on the top right side of each comment. Click on it, and it will take you to "send message" thing.

I hope I could be of any help.

Cheers!

PS. Once you send your application, join us in our SP spreadsheet. :)

Canadianladyinsp

Jul 29, 2013
São Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Doc's Request.
05-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Request
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
Thanks Braziliangirl!! A lot of good info there, and very helpful about the pictures. We have a lot of pictures, and are also planning to submit (some of) our Facebook chat/Skype /email history.We don't send letters or anything like that because we live together, and talk everyday via Internet or texting. We also have a lot of letters from friends/family supporting the genuineness of our relationship. I have a few more questions:)

1) about the supporting letters, we are going to get all of his official documents (passport, marriage cert, birth cert, police clearance etc) translated by an official translator, but it is very expensive. I read another case, where the applicant just translated letters from friends/family. Do you think we should get these officially translated too?! We were just planning for my husband to do it, because It is so expensive, but I don't want to risk anything lol.
we both have also written relationship essays, and will include a "timeline" of our relationship. We are going to organize the pictures this weekend which I'm excited about. Do you think this will be enough evidence?

2) I don't think this will be an issue to canadian immigration, but my status in brazil is on an overstayed tourist visa- we haven't applied for my visa here yet, well because we don't plan to stay here, and don't want to spend the extra money. Will it matter? From my understanding they evaluate me as a sponsor based on other things (I have a letter from my previous work saying they would re-hire me, my university degree, and letters from my parents/friends stating they would provide housing/financial support if needed while we transition).

3) Last thing:) I have been teaching English while here, but don't think I should mention that on the application at all, because it is not documented income ? It is a bit tricky because I met him doing this, so I'm a little bit unsure. What do you think?

Phewf that was a lot! Thanks again for all the help, I will let you know as soon as we submit!! Eeee feels like its getting so close:D

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Hey Canadianladyinsp!!

1) Well, about the official docs, they do have to be translated by an official translator. Here in brazil is very expensive indeed! One thing you could do about it is, send a scanned picture of the docs to a translator in Canada and get it sent back to you by snail-mail in Brazil. Honestly, it might be cheaper! But then, it is something you gotta get a quote. If you want, I got a translator from Toronto who has been very helpful. Or maybe you can ask your family to find someone from where you come from. I think it doesn't hurt to get a quote...
About the letters from friends and family, I believe you could translate them yourself. There no need for an official translation of those.
As I said before, I only included Facebook chats, Skype calls and photos as relationship proof. So, if you include letters from friends and family is even better!
I also wrote a note about Facebook Chats saying: "Note: the messages shown here are only a selection of them, not all of them.", because if we were to include EVERYTHING, it would be a little too much... And there's things you don't have to show to anybody else, right? ;)

2) About this part, I can't help much... My fiance was here for 3 months and overstayed 3 days. There was no problem what so ever. The only thing was by the time he was leaving. The person at the airport gave him kinda like a ticket for overstaying, but there was no problem for him.
Now, about the letter from your previous work would help, but again, I don't wanna say much about this because I am not sure. But I've read about people even on wellfare sponsoring other people. If you'd like, open a thread here on the forum about it, or try to find a thread about it. I believe there is one.

3) I'm not sure what to tell here either... ??? Sorry...

Well, good luck and all the best!

Morrigan

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17 2013
AOR Received.
August 30 2013
File Transfer...
September 12 2013
Med's Done....
July 29 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 28
VISA ISSUED...
November 05
LANDED..........
Sometime in February/2014
Any news for SP? Are they working?

Morrigan

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17 2013
AOR Received.
August 30 2013
File Transfer...
September 12 2013
Med's Done....
July 29 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 28
VISA ISSUED...
November 05
LANDED..........
Canadianladyinsp said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!!

Oh God! I did my medicals on July 29th in Canada and nobody mentioned any change... Does that mean I will have to do another medical in the end? My process will be sent to SP too...

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Morrigan said:
Any news for SP? Are they working?
Hey there Morrigan! And welcome aboard!

I do believe there are people working in SP, maybe not at full force, but there are some working.

Morrigan said:
Oh God! I did my medicals on July 29th in Canada and nobody mentioned any change... Does that mean I will have to do another medical in the end? My process will be sent to SP too...
You did your medicals this year? Well, I have sent my medicals in October and my application in November. They only changed my e-cas to "Application Received on Nov 30, 2013. Medicals have been received" after the Sponsorship Approval, if I well remember it.
Did you apply from Inside? Would you like to be part of our spreadsheet? If so, click on the link bellow and take a look at it, and give me your info so I can add you there. =)

Morrigan

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17 2013
AOR Received.
August 30 2013
File Transfer...
September 12 2013
Med's Done....
July 29 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 28
VISA ISSUED...
November 05
LANDED..........
Hi Brazilian Girl!

I had the medicals done in Canada in July 29 this year. I haven't sent my application yet as we are waiting for the notarize translations and Option C to arrive, which should happen this week. Whenever the application is sent I will let you know so that I can be part of the spreadsheet.

:D

quebec23

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
Doc's Request.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013
Passport Req..
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2014
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
does any know sao paulo's email? Id like to ask if they got my medicals cause I did in february and in my e cas it hasnt showed anything

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Morrigan said:
Hi Brazilian Girl!

I had the medicals done in Canada in July 29 this year. I haven't sent my application yet as we are waiting for the notarize translations and Option C to arrive, which should happen this week. Whenever the application is sent I will let you know so that I can be part of the spreadsheet.

:D
Very nice, Morrigan!
Well, just remember to double-check all the docs, and see if they are all signed properly as well. ;)
And good luck! ;D

quebec23 said:
does any know sao paulo's email? Id like to ask if they got my medicals cause I did in february and in my e cas it hasnt showed anything
Hey there!

Here is the address for the Consulate-General of Canada in Sao Paulo. You can find a few e-mail addresses and phone numbers.
Good luck! ;)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/brazil-bresil/offices-bureaux/services_sao.aspx?lang=por

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
quebec23 said:

Hey Quebec23.
Welcome to our thread!
Here is Sao Paulo's VO E-mail: spalo-cs@international.gc.ca

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
Hi Everyone!

Since the police certificates from sao paulo can all be obtained online, do we still need to get a certified copy of them, or just send them in as the originals? We already got them translated into english by an official translator, just wondering if we still need to get a certified copy as well.

Thanks!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
091212 said:
Hi Everyone!

Since the police certificates from sao paulo can all be obtained online, do we still need to get a certified copy of them, or just send them in as the originals? We already got them translated into english by an official translator, just wondering if we still need to get a certified copy as well.

Thanks!

The sworn translation has the same validity as a certified copy, no need for new certified copies. You should send the originals obtained online attached to the translations.

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2013
File Transfer...