19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th

starry101

Feb 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm from Canada and my common in law partner is from Brazil. He is living here in Canada on a student Visa (he's been here for 4 years now). I was wondering if anyone here had any insight on inland vs outland applications. According to the estimated times, they seem the same, but I've been reading that inland applications are very behind. Besides a possible interview, would there be any other reason he would need to return to Brazil if outland?

Thanks for any help!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
starry101 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm from Canada and my common in law partner is from Brazil. He is living here in Canada on a student Visa (he's been here for 4 years now). I was wondering if anyone here had any insight on inland vs outland applications. According to the estimated times, they seem the same, but I've been reading that inland applications are very behind. Besides a possible interview, would there be any other reason he would need to return to Brazil if outland?

Thanks for any help!
Inland application is a longer process and your partner cannot travel abroad during the whole time, but can apply for a work permit all together. Outland is much faster (not so fast now with a strike going on), if he has a valid visa to Canada he can stay with you and travel if needed (exception to after the passport request, where he'll have to mail it to Brazil which stops him from traveling).

Canadianladyinsp

Jul 29, 2013
São Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Doc's Request.
05-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Request
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are in the process of getting all necessary documents together for our application. We are both living together in SP, so are doing an Outland application. Hoping to send in the application in about a month.

Last week we tried to make an appointment with an approved doctor here in SP but they said that we have to send our application first and come for the exam after- which according to CIC website is wrong, because on the website it states you can do it 2 ways- in advance or after you apply. Obviously we want to do this as quick as possible so want do it in advance. Does anyone have any insight on this??

Also- we don't have any dependants/children its just us- does anyone know if we need to send in the forms and write N/A on them- or should we just not send the form.

And one more thing- the criminal record check. My husband assured me that he talked to someone from the federal police, and they told him he can get the required sheets online. Is this true?!

Thanks!!

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
Hello,

My husband is from Brazil and he's currently living here in Canada with me. We just completed his medical in Halifax, Nova Scotia a few weeks ago, they gave us a form saying we completed it and we are supposed to mail it in with our application. We should be sending it in, in a few weeks as well. I'm not sure why the doctor in SP told you to send in your application first, because that's not correct. I hope you can schedule it again and get it done.

As for the dependents/children form, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm thinking the best bet is to include the paper but just put N/A on it so that they know we didn't forget to include it in our application.

My husband was able to get 2/3 of the police certificates online, but he had to go to the police station to get the Federal one done. I've heard before that you can get all 3 online, so maybe its different for some people.

Since the strike is happening, is it still worth it to do outland? I was always going to do outland because I heard it was faster, but now i'm not so sure. Any suggestions on what we should do?

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Canadianladyinsp said:
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are in the process of getting all necessary documents together for our application. We are both living together in SP, so are doing an Outland application. Hoping to send in the application in about a month.

Last week we tried to make an appointment with an approved doctor here in SP but they said that we have to send our application first and come for the exam after- which according to CIC website is wrong, because on the website it states you can do it 2 ways- in advance or after you apply. Obviously we want to do this as quick as possible so want do it in advance. Does anyone have any insight on this??
This doctor you consulted is mistaken. I'd suggest you to look for this one: São Paulo Ib Andersen Rua Antonio De Macedo Soares, 1902, 04607-003 - (55 11) 5543-5086 (55 11) 5092-6458 Danish / English / Portuguese
He is used to the routine and he will send you to a certain lab for the blood tests and X-Ray and you won't need to comeback there, they'll send the results all back to the doctor. You'll leave the doctor's office with the form you need to attach to your application

Also- we don't have any dependants/children its just us- does anyone know if we need to send in the forms and write N/A on them- or should we just not send the form.
This was also a big doubt for me and my husband when filling our forms. We read and re-read the guides and form and they're very confusing. I don't have kids, but my husband has (he is my Canadian sponsor). In the form it says you should mention dependent children even if adopted or step children. Well, I have step-children but they are Canadian, but I filled the form with their data anyway. If you don't have children at all, just fill "NA" and send the form in with your application. That is what I would do.

And one more thing- the criminal record check. My husband assured me that he talked to someone from the federal police, and they told him he can get the required sheets online. Is this true?!
There is availability to order the federal police criminal check online. It didn't work for me personally so I had to go to their headquarters and apply. It takes about 7 days and you have to return there to pick it up. Try this link first and see if it works for you: https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sinic-certidao/emitirCertidao.html

Thanks!!
Make sure you provide us your timeline so that you can be added to our Sao Paulo Spreadsheet.

Good Luck with your application!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
091212 said:
Hello,

My husband is from Brazil and he's currently living here in Canada with me. We just completed his medical in Halifax, Nova Scotia a few weeks ago, they gave us a form saying we completed it and we are supposed to mail it in with our application. We should be sending it in, in a few weeks as well. I'm not sure why the doctor in SP told you to send in your application first, because that's not correct. I hope you can schedule it again and get it done.

As for the dependents/children form, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm thinking the best bet is to include the paper but just put N/A on it so that they know we didn't forget to include it in our application.

My husband was able to get 2/3 of the police certificates online, but he had to go to the police station to get the Federal one done. I've heard before that you can get all 3 online, so maybe its different for some people.

Since the strike is happening, is it still worth it to do outland? I was always going to do outland because I heard it was faster, but now i'm not so sure. Any suggestions on what we should do?
I'd say still worth it doing it outland. The 1st stage of approval takes about a month (the sponsor's part) While inland the same stage would take at least 6 months.
If your spouse has a valid visa and can stay with you anyway, I'd definitely apply as outland, is much faster and this strike can't last forever.

Good Luck with your application and you are very lucky to have your spouse there with you ;)

Make sure you give us your timeline so that you can be added to our spreadsheet by BrazilianGirl.

starry101

Feb 11, 2013
nanediniz said:
I'd say still worth it doing it outland. The 1st stage of approval takes about a month (the sponsor's part) While inland the same stage would take at least 6 months.
If your spouse has a valid visa and can stay with you anyway, I'd definitely apply as outland, is much faster and this strike can't last forever.

Good Luck with your application and you are very lucky to have your spouse there with you ;)

Make sure you give us your timeline so that you can be added to our spreadsheet by BrazilianGirl.
I was thinking of this for our situation, but my boyfriend is worried about being called for a interview, which would mean a trip back to Brazil at his expense. Do they usually request interviews or only if theres something "off" about the application?

Canadianladyinsp

Jul 29, 2013
São Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Doc's Request.
05-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Request
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
nanediniz said:
Make sure you provide us your timeline so that you can be added to our Sao Paulo Spreadsheet.

Good Luck with your application!
Thank you so much for all that great info! i will get the timeline together in the next little bit:)

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
starry101 said:
I was thinking of this for our situation, but my boyfriend is worried about being called for a interview, which would mean a trip back to Brazil at his expense. Do they usually request interviews or only if theres something "off" about the application?
Hi Starry101!
It is really the only risk of applying outland. But, as far as I concern it is not very common Sao Paulo request an interview, unless you have red flags in your application, such as: you got married right after meeting in person, if the sponsored have kids and is bringing them to Canada, inconsistencies in both of your forms/statements, past failed refugee claim, misrepresentation etc. Also being in a common law relationship could be a reason for an interview, once this type of relationship is a little harder to prove and they scrutinize it more. If you have a straight forward application, it's not likely they would request an interview, but not guaranteed.
You are the only one who can determine what is the best path in your case...
Good luck!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Canadianladyinsp said:
Thank you so much for all that great info! i will get the timeline together in the next little bit:)
You are very welcome CanadianLady ;)

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP