Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
Hi dear all,
I found this somewhere else in the forum and I thought would be nice to share. By the way, does anybody know what BFD stands for??

Background Check is bisecting in two:

1. Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our spousal sponsorships being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, Genuineness of relationship ,Adaptability, Qualitative, Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate docs etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny by any means and ask for an Interview.

2. Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted or received to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; in terms of, Political, Socio-Economical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc.
This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, CBSA, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen (including Law Enforcement services), Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain targeted countries, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Results: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. Sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds
-Ecas: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

The Insight of the Process :

Stage-1: Mississauga: Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to Miss-ON> Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: VO stage onwards: Received Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File in Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+ Genuineness > Issue of 2nd AOR(sometimes) > Background Check > request of Additional docs(if any) > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Add. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR> Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Ecas is not a good tool to check your application level but it can shades some light if updated in time.

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
canard said:
Hi dear all,
I found this somewhere else in the forum and I thought would be nice to share. By the way, does anybody know what BFD stands for??
I found this here in the forum:

All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

canard

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
Thank you very much sweetie! Very interesting!

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
canard said:
Thank you very much sweetie! Very interesting!
Thank you for posting it, so I had the chance to further my knowledge. =]

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Sao Paulo People!!!

Somebody got an PPR today!!!

YAY!!!!!!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
BrazilianGirl said:
Sao Paulo People!!!

Somebody got an PPR today!!!

YAY!!!!!!
Believe it or not for a moment I thought you were talking about yourself! ???

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
nanediniz said:
Believe it or not for a moment I thought you were talking about yourself! ???
Oh girl! I sooooo wish it!! But I am going to be saying it about myself soon!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Yes you will, just believe it and picture it in your mind as if it had already happened! ;)

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
Hi Everyone!
For the Sao Paulo Police Certificates there are 3 that you need to get. My fiancee can get 2 online but needed to go to the police station to get the 3rd one. He read somewhere that in Brazil you can get your certificates "regulated" so that they can be used in another country...has anyone done this or know anything about it?

Also, we will need to translate the documents into English. Any suggestions on what translation service to use? And after they are translated, do we need to get them notorized?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
091212 said:
Hi Everyone!
For the Sao Paulo Police Certificates there are 3 that you need to get. My fiancee can get 2 online but needed to go to the police station to get the 3rd one. He read somewhere that in Brazil you can get your certificates "regulated" so that they can be used in another country...has anyone done this or know anything about it?

Also, we will need to translate the documents into English. Any suggestions on what translation service to use? And after they are translated, do we need to get them notorized?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Hey there, welcome to our thread.
I never heard of background certificates being regulated. What usually makes a document able for use abroad is the translation/notarization. You'll be able to use it abroad only if asked as a background check from your home country.

When you get your docs translated to English it has to be done by sworn translator and it will be already notarized so no need to do any further notarization.
About who to hire to do your translations, I wish I knew this before I've done my paperwork, because I spent a bunch of money with that plus the Interpretation on my wedding civil ceremony. Anyway, translators in Brazil are regulated by the Trade Association and their fees are tabulated so you'll spend quite a bit anyway if you decide to do it here.
Someone I know recommended the services of a translator from Canada whose fees charged are fair, here goes his data: "Edmonton, AB mas ele pode receber os documents scanneados por email e depois envia tudo por correio da sua escolha. Se precisar de traducao, ele pode ser contactado por email no emontgom@ualberta.ca."

Good luck with your application.

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
Thank you so much!
Your information was very helpful :)

ththev

Mar 31, 2013
hey guys!

I have some news.
My e-cas has changed to decision made 2 days ago. Im waiting for them to contact me now!

:D

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
ththev said:
hey guys!

I have some news.
My e-cas has changed to decision made 2 days ago. Im waiting for them to contact me now!

:D
OMG!! That´s so freaking awesome!!!
Congratulations!
Keep us updated of when you receive your beautiful visa!!

ththev

Mar 31, 2013
Big news today!!!

I just got my passport with the visa in the mail today.
The status in the e-cas changed for decision made one week ago and i received the visa today.
They didn't call me or anything like that. They just sent it.

Good luck to everyone! I hope you get your visas as soon as possible!

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
ththev said:
Big news today!!!

I just got my passport with the visa in the mail today.
The status in the e-cas changed for decision made one week ago and i received the visa today.
They didn't call me or anything like that. They just sent it.

Good luck to everyone! I hope you get your visas as soon as possible!
OMG!!!!!
That´s so freaking awesome!!! I´m so happy for you and for all the other people from Sao Paulo VO. Things are moving quite fast!
Congratulations and happy lading!!