01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi @femmebot
Yeah! It did work fine. That thing of "at-least-1-year-after-PR" is specific only for some temporary or seasonal kind of jobs as teachers, traders, etc.
That is not entirely correct. In fact, seasonal employment is excluded from being a "valid job offer." The "at least one year" is to enable people on contract (term-limited) employment to be eligible. "Permanent employment" is understood to be more than one year, and being equally eligible. There is no single correct way to say it, different wording can be used, as long as it meets the intent.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
That is not entirely correct. In fact, seasonal employment is excluded from being a "valid job offer." The "at least one year" is to enable people on contract (term-limited) employment to be eligible. "Permanent employment" is understood to be more than one year, and being equally eligible. There is no single correct way to say it, different wording can be used, as long as it meets the intent.
Thank you! So it only matters to say one or the other? If you don't mind me asking:
  • We can just state the offer is to retain full-time permanent employment? Or
  • Is it better to say the offer is for a permanent position for at least 1 year?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you! So it only matters to say one or the other? If you don't mind me asking:
  • We can just state the offer is to retain full-time permanent employment? Or
  • Is it better to say the offer is for a permanent position for at least 1 year?
From IRCC´s perspective, all employment performed on a temporary work permit is... temporary : ) The key phrase is "upon obtaining permanent resident status" or "when you become a permanent resident" or something that indicates the offer is future-dated to begin when you receive your PR status. It really doesn´t matter if it is "permanent" or "for at least one year" or "for two years" - would all meet the requirements.

Personally, I would use the language provided by IRCC - "for at least one year"

Reactions: immonger

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
Hi everyone I am working on an LMIA based work permit and my employer gave me following job offer for express entry. plz check if it seems to be a valid job offer
To
xxxx
xxxx

Re: Permanent and Indeterminate job offer as XXXXXXX(NOC xxx)

Dear xxxx

As u r working with us since xxxxx, we r pleased to offer u a full time and permanent job as xxxx after u become permanent resident.

As an xxx u will perform following duties:
xxxx
xxx

Terms and conditions:
Pay
hours per week
overtime pay rate

Duration: Indeterminate
benefits: WCB and vacation pay

Signature of employer and employee

Plz provide ur input
this

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi everyone I am working on an LMIA based work permit and my employer gave me following job offer for express entry. plz check if it seems to be a valid job offer
To
xxxx
xxxx

Re: Permanent and Indeterminate job offer as XXXXXXX(NOC xxx)

Dear xxxx

As u r working with us since xxxxx, we r pleased to offer u a full time and permanent job as xxxx after u become permanent resident.

As an xxx u will perform following duties:
xxxx
xxx

Terms and conditions:
Pay
hours per week
overtime pay rate

Duration: Indeterminate
benefits: WCB and vacation pay

Signature of employer and employee

Plz provide ur input
this
That should work : )

Reactions: nijjar123

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
is it mandatory to include NOC in job offer as I just realized my employer has not mentioned NOC code in offer letter...?

uv_thind

Jul 18, 2020
is it mandatory to include NOC in job offer as I just realized my employer has not mentioned NOC code in offer letter...?
Hi,
Can you please update which documents you upload for EE. I also got LMIA approval for Permanent residence stream. I am on PGWP. I received an ITA and now I have to submit documents - Offer of employment,
Letter of Employment and Employment Verification. Can you please help me and provide me the sample letter if possible.
Thank you kindly in advance

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
Hi,
Can you please update which documents you upload for EE. I also got LMIA approval for Permanent residence stream. I am on PGWP. I received an ITA and now I have to submit documents - Offer of employment,
Letter of Employment and Employment Verification. Can you please help me and provide me the sample letter if possible.
Thank you kindly in advance
Hi Uv_Thind,
Congrats on receiving ur ITA. Now the real game starts. U must have got ur documents checklist already as per ur case.
U can see the sample of job offer letter in the previous post by me in this thread.
Below I am writing the sample of letter of employment:

This is to confirm that Mr.......... has been working full time with .....(company name)... since -dd-mm-yy- until
present (if u r currently working on this job) as an ........
The details for his position at company is as follows:

JOB title:
/...........

Duties and responsibilities:

Here write down ur nature of duties as per NOC code. Do not copy and paste from the NOC website, instead write in ur own words but it should around 70% duties of ur NOC code.

Terms and wages:
Mr. ....... has worked full time (40 hours per week) during this period of employment and has been paid .....$/hour for uptown 40 hours per week. and an overtime wages of ...$/hour after 40 hours of work.

Benefits: (here write down whatever benefits ur employer provide like medical cover, dental cover, wcb coverage or vacation pay etc.)

Mr. ...... has performed well in regards to his duties and conduct during his employment with us.

Supervisor name signature
and contact details.

I am not sure about the employment verification , because they didn't ask me for that, it depends on case to case. but they do ask employment records for ur current and previous job, which is almost similar to he letter of employment. For Canadian experience you can attach ur T4 and letter of employment together in a single file for record of employment part.

Gopal88

Aug 14, 2019
Hi Uv_Thind,
Congrats on receiving ur ITA. Now the real game starts. U must have got ur documents checklist already as per ur case.
U can see the sample of job offer letter in the previous post by me in this thread.
Below I am writing the sample of letter of employment:

This is to confirm that Mr.......... has been working full time with .....(company name)... since -dd-mm-yy- until
present (if u r currently working on this job) as an ........
The details for his position at company is as follows:

JOB title:
/...........

Duties and responsibilities:

Here write down ur nature of duties as per NOC code. Do not copy and paste from the NOC website, instead write in ur own words but it should around 70% duties of ur NOC code.

Terms and wages:
Mr. ....... has worked full time (40 hours per week) during this period of employment and has been paid .....$/hour for uptown 40 hours per week. and an overtime wages of ...$/hour after 40 hours of work.

Benefits: (here write down whatever benefits ur employer provide like medical cover, dental cover, wcb coverage or vacation pay etc.)

Mr. ...... has performed well in regards to his duties and conduct during his employment with us.

Supervisor name signature
and contact details.

I am not sure about the employment verification , because they didn't ask me for that, it depends on case to case. but they do ask employment records for ur current and previous job, which is almost similar to he letter of employment. For Canadian experience you can attach ur T4 and letter of employment together in a single file for record of employment part.

Hi nijjar123,

Thanks a lot for the information! I have a question on this.

I am an intra-company transferee and working now in Canada for more than two years. Should I submit both an Offer letter and a Letter of Employment? Or only the Employment reference letter is enough? Kindly clarify... Thanks in advance!

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
Hi nijjar123,

Thanks a lot for the information! I have a question on this.

I am an intra-company transferee and working now in Canada for more than two years. Should I submit both an Offer letter and a Letter of Employment? Or only the Employment reference letter is enough? Kindly clarify... Thanks in advance!
Hi
I m sorry i am not sure abt that stream. But mostly u have to follow the checklist u received after ITA

Reactions: Gopal88

CANPR003

Nov 18, 2020
Hi guille1612, so the format you mentioned above can be used as a offer letter? Did you get 50 points of job offer with the letter you mentioned above in the thread? I am having closed work permit and company is giving similar letter.