Same sex. Conjugal partner sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Question po guys, kailangan ba tlga mg.try kumuha ng USA visa para dun pakasal? im a PR in canada, i did try to get a TRV for my gf but got denied. conjugal sponsorship nlng tlga ang way namin sana
English gets more answers.

jedi_jam

Star Member
May 26, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
do we really need to apply for a US-visa in order for us to be married there?.. I'm already a PR here in Canada but my gf is working in the middle east..we did try to apply for a TRV (Canada) for her but she got denied. So we are hoping for the conjugal application as a solution for us to be together. applying for a US-visa seems to be costly in our current financial status.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
do we really need to apply for a US-visa in order for us to be married there?.. I'm already a PR here in Canada but my gf is working in the middle east..we did try to apply for a TRV (Canada) for her but she got denied. So we are hoping for the conjugal application as a solution for us to be together. applying for a US-visa seems to be costly in our current financial status.
Where is your partner living? You stated in a previous post that she is in the Philippines.

jedi_jam

Star Member
May 26, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Where is your partner living? You stated in a previous post that she is in the Philippines.
right now, she is in the phillippines but she will be working back in the middle east next month. she's just having her vacation in the philippines as of the moment.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
right now, she is in the phillippines but she will be working back in the middle east next month. she's just having her vacation in the philippines as of the moment.
Conjugal can be difficult and generally takes longer than normal to process. Getting married allows for a much easier sponsorship process but if it's not feasible, you have a good case for conjugal. You have the legal barrier of being unable to marry in the Philippines, the legal barrier of being unable to marry or become common-law in her country of residence in the middle east, the immigration barrier of being unable to marry or become common-law in Canada. As you are also from the Philippines, it could potentially be argued that you could become common-law there but you can counter with the fact that those in same-sex relationships face discrimination.

leondarny

Jun 8, 2016
Hello po! Conjugal application din po kami, same sex(male). Submitted our app last April 2018. Here’s my timeline:

CA Permanent Resident Conjugal 2018
Montreal, Quebec-bound

April 13: App sent (Upfront Sched A/NBI)
April 16: App. received
May 16: Ecas updated(App appeared in ecas)
May 19: AOR1
May 25: Decision Made(SA)
May 25: Medical Request
May 26: Sponsor Approval email
June 1: App forwarded to MVO/Request for CSQ
June 2: Medical done
June 3: CSQ app sent
June 5: CSQ app received
June 5: AOR2/MVO started processing
June 9: Med Received/passed(ecas)
Hi All! Just an update of our application.
Yesterday my background check just started and today got the prearrival services letter thru gckey ☺

CanadianHeart

Dec 11, 2018
Hi All! Just an update of our application.
Yesterday my background check just started and today got the prearrival services letter thru gckey ☺
Congrats!

May I know what civil status was selected in your application? We are also under Conjugal Relationship (Male partnership). Looking forward to your response.