+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same sex. Conjugal partner sponsorship

sb0418

Feb 4, 2018
Hi everyone!

So glad i found this thread. I am also on a same sex relationship and my partner is a PR in Canada. We have been together since 2000 and been living together since 2001. We applied for Conjugal Partner sponsorship last year..Feb 2017. Our application was transferred to Manila Visa Office in May 2017. From then on, we haven't heard anything from MVO. No medical request yet. In a few weeks it would be a year already :(
I am hoping to see posts here of successful applicants to at least give me positivity and hope.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone!

So glad i found this thread. I am also on a same sex relationship and my partner is a PR in Canada. We have been together since 2000 and been living together since 2001. We applied for Conjugal Partner sponsorship last year..Feb 2017. Our application was transferred to Manila Visa Office in May 2017. From then on, we haven't heard anything from MVO. No medical request yet. In a few weeks it would be a year already :(
I am hoping to see posts here of successful applicants to at least give me positivity and hope.
Since you have been living together for over a year you should have applied for common law. Are you living in Canada?

sb0418

Feb 4, 2018
Since you have been living together for over a year you should have applied for common law. Are you living in Canada?
I live in the Philippines and my partner lives in Canada now.
We were suppose to apply for common law but our consultant advised us that we should go for conjugal.
I am just hoping we did the right thing.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone!

If you had already lived together for a year before your partner landed as a PR, you were required to be included in their application as a common-law partner. As you weren't included, this would mean that you are forever excluded from the Family Class and cannot be sponsored. You should expect that your app will be refused.

Biatzzi

Jun 10, 2018
Hi, under conjugal partner sponsorship ako, nasa canada partner ko kappr lang nya, mag 3yrs na kami ng partner ko At naghihinaty kami ngayon ng pr visa namin ng anak ko, Sa tingin ko my pagasa din kayo na maapprovd kaya try nyo na magapply..
Maglolodge din sana Kami gf ko ng application. Naghire ka na lawyer?

leondarny

Jun 8, 2016
Hello po! Conjugal application din po kami, same sex(male). Submitted our app last April 2018. Here’s my timeline:

CA Permanent Resident Conjugal 2018
Montreal, Quebec-bound

April 13: App sent (Upfront Sched A/NBI)
April 16: App. received
May 16: Ecas updated(App appeared in ecas)
May 19: AOR1
May 25: Decision Made(SA)
May 25: Medical Request
May 26: Sponsor Approval email
June 1: App forwarded to MVO/Request for CSQ
June 2: Medical done
June 3: CSQ app sent
June 5: CSQ app received
June 5: AOR2/MVO started processing
June 9: Med Received/passed(ecas)

Reactions: Biatzzi

Biatzzi

Jun 10, 2018
Hello po! Conjugal application din po kami, same sex(male). Submitted our app last April 2018. Here’s my timeline:

CA Permanent Resident Conjugal 2018
Montreal, Quebec-bound

April 13: App sent (Upfront Sched A/NBI)
April 16: App. received
May 16: Ecas updated(App appeared in ecas)
May 19: AOR1
May 25: Decision Made(SA)
May 25: Medical Request
May 26: Sponsor Approval email
June 1: App forwarded to MVO/Request for CSQ
June 2: Medical done
June 3: CSQ app sent
June 5: CSQ app received
June 5: AOR2/MVO started processing
June 9: Med Received/passed(ecas)
Gumamit ka ba ng lawyer? Curious lang kung nagtry kayo magapply ng TRV? Considered Approved na ba yung application at this point considering nagmedical na?

leondarny

Jun 8, 2016
Gumamit ka ba ng lawyer? Curious lang kung nagtry kayo magapply ng TRV? Considered Approved na ba yung application at this point considering nagmedical na?
Wala po kaming lawyer. Kami lang po nagsubmit ng papers namin. Lahat ng nasa checklist gnawa lang namin. Di din po ako nag apply ng TRV. May na approve na po kahit walang trv. Medical Passed is not an assurance pa po, kasi bubusisiin pa sa MVO ung papers eh. Pero sana, God-willing, ma approve app namin.

Add nyo po sa fb, 2017-2018 Canada Spousal Sponsorship. May mga na approved na po sa group. Search nyo lang

Biatzzi

Jun 10, 2018
Wala po kaming lawyer. Kami lang po nagsubmit ng papers namin. Lahat ng nasa checklist gnawa lang namin. Di din po ako nag apply ng TRV. May na approve na po kahit walang trv. Medical Passed is not an assurance pa po, kasi bubusisiin pa sa MVO ung papers eh. Pero sana, God-willing, ma approve app namin.

Add nyo po sa fb, 2017-2018 Canada Spousal Sponsorship. May mga na approved na po sa group. Search nyo lang

Good luck sa inyo. Please update us with the results

Philcan_2016

Jul 8, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I am a canadian citizen currently with my gf living together in Mid East. She works here so I have to come here so we could be together since its harder for her to go come to Canada. We are both pinay but I’m canadian citizen now. I want to sponsor her so we could both go to Canada together but it is only been 5months since we’ve been living together but about 2yrs 7month in a relationship now. Should I apply while I’m here with her or when I get back? Any advice from anyone? Muchly appreciated, Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,
I am a canadian citizen currently with my gf living together in Mid East. She works here so I have to come here so we could be together since its harder for her to go come to Canada. We are both pinay but I’m canadian citizen now. I want to sponsor her so we could both go to Canada together but it is only been 5months since we’ve been living together but about 2yrs 7month in a relationship now. Should I apply while I’m here with her or when I get back? Any advice from anyone? Muchly appreciated, Thank you
Hi

As you are currently living together, there is no barrier to you becoming common-law. Live together a year and then sponsor her.

Reactions: canuck78

Philcan_2016

Jul 8, 2018
Hi

As you are currently living together, there is no barrier to you becoming common-law. Live together a year and then sponsor her.
We don’t have enough proof of living together sharing lease because we are both here in United Arab Emirates where my gf works. And dwelling together as same sex is strictly prohibited in this side of the world. We live together as roommates as regular acquaintances would know about us but we have close friends who knows also that we live as a couple.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We don’t have enough proof of living together sharing lease because we are both here in United Arab Emirates where my gf works. And dwelling together as same sex is strictly prohibited in this side of the world. We live together as roommates as regular acquaintances would know about us but we have close friends who knows also that we live as a couple.
That doesn't change the fact that you are common-law. You need to declare addresses in the app and unless you plan on committing fraud by listing fake addresses, IRCC will see you cohabited and refuse the conjugal app.

You don't need a lease. You can show other address proofs.

Philcan_2016

Jul 8, 2018
That doesn't change the fact that you are common-law. You need to declare addresses in the app and unless you plan on committing fraud by listing fake addresses, IRCC will see you cohabited and refuse the conjugal app.

You don't need a lease. You can show other address proofs.
Okay perfect, good to know. We manage to get a credit card with me as her supplementary card holder, so
I guess that would help alittle, thank you for your response. I appreciate it .

jedi_jam

Star Member
May 26, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Question po guys, kailangan ba tlga mg.try kumuha ng USA visa para dun pakasal? im a PR in canada, i did try to get a TRV for my gf but got denied. conjugal sponsorship nlng tlga ang way namin sana