+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same CRS Point 405 with or without spouse. Applying without family advisable?

creekfish

Apr 23, 2015
I am from India. I am planning to apply with my spouse and children. However, When I calculated CRS points as an Individual or as a family, I get the same 405 points. If I apply as an Individual, there are several advatanges like I need to pay lesser visa charges and I can show lesser money as proof of funds. Perhaps, I don't need to disturb my wife to take language test as well. But I don't know, is there any disadvantage if a married person apply without family members.

Appreciate your suggestion and comments on this topic. Thanks in advance.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
creekfish said:
I am from India. I am planning to apply with my spouse and children. However, When I calculated CRS points as an Individual or as a family, I get the same 405 points. If I apply as an Individual, there are several advatanges like I need to pay lesser visa charges and I can show lesser money as proof of funds. Perhaps, I don't need to disturb my wife to take language test as well. But I don't know, is there any disadvantage if a married person apply without family members.

Appreciate your suggestion and comments on this topic. Thanks in advance.
If you are married, you CANNOT apply as a single applicant under ANY circumstances.
That would be misrepresentation and carries very very serious consequences.

You have to apply as a married person, and regardless whether your spouse and kid(s) are following you to Canada,
you have to have proof of funds for the whole family according to how many of you are there.

creekfish

Apr 23, 2015
Thanks for your reply journey21. Is that mentioned anywhere in the CIC website? Can you please send me the link?

lovesumi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think its not mentioned anywhere.
But you definitely have to mention that you are married and count your spouse in the dependent list.
You can choose to say that your spouse is not coming with you to Canada.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creekfish said:
Thanks for your reply journey21. Is that mentioned anywhere in the CIC website? Can you please send me the link?
Read for yourself the consequences of misrepresenting your situation. The application asks if you are married, and tells you to list spouse and children, whether or not they will accompany you to Canada. Later, you also must list parents and siblings, even though they are not applying with you.

If you are married, the only truthful answer to, "Are you married?" is 'Yes'.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
creekfish said:
If you correctly mention your marital status, i.e. married then application form will not be valid until you provide your spouse's details. Plus there is a separate application for mentioning details of all family members incl. spouse's side of family, you will NOT be able to sponsor visas to a family member in future if they're not part of your application now.

Basically, CIC will reject your application form / request you to submit new one if any of the required details are missing, and the spouse and children information is required for married people.

If you lie about your marital status and CIC find out about it then you'll be in life long immigration trouble.