+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sales tax refund from the US

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by ilonka, Mar 15, 2009.

  1. I am an American citizen, in the process of settling in Canada, through sponsorship by my daughter. Just finished exporting/importing my car (what a nightmare). Do you know if I can claim some of the sales tax I paid on it at the time of the purchase (4 yrs ago)?
  2. Hi


  3. no you cannot claim on tax when i moved from usa 3 years ago i tired but no luck..
  4. Hello ilonka,

    Can you be more specific why it was such a nightmare? I am moving to Canada as well and I want to make sure if it is worth to bring my car or sell it here before I move.

    Thank you.
  5. Really? How I wish that this will also happen to our country. By the way, thanks for the information. Hoping that this will not be the last post that I could be read written by you.

    filing back taxes

Share This Page