+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sales tax refund from the US

ilonka

Mar 13, 2009
I am an American citizen, in the process of settling in Canada, through sponsorship by my daughter. Just finished exporting/importing my car (what a nightmare). Do you know if I can claim some of the sales tax I paid on it at the time of the purchase (4 yrs ago)?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ilonka said:
I am an American citizen, in the process of settling in Canada, through sponsorship by my daughter. Just finished exporting/importing my car (what a nightmare). Do you know if I can claim some of the sales tax I paid on it at the time of the purchase (4 yrs ago)?
No

PMM

Traveler74

Star Member
Dec 22, 2007
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilonka said:
Hello ilonka,

Can you be more specific why it was such a nightmare? I am moving to Canada as well and I want to make sure if it is worth to bring my car or sell it here before I move.

Thank you.

Ladylou17

Jun 9, 2009
Really? How I wish that this will also happen to our country. By the way, thanks for the information. Hoping that this will not be the last post that I could be read written by you.