+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sale of vehicle as source of funds

moniben

Apr 8, 2017
Urgent advice needed.

I received my acceptance letter some time ago to attend USASK in the fall and I would like to take my 8 mth old baby and husband of 2 yrs with me. We own 2 motor vehicles which we recently sold to obtain the funds needed to study and stay in canada + I got scholarship. My question is ; if our cars sold last week and funds deposited to the accounts how soon can i apply for study and work permits. How do we go about proving to the visa officer that we sold our cars last minute to support my study and family while in canada?

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Urgent advice needed.

I received my acceptance letter some time ago to attend USASK in the fall and I would like to take my 8 mth old baby and husband of 2 yrs with me. We own 2 motor vehicles which we recently sold to obtain the funds needed to study and stay in canada + I got scholarship. My question is ; if our cars sold last week and funds deposited to the accounts how soon can i apply for study and work permits. How do we go about proving to the visa officer that we sold our cars last minute to support my study and family while in canada?
I know I am responding late and more than likely you already got the answer but it doesn't matter. If the officer asked where the money came from just tell them the source of funds came from the sale of our vehicles. Believe me, you are not the first to do that. You can also show papers that /invoice etc etc that the vehicles were sold. I saw you asked about question about child care. A friend of my sister is currently on a work permit and she benefits from a program, if you have not found out this info and still need the info, let me know and I will ask my sister the name. However they are in Toronto and it might be a little different with the province you are going.