+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Salary & Tax Slips

Mr.afzal

Dear All,

I have worked as a Sr. Administrative Officer in Pakistan from Jan, 2000 to Nov, 2004 in a national company. I was receiving my salary in cash and having no pay or tax slip though I have the Offer Letter and Work Experience Letter in original. Will it effect my migration application?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
They say the more paper-proof you have the better it is

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
actually We just denied a PNP applicant because He could not produce tax receipts to match his certificate of Emplyment,We suspect He paid somebody to make it for him

Trini_guy

Dec 2, 2008
Jalal1 said:
As long as you have an experience letter on company's letterhead, it wont be a problem.
The experience letter has to bear the company stamp/seal or else it won't be accepted.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
You have to prove that you was working in the company on such and such position and getting paid. Letter head is one proof but usually they particularly ask for the Tax or Pay stubs, in that case you need to get prepared or else it will weakened your case. They may not care much if you paid tax in your country, they are actually trying to verify your employment through these documents.

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
How many years of tax papers do you need to provide to CIC as proof of eveidence of employment?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Tessi said:
How many years of tax papers do you need to provide to CIC as proof of eveidence of employment?
It depends how many years you have claimed, so lets say you claimed more than 10 years of experience, so 10 or 4 years will give you same points in your application, therefore they will not ask you for 10 years of tax returns, they might only ask for 4 years at least to confirm your points you claimed in your application.

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
Thanks NewYorker, that helps!
One more question - Will I be required to provide the 4 yrs documentation via a letter or do I authomatically assume its 4yrs as you've said and just send them along as part of my proof?

Mr.afzal

Dear All,

Thanking you for the information. Of course I have the offer letter and experience certificate on company letter head and dully stamped. I have worked for a private company in Pakistan and I never paid tax neither my employer deduct tax from my salary, though I can get salary slips form the employer.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Tessi said:
Thanks NewYorker, that helps!
One more question - Will I be required to provide the 4 yrs documentation via a letter or do I authomatically assume its 4yrs as you've said and just send them along as part of my proof?
You need to wait until they ask you, they may or may not ask the tax return to confirm your employment and just take the letter into consideration. And if they ask, they will tell you how many years they want the tax returns documents for.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Tessi said:
NewYorker - ok cool. Gracias!
If you are in the US, they are your W2's not a letter. If you are in another country, you should provide whatever documents they have for taxes proof of taxes - this is only when they will ask you.

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
ok NewYorker, that should work. But am no longer in the US, can I still use my W2s if filing by 2009 in another country? I have many years of US tax papers to support my file.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Provide as much documentation as you can.

The better case you make, the more likely it is that you won't have to go for interview and waste another 6 months.