+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Salary by Cash

Zeeshan.R

Jun 7, 2016
Hi,

Can someone please confirm if it is OK if the employer is paying salary by cash? My employer currently pays this by cash but they do generate payslips every month. What if the salary is not credited in your account and you don't have evidence of taking the salary in account but do have payslips. Does that work?

I have offer letter, employment contract, job letter, payslips etc. But my employer pays salary by cash.

Please suggest if it is ok?

Regards

Zeeshan

Reactions: Emman O.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
It's fine if you have the pay slips. It's also even better if you have your tax return information.

Zeeshan.R

Jun 7, 2016
Hi,

I am not earning much so I don't fall into tax category. Even though its a full time job but my salary is low and the tax doesn't apply. I don't have to pay tax but what I can do is generate a tax return for zero or Nil tax due/paid. etc. Is that ok?

Regards

Zeeshan

Reactions: gailsc83

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Zeeshan.R said:
Hi,

Can someone please confirm if it is OK if the employer is paying salary by cash? My employer currently pays this by cash but they do generate payslips every month. What if the salary is not credited in your account and you don't have evidence of taking the salary in account but do have payslips. Does that work?

I have offer letter, employment contract, job letter, payslips etc. But my employer pays salary by cash.

Regards

Zeeshan
The salary should be less then taxable amount in your country or else income tax return is needed. If it is below tax slab you don't need anything except payslips

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Zeeshan.R said:
Hi,

I am not earning much so I don't fall into tax category. Even though its a full time job but my salary is low and the tax doesn't apply. I don't have to pay tax but what I can do is generate a tax return for zero or Nil tax due/paid. etc. Is that ok?

Regards

Zeeshan
I'm not sure what country you are in and what is normal, but if what you're saying is you can file a tax return declaring your salary, and what is returned is a "thank you - you don't owe us any tax" then yes, that's a good extra bit of proof of being paid.

However your employer is only required to state your salary on your reference letter. Payslips are not mandatory. If your employer just states on the letter "xxx had a salary of $xxx" then that's all that's needed.

Zeeshan.R

Jun 7, 2016
Oh that's great. I am from Pakistan and most of employers with private sole proprietorship don't pay salaries in account unless it is a big company. Yes my salary is below the tax slab and I don't have to pay any tax but still I can generate a tax return saying "no tax due/owed".

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Zeeshan

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
It's better to get a tax exemption certificate for the income tax authority of your country or have your employer mention how much you were paid during your employment. Some employers pay in cash to get rid of black money.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Zeeshan.R said:
Oh that's great. I am from Pakistan and most of employers with private sole proprietorship don't pay salaries in account unless it is a big company. Yes my salary is below the tax slab and I don't have to pay any tax but still I can generate a tax return saying "no tax due/owed".

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Zeeshan
Okay either generate tax return or mention it in LOE that the total amount earned during the year is not taxable.

Reactions: gailsc83

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Zeeshan.R said:

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Zeeshan
I totally understand you. My first job back home only paid cash (but my reference letter does mention my annual salary) but I am working now in the UK and it is straightforward with money paid to back account and payslips with tax deduction are also sent to me every month. To be honest, I am hoping that they wouldn't care too much about my first job and that the letter is sufficient and if they want they can verify my UK job. Because this is really how it works back home: salary in hand!!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi guys,

A bit of a diversion. My payslips show that my salary is paid into a different account to the one I with my funds for immigration (only declaring one account). Do you think submitting my payslips together with my reference letter may lead to questions being asked by the immigration officer?

If so, what's my best option?

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
TanakaM said:
Hi guys,

A bit of a diversion. My payslips show that my salary is paid into a different account to the one I with my funds for immigration (only declaring one account). Do you think submitting my payslips together with my reference letter may lead to questions being asked by the immigration officer?

If so, what's my best option?
If your reference letters has all the details, why need to submit a payslip?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
alxms10 said:
If your reference letters has all the details, why need to submit a payslip?
I thought the letter alone would not be sufficient as most people seem to add them.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
The only mandatory item is the letter providing it has all the details. Please read the CIC checklist you have been given to get the exact requirements, people on the forum upload lots.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Zeeshan.R said:
Hi,

Regards

Zeeshan
that's fine once the income is reported to CRA and you're paying taxes.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
kryt0n said:
The only mandatory item is the letter providing it has all the details. Please read the CIC checklist you have been given to get the exact requirements, people on the forum upload lots.
Thanks. Will do.