+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Salary by Cash

anshami

Sep 22, 2018
yes please
if someone who has received salary in cash could share what kind of documentation they submitted and if any kind of further enquiry or documentation was asked for... would be of great help...
i was paid in cash well within a no tax slab for a good 8 years...
i have a reference letter giving all necessary details (period kind of employment no of hours and monthly salary drawn
however it does not say was paid in cash...
my income tax returns in those years hence donot have any mention of the same
also i was not in the taxslab then

Tejasd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
H
yes please
if someone who has received salary in cash could share what kind of documentation they submitted and if any kind of further enquiry or documentation was asked for... would be of great help...
i have a reference letter giving all necessary details (period kind of employment no of hours and monthly salary drawn
Hello. I am in similar situation. WhY did you submit apart from the reference letter for salary paid in cash.

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
salary in Cash and below the taxable income slab

1) Appointment letter.
2) Increment letter.
3) My visiting card.
4) Reference letter as per the requirement.
5) Visiting card of my Boss.
6) Relieving letter.
7) Attendance cum salary register (substituting pay stubs).
8) Bank Statements.

Last edited:

Doc_2005

Apr 9, 2019
yes please

So did u apply for EE ??? How and what all you presented??

gadaakhil

Nov 15, 2018
Can anyone please describe if they were able to get PR without showing bank statements and tax returns since they were paid in cash? Thanks.

rs62

Jul 16, 2019
i am applying in express entry..i am showing one year continous experience but in that job i received salary in cash..i have no salary statements and no tax return document..den please guide me what document can i provide to cic about my salary details?

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
You may show as many documents from this list as possible.

1) Reference Letter from your Employer ( As per the requirement of CIC). Mandatory.

2) Offer and / Appointment letter.

3) Salary Increment Letter (if any)

4) Cash Vouchers of Salary. (As per the Local Law in force).

IRCC has the requirement of only Reference letter with all the details. But it's better to provide them as many documents as possible to help assess your file.

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi everyone!
I have a query if anyone could please help me in that.

I am having work experience of almost 6 years( from 2013-2019). The problem is that I got the salary of first 3 years(2013-2016) in cash (without any payslip) and later on in account for next 3 years (2016-2019) from the same institution.
Now my employer is ready to give me reference letter for only lateral 3 years (2016-2019).
1.should I know only previous 3 years in my reference letter than 6 years?
2.if I add total 6 years, do I need to explain it to CIC that I was getting paid in cash?
3.if I don't add early 3 years in my experience letter, will the gap create any problem?
Thanks in advance
☺

majidkhan59

Feb 11, 2020
Oh that's great. I am from Pakistan and most of employers with private sole proprietorship don't pay salaries in account unless it is a big company. Yes my salary is below the tax slab and I don't have to pay any tax but still I can generate a tax return saying "no tax due/owed".

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Zeeshan

Hi Zeeshan, I'm facing the same situation now. My Employer has provided me with the letter according to the IRCC format including 'paid in Cash' but for supporting documents I can only get a Salary certificate. I just wanted to know what did you provide for proof other than the Experience letter?

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Oh that's great. I am from Pakistan and most of employers with private sole proprietorship don't pay salaries in account unless it is a big company. Yes my salary is below the tax slab and I don't have to pay any tax but still I can generate a tax return saying "no tax due/owed".

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Zeeshan
Hey Zeeshan,
I know its long ago you have shown your experience for PR, i am from pakistan too and i want to know how did you show your cash salary and proof to IRCC, it would be great help

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
I'm not sure what country you are in and what is normal, but if what you're saying is you can file a tax return declaring your salary, and what is returned is a "thank you - you don't owe us any tax" then yes, that's a good extra bit of proof of being paid.

However your employer is only required to state your salary on your reference letter. Payslips are not mandatory. If your employer just states on the letter "xxx had a salary of $xxx" then that's all that's needed.
Hi there, sometimes cash salary is hard to prove to the cic officers. Any best methods you could think of to really honestly show that salary was paid in cash. I mean i have cash receipts from the employer and yes the letter states paid xyz in cash.

Reactions: anirudh1996

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi there, sometimes cash salary is hard to prove to the cic officers. Any best methods you could think of to really honestly show that salary was paid in cash. I mean i have cash receipts from the employer and yes the letter states paid xyz in cash.
You will need get IT returns as that's the strongest proof you can provide.. IT returns can be filed even if salary is paid in cash.

Reactions: rish6

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
You will need get IT returns as that's the strongest proof you can provide.. IT returns can be filed even if salary is paid in cash.
Okay got it. The biggest concern is the exp letter I believe. For internships with proepr work and paid salary, do you think the exp letter should as per the cic or the internships duties can be simply worded by the employer. I know that the qualifying work exp(1 year continuous) should be worded with proper duties.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
yes please
Hi Anshami - I have exactly same question. Your post was in 2019 so I am hoping you might have got the PR by now. Can you please provide the details about your experience and let me know how should I proceed in this situation.