Salary by Cash

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
TanakaM said:
Hi guys,

A bit of a diversion. My payslips show that my salary is paid into a different account to the one I with my funds for immigration (only declaring one account). Do you think submitting my payslips together with my reference letter may lead to questions being asked by the immigration officer?

If so, what's my best option?
Payslips are not mandatory but if you want to then also attach the statements of the bank where salary is deposited as extra document.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Everyone is forgetting the fact that they need to ensure that whatever the employer is paying in cash is reported to CRA by the employer and the employee because you will run into trouble later when filing for PR and whatever the case may be...and if CRA finds out you're making cash and not reporting it you will be face with paying back everything that was owed over the period.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
bestofluck said:
Payslips are not mandatory but if you want to then also attach the statements of the bank where salary is deposited as extra document.
I would rather stick to fully providing what is mandatory.

Thanks for the help.

sumitk222

Feb 4, 2017
Hello all,
I got ITA recently and my question is about my wife's (who is secondary applicant) work experience. My wife worked in a company where she got her salary in cash and no tax was filed. The salary was not large enough to fall into any tax bracket. I have shown her experience in the Express Entry profile even though it did not add to any additional points. Now Post ITA, I need to submit her employment records (Reference Letter + Salary slips). We have got Reference letter with all details along with monthly salary mentioned in it, but we do not have salary slips or any other document to prove her employment. The company is a registered company.
My question is will cic officials need any other documents or ask for tax filing (which was not done) Or since she is secondary applicant and doesn't add to CIC score, so it will do. I am thinking of 2 options here:
Option 1: Decline ITA and create another EE Profile.
Option 2: Go ahead with the same details and provide reference letter from employer.

Just to point out here the company is genuine along with work experience. It's just that how things work in India sometimes may be a hurdle. Many Thanks guys for your help so far!!

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
I would rather stick to fully providing what is mandatory.

Thanks for the help.
Hi TanakaM,
I'm in similar situation, when my salary deposit show different bank from the bank where my FD is. I don't have payslip, only bank statements showing salary deposit. So should I submit these statements or job reference letters only? Thank you

s.tamoor

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017/03/20
Nomination.....
ITA- 2017/08/02
AOR Received.
2017/03/21
IELTS Request
L-8, R-9, W-7.5, S-7
Med's Done....
2017/01/19
Hi,

Can someone please confirm if it is OK if the employer is paying salary by cash? My employer currently pays this by cash but they do generate payslips every month. What if the salary is not credited in your account and you don't have evidence of taking the salary in account but do have payslips. Does that work?

I have offer letter, employment contract, job letter, payslips etc. But my employer pays salary by cash.

Please suggest if it is ok?

Regards

Zeeshan

Hi Zeeshan

I am in a similar situation can you plz advise wat documents did u provide CIC as a proof of Employment?

Regards

urvashi123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-02-2018
AOR Received.
24-02-2018
Did anyone get PR here ? I am in same boat

Sama nath

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,

Can someone please confirm if it is OK if the employer is paying salary by cash? My employer currently pays this by cash but they do generate payslips every month. What if the salary is not credited in your account and you don't have evidence of taking the salary in account but do have payslips. Does that work?

I have offer letter, employment contract, job letter, payslips etc. But my employer pays salary by cash.

Regards

Zeeshan
Hi,
Do you apply for Permanent residency?
If yes, what happened ? I mean the cic didn’t matter with pay salary in cash?

Sama nath

Apr 6, 2018
Hi
Would you inform me if the employer is paying salary in cash, the cic doesn’t matter with this?
My employer currently pays this in cash but they do generate payslips every month. My salary is not credited in my account and i don’t have evidence of taking the salary inaccount but do have payslips. Does that work?i have T4 but he forgot to claim for it ontime( until last day of February). He did 2 days ago when I requested it to sending to cic. Also cic has requested to send them bank statement for last 6 months that shows the salary deposit on it
I have job offer letter from canDian employer,employment contract, jobletter, payslips etc. But my employer pays salary by cash.

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
I'm not sure what country you are in and what is normal, but if what you're saying is you can file a tax return declaring your salary, and what is returned is a "thank you - you don't owe us any tax" then yes, that's a good extra bit of proof of being paid.

However your employer is only required to state your salary on your reference letter. Payslips are not mandatory. If your employer just states on the letter "xxx had a salary of $xxx" then that's all that's needed.
Hello, my previous company said that they cannot provide roles and responsibilities, just the relieving letter. They mentioned the same content on a company letterhead. Couple of my managers from their company email said they cannot provide roles letter. In that case, can i use a letter written on a plain paper from a senior manager, who i did not report but oversaw my roles. I can attach his company id card and business card. Is that sufficient? Thank you!

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
The only mandatory item is the letter providing it has all the details. Please read the CIC checklist you have been given to get the exact requirements, people on the forum upload lots.
I am claiming my 3 years old work experience and so do not have any documents except Appointment letter & Relieving letter.
If I manage to get the reference letter from employer and submit it exactly with all the details mentioned on CIC website I don't need anything else?

Hk_setia

Oct 15, 2018
has anyone with receiving salary in cash here , has got a PR ?CAN YOU PLEASSE WRITE YOUR EXPERIENCE OR HURDLES THAT YOU FACED ?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi,

Regards

Zeeshan
Cash or bank, taxable or not taxable all is fine

pursuit

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
I totally understand you. My first job back home only paid cash (but my reference letter does mention my annual salary) but I am working now in the UK and it is straightforward with money paid to back account and payslips with tax deduction are also sent to me every month. To be honest, I am hoping that they wouldn't care too much about my first job and that the letter is sufficient and if they want they can verify my UK job. Because this is really how it works back home: salary in hand!!
Can you tell me what happens in your case?. You mentioned you were earning in cash in your first job
Was you POE were accepted.
What all document you provided?