+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rural Northern Immigration Pilot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think people need to see what kind of skills these cities are needing. The communities also will be looking for people that are interested in living there for the longterm and not leave for Toronto or other large cities as soon as they can.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Think people need to see what kind of skills these cities are needing. The communities also will be looking for people that are interested in living there for the longterm and not leave for Toronto or other large cities as soon as they can.
To be honest why would someone want to leave for Toronto? Higher prices to rent/buy house, loads of time spent commuting.

Smaller cities have everything nearby, you can get affordable housing etc.

Reactions: ibteshamahmed22

Sunday olaluwoye

Feb 9, 2020
You are welcome.

By the way I said provinces, but these are the communities that will accept invitations. And the good thing is that 3 of the said communities are located in Ontario province and are like 4-5 hours drive from major cities like Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal.

So, if you get bored you can have a weekend road trip to one of those cities :)

Brandon, MB is by the way the second largest city in the Manitoba province. So, I would not call those areas rural.

The worrying thing for me is crime levels which are high in some of the above communities.
[/QU
My thoughts exactly. Upon doing some research on the 11 provinces I have narrowed it down to:
  • Brandon, MB
  • Vernon, BC
  • Claresholm, AB
  • Altona, MB
  • Timmins, ON
  • Sault Ste. Marie, ON
But let's just wait what are the requirements. I just hope there would not be any NOC requirements, so that we can use our transferable skills to get a job there.

As for the crime levels, I always use this website to check in more details.
https://www.macleans.ca/canadas-most-dangerous-places-2019/

Sometimes, you need to check the detailed report.

For instance Greater Sudbury is ranked 44th as the most criminal city in Canada. However, if you check the detailed report you will note that it is due to Canadian average figures. The city has a population of 165,000 people and the following crimes happened there in a year:
  • homicide - 1
  • assault - 578
  • robbery - 84
  • breaking & entering - 945

So, you decide if the above figures are high or not.
I would love to know more about this community recommendation stuf..though someone has enlightened me but I just wish to get more fact.. thanks

Reactions: ibteshamahmed22

jjiang008

Apr 11, 2017
Hi, guys, I know this is an old post, but I just recently came across this immigration program and confused by one sentence, "Your experience must show that you can perform the duties of the job offered". Is that meaning the eligible job offer must be consistent with my past one-year experience? Can someone clarify it for me, please? Much appreciated.

jjiang008

Apr 11, 2017
Firstly you need to get a job from a designated employer in the community.

If your NOC is in demand then you have good chance.
Hi, my friend, I know this is an old post, but I just recently came across this immigration program and confused by one sentence, "Your experience must show that you can perform the duties of the job offered". Is that meaning the eligible job offer must be consistent with my past one-year experience? Can someone clarify it for me, please? Much appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, guys, I know this is an old post, but I just recently came across this immigration program and confused by one sentence, "Your experience must show that you can perform the duties of the job offered". Is that meaning the eligible job offer must be consistent with my past one-year experience? Can someone clarify it for me, please? Much appreciated.
Means that you have past experience in the field and can meet the job duties required.

jjiang008

Apr 11, 2017
Means that you have past experience in the field and can meet the job duties required.
Thanks for your reply.
I have a wide variety of different work experiences in the past 10 years, are all of them accountable for RNIP? Or have to be the experience that I have gained in the last three years?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply.
I have a wide variety of different work experiences in the past 10 years, are all of them accountable for RNIP? Or have to be the experience that I have gained in the last three years?
You have to look at the job description to see if there is a requirement for recent experience. The more recent your relevant experience the better in general. There are also specific requirements for the RNIP program.

jjiang008

Apr 11, 2017
You have to look at the job description to see if there is a requirement for recent experience. The more recent your relevant experience the better in general. There are also specific requirements for the RNIP program.
Thanks for the reply. It looks like the work experience that could help me secure a job offer doesn't have to be the one that I earned in the last three years, right? As long as the employers acknowledge it.

U3691kamaka

Aug 11, 2020
Hello everyone, please am new here. Just came across this thread. Please, am a nurse and wishes to migrate through RNIP. My IELTS result is L8,S8,W6.5,R6. I am confused how to go about it as I don't have money to pay agents who are charging so high. I have also forwarded my credentials to WES which is still under assessment. Please can anybody guide me through please? Thank you in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, please am new here. Just came across this thread. Please, am a nurse and wishes to migrate through RNIP. My IELTS result is L8,S8,W6.5,R6. I am confused how to go about it as I don't have money to pay agents who are charging so high. I have also forwarded my credentials to WES which is still under assessment. Please can anybody guide me through please? Thank you in advance
WES doesn’t assess nursing credentials as you have to be assessed through NNAS. The process takes about a year and involves exams & possibly further education. once certified through NNAS, you apply for provincial licensing. Until then you can’t work in Canada as a nurse.