+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rules regarding taking dependants on study visa

nadiafaisal2

Feb 23, 2012
hello
i ve done Masters in business education from punjab university,pakistan in 2005.after that i got married.now again i git a chance to continue my study.i have two questions:
1:i want to do masters in education of one year fronm queens university ontario canada and after that i want to do phd in education from there.i have two small kids.i want to take them and my husband with me.is it possible?
2:is it possible that my father can sponser me?he is doing a very good gov job in kuwait with high salary and very strong bank statement.also i have a plot worth 25 lacs on my name.should i show that plot too?
plz help me with these questions.my future study depends upon it.i always had good grades in my studies.70% in masters and 7.5 bands in ielts

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
You are good to go........

AKIF MOIN

Dec 12, 2011
Please describe the time period between 2005 to 2012.
Do u have any other gap?
MBA majors?

Master in education is different comparing ur MBA, Try to get admission in MBA again. U have good background and qualify for MBA.
U have to arrange bank statement at (one year tution fees*2)+3000 CAD$ living expense = Bank statement amount.
U have good tie concentrating on ur property.

yasirmajid

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Queen University is surely one of the very best options in Ontario (Canada). It seems you will be meeting Queens university admission criteria for MEd, though check if you are not too late. You must have applied by now!

You need TRV visa for your spouse and child, if they wish to travel with you while you stay on study permit.

Y

Indian01

Feb 28, 2012
Hello,

I am also looking for applying for MBA at Canadian university. I m married and have a kid. We have funds to show. However I have 1 question that since my husband and kid can stay with me on TRV, after how much time of my stay as Full-Time student, my husband can apply for work-permit. From what I see from the CIC website spouse can apply for work-permit
cic.gc.ca 'backslash' english 'backslash' study 'backslash' work-spouse.asp

Second question is related to the job, can he apply work-permit for any job?
Will there be any chances of rejection for his work-permit?
How much time it will take for my spouse's work-permit?
Will I need to pay school fees for my kid, as I will be on student-visa. My kid is 6 year old will be going to 1st Grade now?

If he can apply for work-permit then it will be easy for us to stay togather and manage, else it will be tough.

Looking forward your response.

Thanks.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indian01 said:
Hello,

I am also looking for applying for MBA at Canadian university. I m married and have a kid. We have funds to show. However I have 1 question that since my husband and kid can stay with me on TRV, after how much time of my stay as Full-Time student, my husband can apply for work-permit. From what I see from the CIC website spouse can apply for work-permit
cic.gc.ca 'backslash' english 'backslash' study 'backslash' work-spouse.asp

Second question is related to the job, can he apply work-permit for any job?
Will there be any chances of rejection for his work-permit?
How much time it will take for my spouse's work-permit?
Will I need to pay school fees for my kid, as I will be on student-visa. My kid is 6 year old will be going to 1st Grade now?

If he can apply for work-permit then it will be easy for us to stay togather and manage, else it will be tough.

Looking forward your response.

Thanks.
Hi,

1. Your spouse can apply for an 'Open Work Permit' on the very first day of landing. No job offer is required & it will remain valid upto the duration of your study permit.
2. For Closed or Full Work Permit (it's not same as an Open Work Permit), on your behalf your prospective employer will have to apply for a positive LMO from HRSDC. The employer has to advertise the position (must be NOC A, B or C) for the minimum 14 days. The employer must show/prove that there are no Canadian citizens/PR's available for the job. If approved for the positive LMO, apply for new work permit at CPC, Vegreville, Alberta.

Indian01

Feb 28, 2012
Thank you so much enfield for going through my post and replying to it.
May i ask few more questions please -
1) For Open Work permit for my spouse what are the chances that he will get it for sure? Is it 100% sure that they approve it? And how is the salary for people working with Open Work Permit, is it same as for citizens and PR holders? With Open work permit finding job is same as finding job with PR? My husband is an engineer and have 14 years of IT experience.

2) For Closed or Full Work Permit for me (full-time student) does IT job (Quality Assurance Engg) falls under NOC A, B or C category? 14 days is such a short duration and I m sure there will plenty of citizen's / PR available so basically it looks like I will never be able to get job while studying, will it be correct to say so?

3) Also about my kid, will he get benefits for education/ medical facility same as citizens or we will have to use paid services for that?

I am sorry to ask you so many questions, if you can please try to reply to theses. Thanks so much once again.

enfield said:
Hi,

1. Your spouse can apply for an 'Open Work Permit' on the very first day of landing. No job offer is required & it will remain valid upto the duration of your study permit.
2. For Closed or Full Work Permit (it's not same as an Open Work Permit), on your behalf your prospective employer will have to apply for a positive LMO from HRSDC. The employer has to advertise the position (must be NOC A, B or C) for the minimum 14 days. The employer must show/prove that there are no Canadian citizens/PR's available for the job. If approved for the positive LMO, apply for new work permit at CPC, Vegreville, Alberta.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indian01 said:
1) For Open Work permit for my spouse what are the chances that he will get it for sure? Is it 100% sure that they approve it? And how is the salary for people working with Open Work Permit, is it same as for citizens and PR holders? With Open work permit finding job is same as finding job with PR? My husband is an engineer and have 14 years of IT experience.

2) For Closed or Full Work Permit for me (full-time student) does IT job (Quality Assurance Engg) falls under NOC A, B or C category? 14 days is such a short duration and I m sure there will plenty of citizen's / PR available so basically it looks like I will never be able to get job while studying, will it be correct to say so?

3) Also about my kid, will he get benefits for education/ medical facility same as citizens or we will have to use paid services for that?
Hi,

1. Your spouse will get an OWP if,
-you are studying in a recognized school.
-hold a valid study permit.
2. Salary depend on skills/networking. You are atleast entitled for minimum wages, generally CAD 8 to 10/hour. The OWP holder is free to work anywhere and in any field.
3. Find out your NOC category, www.www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/OccupationIndex.aspx generally, it's not so easy to secure a positive LMO, still your chances are good (with 14 years of IT exp.)

faithworks

Oct 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Enfield,

Is it true that the spouse can only get an OWP only if their profession falls under Skill 0, A or B?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faithworks said:
Hey Enfield,

Is it true that the spouse can only get an OWP only if their profession falls under Skill 0, A or B?
Hi,

1. It's applicable ONLY if you apply for an OWP for spouse based on the PGWP or Work Permit.