+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RUINING OF LIVES

Ribha

Feb 14, 2018
Immigration to Canada has been a horror story for many skilled and talented people. Educated people with excellent backgrounds and expertise in their fields , with many years of work experiences are lured to come to Canada by showing her rosy pictures. These talented people who also have good bank balance are the best target for immigration as they bring their everything with them in hope that they will have even better future in a rosy country. However, as soon as they arrive here they come to know the reality of life here which is totally the opposite of what was shown or told to them in their original countries. Well, what to do now ? They have already spent huge amount of money in immigration process, so they still hope that after getting their citizenship they will start getting opportunities. For that they have to wait and live in Canada for at least 3 years to apply. By the way, it does not come for free either. They have to pay a few hundred dollars to apply and also pass a test. Hope starts again after getting the citizenship status. Struggle continues with this hope. Time passes. Many mental and physical diseases occur with frustration and constant discrimination and humiliations. Whatever money they brought from home had long consumed. Out of despair these talented, skilled people start accepting low grade jobs to support themselves and their families, even the kind of manual, menial and labour jobs that were done by servants in their homes in their original countries. They feel so much cheated and ashamed and useless and hopeless and guilty that they do not even speak the truth to their relatives back home. Most of them fall sick after going through this torture but kerp on 'surviving' still maintain their ethics. However, some of them who can not bear the burden of tortures and cheatings here either die naturally of diseases or commit suicide. So, my suggestion to all those skilled, wealthy , talented, educated, genuine people is that please do not waste your lives , education and money , especially your dignity in immigration to Canada. However, if you are uneducated or les s educated or a labourer or a peasant or very poor in your original country, then it may be ok for you to immigrate here. But even then it will not be that easy for you because you will still be sucked on the basis if your race. Whatever I have written here is 100% truth. And the truth is very bitter. Always remember" EVERYTHING THAT GLITTERS IS NOT NECESSARILY GOLD".

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Immigration to Canada has been a horror story for many skilled and talented people. Educated people with excellent backgrounds and expertise in their fields , with many years of work experiences are lured to come to Canada by showing her rosy pictures. These talented people who also have good bank balance are the best target for immigration as they bring their everything with them in hope that they will have even better future in a rosy country. However, as soon as they arrive here they come to know the reality of life here which is totally the opposite of what was shown or told to them in their original countries. Well, what to do now ? They have already spent huge amount of money in immigration process, so they still hope that after getting their citizenship they will start getting opportunities. For that they have to wait and live in Canada for at least 3 years to apply. By the way, it does not come for free either. They have to pay a few hundred dollars to apply and also pass a test. Hope starts again after getting the citizenship status. Struggle continues with this hope. Time passes. Many mental and physical diseases occur with frustration and constant discrimination and humiliations. Whatever money they brought from home had long consumed. Out of despair these talented, skilled people start accepting low grade jobs to support themselves and their families, even the kind of manual, menial and labour jobs that were done by servants in their homes in their original countries. They feel so much cheated and ashamed and useless and hopeless and guilty that they do not even speak the truth to their relatives back home. Most of them fall sick after going through this torture but kerp on 'surviving' still maintain their ethics. However, some of them who can not bear the burden of tortures and cheatings here either die naturally of diseases or commit suicide. So, my suggestion to all those skilled, wealthy , talented, educated, genuine people is that please do not waste your lives , education and money , especially your dignity in immigration to Canada. However, if you are uneducated or les s educated or a labourer or a peasant or very poor in your original country, then it may be ok for you to immigrate here. But even then it will not be that easy for you because you will still be sucked on the basis if your race. Whatever I have written here is 100% truth. And the truth is very bitter. Always remember" EVERYTHING THAT GLITTERS IS NOT NECESSARILY GOLD".
I'm very sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. There are many educated skilled individuals who are quite successful after immigrating to Canada. But of course not everyone is - and this is one of the risks associated with immigrating anywhere. This topic has been discussed here in the past quite a bit and people have shared their different experiences.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whatever money they brought from home had long consumed.
But if they buy real estates in Vancouver or Toronto, their current home prices should be be higher than they bought originally. It is a matter of not using money wisely and luck.

I used to have my servant to hand wash my car frequently in my other country, but since moved here, I let the car unclean for most of the time and didn't feel ashamed of not cleaning it.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Yes I have a lot of work experience and after I studied for 2 years I landed a good paying job here in Newfoundland right away. I think it falls between luck and persistence. As I got a job in my field for a good employer. But I understand it is different for everyone. Rather than being bitter about your experiences and making a generalization, don't give up hope and keep searching for something worthwhile.

Reactions: scylla

nitin15in

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
But if they buy real estates in Vancouver or Toronto, their current home prices should be be higher than they bought originally. It is a matter of not using money wisely and luck.

I used to have my servant to hand wash my car frequently in my other country, but since moved here, I let the car unclean for most of the time and didn't feel ashamed of not cleaning it.
o_O;):)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Long story short ~ if you are a General Manager* in your current country - don't immigrate. You'll NEVER** be able to achieve that status as an immigrant in Canada / or any other country for that matter.

However remember, first time immigrants will always have it difficult (in every country). Landing up in a new land, with new set of rules, new socio-economical setup and accommodating people of different mindset is a serious challenge to adapt. Especially if you're in the upper middle class (or above) bracket in your erstwhile country. Moreover age doesn't help either. But we time and again take that leap, why? B'coz for our children. It is they who'd thrive. Your future generations will thank you for taking this difficult step.

Immigration is NOT FOR "YOU". It is for your kids!

*or any similar employment status
**exceptions happen

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Long story short ~ if you are a General Manager* in your current country - don't immigrate. You'll NEVER** be able to achieve that status as an immigrant in Canada / or any other country for that matter.

However remember, first time immigrants will always have it difficult (in every country). Landing up in a new land, with new set of rules, new socio-economical setup and accommodating people of different mindset is a serious challenge to adapt. Especially if you're in the upper middle class (or above) bracket in your erstwhile country. Moreover age doesn't help either. But we time and again take that leap, why? B'coz for our children. It is they who'd thrive. Your future generations will thank you for taking this difficult step.

Immigration is NOT FOR "YOU". It is for your kids!

*or any similar employment status
**exceptions happen
Beg to differ(I may fall under your exceptions asterisk)- I'm a Manager with a Big 4 firm in India, and have gotten a similar role at the Big 4 branch in Canada by God's grace. I certainly leveraged a few Partners and attended over 6 levels of interviews (notwithstanding I had superior references from Global Leaders).

As a result, it may seem daunting at first and don't hesitate to leverage your network/resources to get that dream job in Canada- try scouting for those internal opportunities first followed by the aggressive job-hunting with other employers.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Beg to differ(I may fall under your exceptions asterisk)- I'm a Manager with a Big 4 firm in India, and have gotten a similar role at the Big 4 branch in Canada by God's grace. I certainly leveraged a few Partners and attended over 6 levels of interviews (notwithstanding I had superior references from Global Leaders).

As a result, it may seem daunting at first and don't hesitate to leverage your network/resources to get that dream job in Canada- try scouting for those internal opportunities first followed by the aggressive job-hunting with other employers.
Congrats! You're indeed exceptional.