Office - RROC (Rapid Response Operations Center) Ottawa

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi Guys,
If anyone with the file processing at RROC Ottawa office, please connect. Anyone has any idea why my file is processing at RROC instead any visa office.
Applications get sent there when the visa officer needs to liaise with the International Network. Program Managers at the RROC usually have better local knowledge (usually language related) and they help VOs verify required information.

"Given that some migration offices abroad may be affected by closures during the pandemic, the Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC) will provide support for the processing of online applications. All new applications will be processed in cooperation with the responsible migration office. Standard operating procedures have been established between each migration office and the RROC, taking into consideration office- and caseload-specific factors."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit.html

JayPatel27

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Applications get sent there when the visa officer needs to liaise with the International Network. Program Managers at the RROC usually have better local knowledge (usually language related) and they help VOs verify required information.

"Given that some migration offices abroad may be affected by closures during the pandemic, the Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC) will provide support for the processing of online applications. All new applications will be processed in cooperation with the responsible migration office. Standard operating procedures have been established between each migration office and the RROC, taking into consideration office- and caseload-specific factors."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit.html
I am Inland CEC. Though my wife is Nurse may be RROC process file fast for essential workers that's why I guess.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I am Inland CEC. Though my wife is Nurse may be RROC process file fast for essential workers that's why I guess.
You'd have to order GCMS notes to get a clearer picture as to why it was moved there. I'm simply explaining what the RROC is and what purpose it serves

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
From RROC, all pass and needs to finalize
AOR 17 Mar.
Can you please share your detailed timeline? Have you ever had background check status "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" ?

Thank you,

xinpin88

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Can you please share your detailed timeline? Have you ever had background check status "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" ?

Thank you,
Aor 17 Mar,
Medical 31 Mar,
Eligibility pass 27 Apr (in CIO)
transferred to RROC 3 MAY
Criminality and security 2 Jun
Now wait for decision...........

Background status never changes and it shows 'we are processing.......

imonmiway

May 15, 2021
My file was at RROC the last time I called IRCC, apparently it was transferred to local VO to finalize the application. Here is my timeline:
AOR February 26
March 31st Eligibility passes (called IRCC Apr 5th, did not ask about VO)
GU May 28th
Call IRCC June 7 (agent did not give much info - VO RROC)
Email for portal June 11 - VO Etobicoke
Now I’m waiting for my credentials for the portal. Hope it helps!

Lovevirk

Star Member
May 5, 2021
AOR March 21, 2021
MEP April 9, 2021
BIL done & updated on file April 12, 2021
Ghost Update on May 4, 2021
Called IRCC
Eligibility Passed
Info sharing Completed
BG check in process
Office - RROC (Rapid Response Operations Center) Ottawa
Did you got portal mail yet??
I am also stuck here for security from May 17.

Atomfun

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi Everyone, I called IRCC on Friday and found my VO is RROC - Ottawa

AOR - 23rd April,
MEP and BIL - May 14th
Eligibility - Passed

Background - Not started

Has anyone received portal email recently from this VO? please share timeline

Reactions: Bgt13

asd3212

Jun 5, 2021