+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ RISK INDICATORS ,,,,,,,,,,

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
All,

Do you guys know what exactly or who exactly is considered a "consultant".

if you are working in a software as an employee and your title is principal consultant, is that a consultant?

will that trigger you an RQ if you have traveled overseas on a business trip through the company?

How does CIC make this distinction?
if you proved that this is your job, with t4, ,,then not problum.thr problum for them who are consultants,who have there own company not doung job for samine,interms of self employed.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
dear_pnp said:
All,

Do you guys know what exactly or who exactly is considered a "consultant".

if you are working in a software as an employee and your title is principal consultant, is that a consultant?

will that trigger you an RQ if you have traveled overseas on a business trip through the company?

How does CIC make this distinction?

I recently worked for two different companies on daily basis/ hourly basis through two different staffing companies- One of the Staffing company issued me T4 as they paid me after deducting the taxes whereas other company paid the full and inform me I would be responsible for my taxes.

I am assuming - empolyee for first company and self employed working for the other.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasher said:
I recently worked for two different companies on daily basis/ hourly basis through two different staffing companies- One of the Staffing company issued me T4 as they paid me after deducting the taxes whereas other company paid the full and inform me I would be responsible for my taxes.

I am assuming - empolyee for first company and self employed working for the other.
Thanks, you and I know this and other things very well. My concern is does CIC know this?

That although your title says principal consultant or whatever consultant when you work as an employee, he or she is indeed an employee and not a consultant. that consultant which triggers the RQ

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI GUYS,
today i am giving the reason why rq issue even we do, just one
trevell,or trip outside canada,
the reason ,,, As we know cbsa has no system to do immigration stamps on passports when we do exit from any airport of canada.
For example if a person who is , ( self employed or unemployed,or a private counsaltant ) ,leaves country even 6 monthes before he is going to apply
citizenship ,when he comes back even after saveral weeks, cbsa puts stamps and keeps record officialy of a person who enters in the canada .
When the person applies a citizenship, then cic checks the information on the resedent saveralcalculator,they assume that, the applicant ( may be has just arrived in canada according to the cbsa record,and entry passport stamps,or mention soin resident calcluat
Found that the person may be lies that he may hav left the country sience he got hi pr card, or many monthes ago because they dont have, ,,,,,,,,THE EXIT RECORDs,,,,,so the reason is anybody who has left canada years ago, he can easily claim that,,,i just arrive in canada ,you cic guys can check my,,,cbsa record or check passport stamps record,therefore, to avoid these things, they ask eveything ,like bank account,,,,statements,job rec, tax rec,dr rec etc.............so, ,,,we have to decide what we need to do ...best of luck guys.

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just have a question for you guys. When did CIC start issuing these Residence Questionnaires (RQ)? Was it just a couple of years ago? I never knew about the RQ until now. Thanks for your reply.

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
What immigration needs is better entry and exit checks. Then they would not need RQ's.
ONECE,when i been to dubai in 2011, i saw when i enterd they puted me on system,and when i left, they putted me on system,and puted exit stamp aswell,and if durring the stay, in uae, if i have any outstandings, for uae govt,tfeffic fines,etc, and then exit immigration controll system. Then you are free to leave country,it happens evry time.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sask28 said:
I just have a question for you guys. When did CIC start issuing these Residence Questionnaires (RQ)? Was it just a couple of years ago? I never knew about the RQ until now. Thanks for your reply.
Burden of proof to demonstrate residence has always been on the applicant and RQs have always been issued in the past. However effective CIC Operational Bulletin OB-407 last year there was a rapid increase of RQ issuance from May 2012 especially at the pre-test level because this decision is initially made at Sidney using a risk/triage criteria. However you can get RQd at any point all the way to oath date. Also due to increased inventory levels resulting in lengthier processing times CIC has more clearly indicated a routine and non routine stream so RQ being in the latter has gained a higher profile.

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
Msafiri said:
Burden of proof to demonstrate residence has always been on the applicant and RQs have always been issued in the past. However effective CIC Operational Bulletin OB-407 last year there was a rapid increase of RQ issuance from May 2012 especially at the pre-test level because this decision is initially made at Sidney using a risk/triage criteria. However you can get RQd at any point all the way to oath date. Also due to increased inventory levels resulting in lengthier processing times CIC has more clearly indicated a routine and non routine stream so RQ being in the latter has gained a higher profile.
getting hard say by day.

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
» Hi , they were very organized, first we were staying in the waiting to the test room. we were on the line each one should give th ID. then they told us how to fill the test answer sheet which th we need to highlight the correct answer. then they gave us the and different questions for each one. after we finish the test w person there and leave the room and stay in the waiting area us again to come back to the test room for interviews. it was a between the desks, and they start calling the name of the per they will be happy if you have a copy of everything. hope this will help you to relax when you go

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
khakalove said:
» Hi , they were very organized, first we were staying in the waiting to the test room. we were on the line each one should give th ID. then they told us how to fill the test answer sheet which th we need to highlight the correct answer. then they gave us the and different questions for each one. after we finish the test w person there and leave the room and stay in the waiting area us again to come back to the test room for interviews. it was a between the desks, and they start calling the name of the per they will be happy if you have a copy of everything. hope this will help you to relax when you go
After reading this, I thought the interview will be held in a big open space with several desks, with several officers interviewing people at the same time but mine was held in a small room with the door closed. There were only two such rooms and they called us one by one. The interview lasted for a long time for the people who had been called before me, but mine was very short. The officer was very friendly and asked a few questions jokingly and lightheartedly.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
khakalove said:
In friendly mannars they,are cheking your, credability...........
My credibility was probably earned even before I came to the interview. She was though a little interested in whether I have ever traveled to the US --FYI I moved from the US--and when I said I haven't since I moved to Canada, I could see a satisfied look on her face. The officer didn't even bother to check my current passport and gave me a look of "I trust you."

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
I was given RQ twice. 1st time submitted citizenship application without 1095 days in Canada because of travels required by the job. received 1st RQ. then job was lost because cannot travel to the states anymore without a Canadian passport. accumulated 1095 days because no travel is required during unemployment period. withdraw the 1st application, submitted the second. waited 19 months for citizenship test, received RQ again at the test. submitted RQ 1 month later and waited several months until today. still haven't received anything from cic. my job nature with a lot of employers require travel to the US, but I cannot travel because I cannot obtain Canadian passport. hard to find a job within my profession with no travel to the states. luckily now I find one, but don't know what to do should I lose job again. without Canadian citizenship my employment opportunities in Canada was severely compromised. but now facing a bureaucratic wall just can't reasoning through. keep waiting and finger crossed