+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ issued by the judge after test

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tovaritch said:
Actually on GCMS file, under testing the status is hearing required. I've already asked them why and their answer was: because you failed the test! The CO at the interview told me I passed with 20.
If you fail the test, you're usually automatically rescheduled for a second attempt. So I am sure you passed and that wasn't the reason.

tovaritch

May 31, 2014
mrbravo said:
we are trying to find out why you were issues a RQ? it would be helpful if you could describe how your interview went with the CO. Did she have any concerns? did she ask you questions about your work? did she ask for an employment letter? providing those details might help us determine the reasons behind this RQ
My interview was very good, basic questions about studies, work, problem with police and also verification of IDs and passports.

tovaritch

May 31, 2014
farrous13 said:
If you fail the test, you're usually automatically rescheduled for a second attempt. So I am sure you passed and that wasn't the reason.
Yes is passed it with 20. Call centre agents are not well trained to answer all question.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tovaritch said:
My interview was very good, basic questions about studies, work, problem with police and also verification of IDs and passports.
Did the CIC agent say that they are satisfied with the application? Did the agent mention that you will receive the oath in 2 to 4 months?

tovaritch

May 31, 2014
farrous13 said:
Did the CIC agent say that they are satisfied with the application? Did the agent mention that you will receive the oath in 2 to 4 months?
Yes, if the judge approve in 2 to 4 month...

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tovaritch said:
Yes, if the judge approve in 2 to 4 month...
How would you rate yourself in spoken French or English?
Could you tell us where you're from (if you feel comfortable)?

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
I am so sorry,,,to tel you that you can be a simple victim of a racist CO. People from north Africa and middle east are very vulnerable to that kind of conduct due to their values and backgrounds....most of immigrant can be victims every were ,,,,but the most targeted group in these days are ( middle eastern and north African

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
one of my classmate and one of my friend both got RQ , one from Egypt the other one from Iran, one of them never leave the country since he came to Canada, always working or studying. I am reading this forum and I cant find an answer for him why he got RQ only ....

It is sad, just sad!

tovaritch

May 31, 2014
springtime said:
one of my classmate and one of my friend both got RQ , one from Egypt the other one from Iran, one of them never leave the country since he came to Canada, always working or studying. I am reading this forum and I cant find an answer for him why he got RQ only ....

It is sad, just sad!
Yes probably, I'm from ME so...

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
springtime said:

It is sad, just sad!
I don't believe that RQs are given based on race, colour or religion. Anyone from any country can get a RQ, that includes Americans. Just because two of your friends that happen to be from Egypt and Iran received RQs does not indicate racism.
My sister who is originally from the Middle East is still a PHD student and yet received her citizenship no problem. Another friend of hers declared that she has left Canada to pursue studies in her home country (Medicine in the Middle East) still received her citizenship. Just my opinion :)

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
farrous13 said:
I don't believe that RQs are given based on race, colour or religion. Anyone from any country can get a RQ, that includes Americans. Just because two of your friends that happen to be from Egypt and Iran received RQs does not indicate racism.
My sister who is originally from the Middle East is still a PHD student and yet received her citizenship no problem. Another friend of hers declared that she has left Canada to pursue studies in her home country (Medicine in the Middle East) still received her citizenship. Just my opinion :)
I really wish I am wrong!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montrosco said:
I am so sorry,,,to tel you that you can be a simple victim of a racist CO. People from north Africa and middle east are very vulnerable to that kind of conduct due to their values and backgrounds....most of immigrant can be victims every were ,,,,but the most targeted group in these days are ( middle eastern and north African
Federal Court case law shows a significant number of 'residence issues (read misrepresentation)' related Citizenship Applications have an ME background be it the applicant is from the region or is employed in the region. In contrast I haven't seen any FC decision (not that there may not be one) where racism was proven as the reason for rejection. RQ issuance is primarily based on a triage criteria - ethnicity, background etc isn't on the list...sorry! Maybe you can clarify what you mean by their ''values and backgrounds'' so we can better understand how a CO and the CJ would use this in their decision making.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tovaritch said:
Msafiri mine was CIT171 10/2013. Does this mean something?
1. CIT171 10/2013 requires documentary evidence covering only the 4 year qualifying period.

2. CIT171 09/2012 requires documentary evidence covering the time from 'arrival' - usually this is more than 4 years.

CIC seemed to have started issuing CIT 171 (10/2013) in November 2013 then withdrew it as RQd applicants in 2014 are still getting the CIT171 (09/2012) version. There was some discussion around the difference and the rational for this across several immigration forums.

My take which seemed to have some resonance is that the CIT171 (10/2013) version indicates/ supports a physical presence residence test review/approach by CIC/CJ. The CIT171 (09/2012) version would be helpful/supportive of a non physical presence residence test. This especially where the applicant applied right at the 1095 mark and it turned out there was an error in the day count or there was difficulty in proving the declared days (e.g. you are self employed). It was my opinion then and still now that refusing an application where CIT171 (10/2013) was used gives the applicant a chance at apeal before the FC since the FC can deem the appeal has merit on a point of law. Until the Citizenship Act is amended then both non physical presence and physical presence residence tests will continue to be used.

As a student you don't have to show up at school/ college/ university for a significant portion of the year. What was your actual total attendance number of days that could be proven? Further how do you prove attendance at your institution? Did you work during your vacation? Only full time work can close this line of inquiry off. You are best to obtain the records of movement from the countries you traveled to - they may make the difference at CJ hearing.