+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ documents

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Hey guys

Can I ask you please when you got the RQ... the documents they asked for them in the RQ, were they for the last 4 years only? or since arrival date until what date?

Also do you need your phone bills history??

I want to prepare them just in case. Please let me know and happy new year

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
4 year documents should belong to last 4 year from the date of application, no matter when you became permanent resident and no matter where you lived INSIDE Canada or OUTSIDE canada.

canadp

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if it is cell phone bill... does it help...?
not sure. I noted utility bills such as landline, internet, electric, cable, gas etc get more weightage since those are strongly tied to your residence due to physical connections. whereas online bills pertaining to cell phone, viop erc are questionable.

let me know. Thanks

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dodan said:
if it is cell phone bill... does it help...?
not sure. I noted utility bills such as landline, internet, electric, cable, gas etc get more weightage since those are strongly tied to your residence due to physical connections. whereas online bills pertaining to cell phone, viop erc are questionable.

let me know. Thanks
yes, it does. Send everything that you have.

citizen_jr

Jan 3, 2014
From what I understand, each RQ can be different. Mine, received Sept 2013, asked for documents covering the 4 year period prior to the application OR from arriving in Canada until the present date if specified in the question.
*Every* question then asked for documents covering the period from arrival in Canada to present. I called CIC and they suggested I send everything (8.5 years of docs) to be safe, but to put more focus on those 4 years.

If your case is straightforward, they probably only want proof that you met the residency requirements for the relevant 4 year period.
Saying that, they also said that they've never rejected someone for sending too much documentation! Sending the entire 8.5 year period worked for me, only took 2 months to receive a test date.

As for bills, I just sent a couple of bills for each address to at least show that I had received a service. Along with leases, lease renewals, rent receipts and banks statements showing rent and bill payments, I figured they wouldn't need any additional proof.

Good luck!

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Citirzen_jr can post us your time line.

I did submit my RQ last november and waiting for the reply. I did submit the same documents you mentioned.

Randy.

citizen_jr said:
From what I understand, each RQ can be different. Mine, received Sept 2013, asked for documents covering the 4 year period prior to the application OR from arriving in Canada until the present date if specified in the question.
*Every* question then asked for documents covering the period from arrival in Canada to present. I called CIC and they suggested I send everything (8.5 years of docs) to be safe, but to put more focus on those 4 years.

If your case is straightforward, they probably only want proof that you met the residency requirements for the relevant 4 year period.
Saying that, they also said that they've never rejected someone for sending too much documentation! Sending the entire 8.5 year period worked for me, only took 2 months to receive a test date.

As for bills, I just sent a couple of bills for each address to at least show that I had received a service. Along with leases, lease renewals, rent receipts and banks statements showing rent and bill payments, I figured they wouldn't need any additional proof.

Good luck!

citizen_jr

Jan 3, 2014
Nov 2012 - Application sent
Jan 2013 - In process
Sept 2013 - Received RQ
27 Oct 2013 Sent RQ
4 Nov 2013 - Sent RQ missing/late docs
18 Dec 2013 - Received invitation for test (test date is 13 Feb 2014).

I was amazed how quickly I received the test date after the RQ, maybe yours is in the post...

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizen_jr said:

Good luck!
I would only send documents covering periods that they asked for.
No point sending documents that went beyond that. It just makes it confusing, may piss off the office, too.