+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ after test

hasan777

Sep 25, 2014
Hi,

I need your help please. I had been asked to write the citizenship test on the 24th Sept. Later during the interview the officer informed me I had got 20/20 correct on the test but he was going to issue me an RQ. He told me the RQ should have been issued long time back but was missed and he was going to do it now. He did not go through my file or ask me any questions. He just gave me the form for RQ without any covering letter or any further information. I do not even know where to submit this RQ! Is this normal? has anyone experienced this on this forum. Any help or advise will be much appreciated.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasan777 said:
Hi,

I need your help please. I had been asked to write the citizenship test on the 24th Sept. Later during the interview the officer informed me I had got 20/20 correct on the test but he was going to issue me an RQ. He told me the RQ should have been issued long time back but was missed and he was going to do it now. He did not go through my file or ask me any questions. He just gave me the form for RQ without any covering letter or any further information. I do not even know where to submit this RQ! Is this normal? has anyone experienced this on this forum. Any help or advise will be much appreciated.
hi you will send it in your local office

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Type RQ in the search engine of the Citizenship forum. It will bring up multiple threads on the subject.

2. Search for poster 'eileenf' - her signature line has a resource url link which she has compiled based on extensive feedback across multiple forums from her own RQ process as well as other applicants RQ experiences plus contribution from forum participants.

3. If your RQ reason is due to a shortage of days to less than 1095 days of actual physical presence then if you now have the 1095 days it may be worth reconsidering re-applying.

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
hasan777 said:
Hi,

Hi,

I wish you the best in completing your RQ.

Can you please share the time line of your application , your local office .

Have you been unemployed during the last 4 years or Have you traveled frequently to USA ? I am asking all of that because I am expecting RQ :(

Thank you

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dot worry guys it seems that most of the applicants are getting RQ me for instance i never went outside Canada for the period of 3 years before applying for citizenship but i got RQ. everything is pretty much ok so far so dont be afraid in RQ. Im sure you had all the documents they need you to submit. Its just time consuming but at the end of the day everyone is getting their citizenship. :D ;D

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
hoping_canadian said:
dot worry guys it seems that most of the applicants are getting RQ me for instance i never went outside Canada for the period of 3 years before applying for citizenship but i got RQ. everything is pretty much ok so far so dont be afraid in RQ. Im sure you had all the documents they need you to submit. Its just time consuming but at the end of the day everyone is getting their citizenship. :D ;D
What was reason for your RQ? Can you share what they want you to submit.

hasan777

Sep 25, 2014
Thank you all for your help and supportive comments. I have submitted the RQ was not too much trouble because I had already submitted extensive record along with my original application. My local office is Kitchener. The only reason I can think of for RQ is my trip of about 9 months outside Canada for studies.

I was excited and hopeful when I got the test date that the chapter of citizenship will come to a close soon. No matter, I guess just have to wait now until I hear further from CIC. Does anyone know what the current timelines are for post test RQ?

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
hasan777 said:
Thank you all for your help and supportive comments. I have submitted the RQ was not too much trouble because I had already submitted extensive record along with my original application. My local office is Kitchener. The only reason I can think of for RQ is my trip of about 9 months outside Canada for studies.

I was excited and hopeful when I got the test date that the chapter of citizenship will come to a close soon. No matter, I guess just have to wait now until I hear further from CIC. Does anyone know what the current timelines are for post test RQ?
Timelines for post test RQ are very long. My wife got post test RQ 21 Oct 2013, and she is still waiting for any update.

cloee

Mar 5, 2013
don't lose hope hasan777, we got pos test RQ too. we received it during exam, in March 2013. We received notice for Oath on July 2014. Just try to submit all relevant documentation to prove your residency. Good Luck!