+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF to PPR timelines

singhma3

Feb 24, 2018
Just for more clarity, below is the message in RPRF email. Please help me understand if this means i can expect PPR soon or still there is time

"
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. The admissibility review is
currently in process; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee
(RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be
paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common
law partner, if applicable."

Lydz86

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
So no relationship between receipt of RPRF letter and early PPR?

I received my RPRF letter yesterday and been going through the threads to see if it matters
If you've passed all the stages it might be a good sign. I paid RPRF in January and 9 months later I'm still waiting for PPR because my eligibility is under review.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
If you've passed all the stages it might be a good sign. I paid RPRF in January and 9 months later I'm still waiting for PPR because my eligibility is under review.
Did you order gcms? Whats your nationality and country of residence?

Lydz86

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Did you order gcms? Whats your nationality and country of residence?
No I haven't ordered gcms because I couldn't get the bank letter in the format they wanted so assume that's why there's RR on my application. I'm Jamaican but I applied while living in Japan and moved back to Jamaica in April (perhaps another reason for the delay). Anyways, if there's an RR on your file no matter when you pay RPRF that doesn't guarantee PPR is around the corner. In the Nov AoR group there are many people who have paid and almost 1 year later nothing.

Reactions: consh1985

areebahmad

Jun 8, 2018
Guys, can someone please tell me if the RPRF is to be paid for kids as well?
I have a 5 year old. I have paid RPRF today for myself and my wife.
The RPRF request letter I received on 14th Nov just said "The RPRF must be paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common law partner, if applicable."
No mention of any kid so I assumed it is not to be paid for kids. Right assumption?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Has anyone ordered GCMS to understand when the RPRF is triggered? I believe for most it is after MEP, R10 passed, and eligibility is met (recommended pass). For others, it is after everything is approved; that's why, RPRF to PPR is so close to each other.

Reactions: allencc1989

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Has anyone ordered GCMS to understand when the RPRF is triggered? I believe for most it is after MEP, R10 passed, and eligibility is met (recommended pass). For others, it is after everything is approved; that's why, RPRF to PPR is so close to each other.
yes you are absolutely right either it is triggered very early in the process which seems to be the trend now or else it is triggered late just before issuing PPR. you have clearly categorized how its rolled out
im 3 months through my AOR - received my RPRF exactly 1 month from AOR MEP, R10 passed, and eligibility met. its been 2 months since RPRF is paid and file has not moved and there has been no update and no news in the application. its like one moment application was moving fast and next thing you know its a complete standstill.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
RPRF request is no guarantee you will get ppr soon, as you can see in my signature that i got RPRF request in oct 2018 and got ppr in oct 2019...

Last edited:
Reactions: sao_18

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
yes you are absolutely right either it is triggered very early in the process which seems to be the trend now or else it is triggered late just before issuing PPR. you have clearly categorized how its rolled out
im 3 months through my AOR - received my RPRF exactly 1 month from AOR MEP, R10 passed, and eligibility met. its been 2 months since RPRF is paid and file has not moved and there has been no update and no news in the application. its like one moment application was moving fast and next thing you know its a complete standstill.
Yeah, I believe that's the theory. But we need some sample GCMS to confirm.

We are on the same trend. It's been a month since RPRF.

RPRF request is no guarantee you will get ppr soon, as you can see in my signature that i got RPRF request in oct 2018 and got ppr in oct 2019...
Yes, it does not always mean one will receive PPR immediately, but at least it gives great indication on how well the file is processing.

Yours was exceptionally long wait because of the four months interview wait and then the security which I believe started in February.

I believe you ordered notes. Do you mind checking the status just before and after RPRF payment?

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
@nns14 When i checked just before i got the RPRF request eligibility and security had not started online biometrics received and medicals passed. the the eligibility met that was the day RPRF was triggered. and since then no movement so lets wait and hope for the best. Only thing the issue is that file is in CIO Sydney NS which is one of the slowest visa offices. so dont know whats going to happen.

Reactions: nns14

zaif1990

Nov 21, 2019
AOR was in June, 2019.
Medical was done and passed on July, 9th, 2019.
RPRF: November 13th, 2019
RPRF Paid: November 15th, 2019.

PPR: Waiting on that... (Finger Crossed).

I can see many people talking about IP1 & IP2. I saw nothing like that. My background status changed from Not applicable to in process when my medical was updated as passed on my interface.

any words?

Thanks

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
AOR was in June, 2019.
Medical was done and passed on July, 9th, 2019.
RPRF: November 13th, 2019
RPRF Paid: November 15th, 2019.

PPR: Waiting on that... (Finger Crossed).

I can see many people talking about IP1 & IP2. I saw nothing like that. My background status changed from Not applicable to in process when my medical was updated as passed on my interface.

any words?

Thanks
this RPRF is for PPR only because either it is triggered very early in the process or late just before ppr.
country of residence?