IELTS Request
26-12-2016
File Transfer...
26-12-2016
Med's Request
26-12-2016
Dear All,

I request you do kindly throw some light on my case. Here is the story

I had applied for Express enter last year with my passport validity more than a year. I got selected in the pool and completed my process within the given time. I also got a verification call in March. I thought everything was going smooth. In April, I got a mail to pay my RPRF fee. I paid the same on that day. As of April, my passport was valid for more than 8 month. Thinking that the stamping would happen within the next week, I did not proceed with getting a new passport. As the weeks passed, i realised that I would not be able to make it to the 6 month cutoff for passport validity. So I hurriedly applied and got a new passport. I have updated the same on CIC via there online form. So far I only got a auto reply stating that I will get a response in maximum of 10 days. But its been more that 25 days since I have been awaiting a response

Events in Order
Entered Pool: June 16, 2016
Invitation to Apply : Oct 19, 2016
Application Submission: Dec 27, 2016
Request for RPRF: April 20, 2017
Payment of RPRF: April 20, 2017
New Passport Submission via Form: May 5, 2017

Status in CIC
Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
(Its been so since I had submitted my profile in December 2016)

Review of medical results:
You passed the medical exam
(Got cleared in Jan 2017)

Review of additional documents:
The additional documents you provided have been uploaded
(This section came up when I paid my RPRF. The status has not changed since April 20)

Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes

Background check:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
(Since December to April it stated that no background check was needed. After paying RPRF, this has been the status)

Final decision:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I would really appreciate if anyone can throw any light on my case. How long would I have to wait? Will there be some more delays? Should I contact someone?

Last edited:

AHP

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Has anybody had a similar experience like the one above or can shed some light on what is happening ? Please reply

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
A
Dear All,

I request you do kindly throw some light on my case. Here is the story

I had applied for Express enter last year with my passport validity more than a year. I got selected in the pool and completed my process within the given time. I also got a verification call in March. I thought everything was going smooth. In April, I got a mail to pay my RPRF fee. I paid the same on that day. As of April, my passport was valid for more than 8 month. Thinking that the stamping would happen within the next week, I did not proceed with getting a new passport. As the weeks passed, i realised that I would not be able to make it to the 6 month cutoff for passport validity. So I hurriedly applied and got a new passport. I have updated the same on CIC via there online form. So far I only got a auto reply stating that I will get a response in maximum of 10 days. But its been more that 25 days since I have been awaiting a response

Events in Order
Entered Pool: June 16, 2016
Invitation to Apply : Oct 19, 2016
Application Submission: Dec 27, 2016
Request for RPRF: April 20, 2017
Payment of RPRF: April 20, 2017
New Passport Submission via Form: May 5, 2017

Status in CIC
Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

Review of medical results:
You passed the medical exam
(Got cleared in Jan 2017)

The additional documents you provided have been uploaded
(This section came up when I paid my RPRF. The status has not changed since April 20)

Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes

Background check:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
(Since December to April it stated that no background check was needed. After paying RPRF, this has been the status)

Final decision:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I would really appreciate if anyone can throw any light on my case. How long would I have to wait? Will there be some more delays? Should I contact someone?
As long as you have raised a CSE on your passport renewal you are fine.
CIC is currently taking a longer time to acknowledge CSE-average of 45 days as reported in other related threads.
During PPR-you will still need to ensure your passport is valid for at least 12 months anyway.

Reactions: rohalmighty

rohalmighty

Jun 1, 2017
India
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
Doc's Request.
26-12-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
IELTS Request
26-12-2016
File Transfer...
26-12-2016
Med's Request
26-12-2016
Will there be some kind of an intimation that my new passport has been updated?

A

As long as you have raised a CSE on your passport renewal you are fine.
CIC is currently taking a longer time to acknowledge CSE-average of 45 days as reported in other related threads.
During PPR-you will still need to ensure your passport is valid for at least 12 months anyway.

rohalmighty

Jun 1, 2017
India
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
Doc's Request.
26-12-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
IELTS Request
26-12-2016
File Transfer...
26-12-2016
Med's Request
26-12-2016
An update to the initial status

We do not need additional documents
Earlier: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded

Would this mean anything?