+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Royal roads MGM

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Can you put some light on IT jobs in victoria?
Can you share any such links where such comments are posted? I have heard canada west is not good but not RRU. That will be really helpful .
Can i not apply in BC pnp before waiting for my husband s internship on my IT noc tech pilot?
There you go:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/victoria.634443/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/royal-roads-university-mgm-master-of-global-management.243559/

These are some I could find now. There are many more. Read everything. You will come to know that there are not many part time jobs available there. Also, these agents need to complete the quota of admitting a particular no of students there. They get huge incentives from such institutes. Also, many employer are aware that people use global management courses as a means to get into their country and then try for pr. So, even they won't recruit you for having such degree. No job requires a global manager. This degree will take you nowhere.

There are job portals. If you are lucky, you can get an IT job. But, it may be far from the city. So, be prepared to travel.

Also, yes UCW had a bad reputation back when it shut one of its branches in the middle of the academic year and the students studying there had nowhere to go. But, now their management has changed. It still is a private college, but pgwp is provided. But, still not recommended by many senior members here.

Last edited:

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
My bachelor's with 59% and ielts with 6.5, no less than 6.
4 years of work ex in consulting industry

After lots of research I feel I should opt for pgdm course from good college.

Any suggestions?
Yes. That is the best choice. Select a course related to your previous studies.

Reactions: Binoysh

Nehapurohit

Oct 22, 2018
There you go:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/victoria.634443/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/royal-roads-university-mgm-master-of-global-management.243559/

These are some I could find now. There are many more. Read everything. You will come to know that there are not many part time jobs available there. Also, these agents need to complete the quota of admitting a particular no of students there. They get huge incentives from such institutes. Also, many employer are aware that people use global management courses as a means to get into their country and then try for pr. So, even they won't recruit you for having such degree. No job requires a global manager. This degree will take you nowhere.

There are job portals. If you are lucky, you can get an IT job. But, it may be far from the city. So, be prepared to travel.

Also, yes UCW had a bad reputation back when it shut one of its branches in the middle of the academic year and the students studying there had nowhere to go. But, now their management has changed. It still is a private college, but pgwp is provided. But, still not recommended by many senior members here.
Yup UCW i have read many bad reviews and shut down too ... i will
Live where the IT companies are ie 2-3 kms ... my husband wont work part time , we were intrststed in internship possibilities as he has to do as part of his course .and later on he is more intrsted in doing a business than job... but lets c how everything goes.
Good news that we can get pgwp.
Thanks a lot ☺☺

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Yup UCW i have read many bad reviews and shut down too ... i will
Yes. But, as I said earlier, that they underwent a change of management and they are working fine now.

Live where the IT companies are ie 2-3 kms ... my husband wont work part time , we were intrststed in internship possibilities as he has to do as part of his course .and later on he is more intrsted in doing a business than job... but lets c how everything goes.
Actually, people think it is better if we get a part time job as it is a bit difficult to survive without it. Considering your monthly expenses like rent (about $500-700), groceries (minimum $100, more considering that you are 2), etc. Your husband wants to return to your home country after the completion of his course and set up a business or there itself? I think it is really tough to start there. Most of the mgm passouts return to their home countries and get a better paid job with the foreign degree they earned.

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019
How did you get a consulting job with a top 4 with those marks (no offense)? Maybe you attended a very prestigious program. You will have to find a pgdm that will lead to career progression. Finding a course is not always clear if you currently working in a lucrative and good position.
How did you get a consulting job with a top 4 with those marks (no offense)? Maybe you attended a very prestigious program. You will have to find a pgdm that will lead to career progression. Finding a course is not always clear if you currently working in a lucrative and good position.

By working on skills,
Yes. That is the best choice. Select a course related to your previous studies.
Any extensive research regarding best college?
Planning for PGDM FINANCE

Please be honest and share your experience, if any.

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019
Any mba/masters without gmat?
With score like 59% in bachelor's and work experience of 4 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are asking for anfood program but your GPA and IELTS are not ver strong and you havd bo GMAT. Unfortunately better scores are required to get into many of these programs or at least a GMAT score.

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019

Please be honest and share your experience, if any.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
There are many in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta and Quebec (requires French knowledge for pr). Its better if you search on google as people will only tell you a handful of colleges and you might miss on a few good ones.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Well, I know two such universities who accepts students for MBA without GMAT/TOEFL scores.
1. University Canada West (private university, we talked about that in this thread itself)
2. Thompson Rivers University (Located in Kamloops, which is a very small city with scarcity of part time jobs, so you will have to shift to bigger scity after your degree)

Are you from commerce background or engineering? If your undergraduate degree was of 4 years, then more universities might consider you. But, if your course was of less than 4 years, then these are the options I can find out. Not saying they are the best out there, but your only options if you want to go for an MBA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well, I know two such universities who accepts students for MBA without GMAT/TOEFL scores.
1. University Canada West (private university, we talked about that in this thread itself)
2. Thompson Rivers University (Located in Kamloops, which is a very small city with scarcity of part time jobs, so you will have to shift to bigger scity after your degree)

Are you from commerce background or engineering? If your undergraduate degree was of 4 years, then more universities might consider you. But, if your course was of less than 4 years, then these are the options I can find out. Not saying they are the best out there, but your only options if you want to go for an MBA.
Wouldn’t recommend either program.

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019

Thanks a lot

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019
Any experienced review highly appreciative

1) Sault College
a. Business Management
b. Global Business Management

2) Niagara College
a. International Business Management

3) Lambton College
a. Business Management-International Business (Sarnia/Mississauga Campus)
b. Business Management (Toronto / Sarnia Campus)

3) Northern College At Pures-Toronto

4) George Brown College

Nehapurohit

Oct 22, 2018
Yes. But, as I said earlier, that they underwent a change of management and they are working fine now.

Actually, people think it is better if we get a part time job as it is a bit difficult to survive without it. Considering your monthly expenses like rent (about $500-700), groceries (minimum $100, more considering that you are 2), etc. Your husband wants to return to your home country after the completion of his course and set up a business or there itself? I think it is really tough to start there. Most of the mgm passouts return to their home countries and get a better paid job with the foreign degree they earned.
How much will 1 bhk cost in victoria? Can we get in 700$?if yes which area?
He is in automobile sector ... and would like to work in same sector after mgm... but all depends what job he gets (10 years experience) and business not straight away ... for sometime he ll do job. No plan to return as of now if we get a pr through my tech pilot program .

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019
How much will 1 bhk cost in victoria? Can we get in 700$?if yes which area?
He is in automobile sector ... and would like to work in same sector after mgm... but all depends what job he gets (10 years experience) and business not straight away ... for sometime he ll do job. No plan to return as of now if we get a pr through my tech pilot program .

RRU is not a good option. I've asked 10-12 former students and existing people over there.
Do not go for RRU