+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Royal roads MGM

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019
Hello everyone, I am planning for MGM course for May 2020, can someone please write about respect of this course in job market?
Is part time job available there? (Not labour)
If my course is of 18 months, how long can I stay post education?

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
What is your background?

18 months course consists of 12 months academics and 6 months of internship (which you will have to find on your own), which will enable you to get 3 years stayback.

Part time jobs are there but not plenty.

MGM as a course has no recognition whatsoever. People who got jobs after completing this course, it's because of their previous experience. Also, many employers in different provinces are not aware of RRU, nor is it a brand. So, you will be limited to work only in Victoria and nearby. Also, these employers know well that students use this course as a mean to enter Canada and obtain pr later, so even they will not hire you unless you have good skills and prior experience.

This is the harsh truth. If you wanted some good things like this course has a lot of value, it will help you gain employment quickly then you might be in for a heartbreak. Anyone telling you things opposite to what is mentioned above is either a representative or an agent who get good amount of $$$$ for referring students to their institute.

Do proper research before spending your hard earned money. All the best!

Reactions: longvh and canuck78

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019
What is your background?

18 months course consists of 12 months academics and 6 months of internship (which you will have to find on your own), which will enable you to get 3 years stayback.

MGM as a course has no recognition whatsoever. People who got jobs after completing this course, it's because of their previous experience. Also, many employers in different provinces are not aware of RRU, nor is it a brand. So, you will be limited to work only in Victoria and nearby. Also, these employers know well that students use this course as a mean to enter Canada and obtain pr later, so even they will not hire you unless you have good skills and prior experience.

This is the harsh truth. If you wanted some good things like this course has a lot of value, it will help you gain employment quickly then you might be in for a heartbreak. Anyone telling you things opposite to what is mentioned above is either a representative or an agent who get good amount of $$$$ for referring students to their institute.

Thanks for prompt response, I've 4 year of work experience in consulting industry (big4)
Planning to purse pgdm instead of rru mgm course.

psana_18

Sep 6, 2019
Hi!! Actually you will have to do an in-depth research to decide your course based on your prior experience, interest, financial planning, national/international validity of the course you chose so that it suffice all your purpose. The gentleman who just responded to your thread is correct in a way and is rightly advising you to do great deal of research.. because money spent on education can turn out to be investment when done wisely.
You will have to look at all the factors such as
  1. Which Program and University? - look for education portals for info
  2. Eligibility criteria- university websites
  3. Time and process of application (varies across Universities)- university websites
  4. Fees as an international student- university websites
  5. Degree Equivalence to Canadian university- World Education Services (WES) has a tool free of cost to just (check Link1 given below) In case you have to get your educational credential evaluated for pursuing your pg study, then you may have to go for ICAP (Check link 2 given below) if the university asks for it.
  6. IELTS Academic Score

Please see if this helps. Sharing few links below. You may have a look-
Courses-

WES- Link1. https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/
Link2. https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/wes-international-credential-advantage-package/

IELTS Academics- https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/take-ielts/study-work-abroad/canada

P.S. - Please don't get bogged down with this detailed research.. These are just few links.. please take time out and do your own research because you understand your need, interest and purpose the best. Only suggestion is please look for a reputed institution because it will strengthen your credentials and give long term results.

All the Best!!

Last edited:
Reactions: longvh and Binoysh

Nehapurohit

Oct 22, 2018
What is your background?

Is it very difficult to get a internship and job after doing this course? My husband is planning for this course and have 10 years of experience in marketing with good automobile companies in india.
We are mainly looking for PR and would be glad even if he gets a job in MArketing itself after doing the course .
Does this course have no value at all?
We would like to settle in victoria if this course fetches a decent job .
I work in IT as a developer , do you have any idea about jobs in IT in victoria?

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Is it very difficult to get a internship and job after doing this course? My husband is planning for this course and have 10 years of experience in marketing with good automobile companies in india.
We are mainly looking for PR and would be glad even if he gets a job in MArketing itself after doing the course .
Does this course have no value at all?
We would like to settle in victoria if this course fetches a decent job .
I work in IT as a developer , do you have any idea about jobs in IT in victoria?
If you think that this degree will fetch you any job, then you will be in for a disappointment.
This is not India, where people complete their MBA's and engineering and get placed. You need to have contacts who can refer you to companies. Also, not many recruiters know about RRU. Most of the alumni who secured a job, got so because of their past experience. This degree didn't help them in securing it. You will have to find the internship (which is a part of the course) and job yourself. If you are not able to get it, then you lose the chance of PR. There are many reviews about RRU on this forum. Please read them thoroughly. One person even mentioned that they extort by failing students on purpose. It is your hard earned money afterall, so your choice. But, do proper research before landing in Canada.

Reactions: longvh and Binoysh

Nehapurohit

Oct 22, 2018
If you think that this degree will fetch you any job, then you will be in for a disappointment.
This is not India, where people complete their MBA's and engineering and get placed. You need to have contacts who can refer you to companies. Also, not many recruiters know about RRU. Most of the alumni who secured a job, got so because of their past experience. This degree didn't help them in securing it. You will have to find the internship (which is a part of the course) and job yourself. If you are not able to get it, then you lose the chance of PR. There are many reviews about RRU on this forum. Please read them thoroughly. One person even mentioned that they extort by failing students on purpose. It is your hard earned money afterall, so your choice. But, do proper research before landing in Canada.

Can you put some light on IT jobs in victoria?
Can you share any such links where such comments are posted? I have heard canada west is not good but not RRU. That will be really helpful .
Can i not apply in BC pnp before waiting for my husband s internship on my IT noc tech pilot?

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019
What are your academics and ielts?
My bachelor's with 59% and ielts with 6.5, no less than 6.
4 years of work ex in consulting industry

After lots of research I feel I should opt for pgdm course from good college.

Any suggestions?

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019
Hi!! Actually you will have to do an in-depth research to decide your course based on your prior experience, interest, financial planning, national/international validity of the course you chose so that it suffice all your purpose. The gentleman who just responded to your thread is correct in a way and is rightly advising you to do great deal of research.. because money spent on education can turn out to be investment when done wisely.
You will have to look at all the factors such as
  1. Which Program and University? - look for education portals for info
  2. Eligibility criteria- university websites
  3. Time and process of application (varies across Universities)- university websites
  4. Fees as an international student- university websites
  5. Degree Equivalence to Canadian university- World Education Services (WES) has a tool free of cost to just (check Link1 given below) In case you have to get your educational credential evaluated for pursuing your pg study, then you may have to go for ICAP (Check link 2 given below) if the university asks for it.
  6. IELTS Academic Score

Please see if this helps. Sharing few links below. You may have a look-
Courses-

WES- Link1. https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/
Link2. https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/wes-international-credential-advantage-package/

IELTS Academics- https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/take-ielts/study-work-abroad/canada

P.S. - Please don't get bogged down with this detailed research.. These are just few links.. please take time out and do your own research because you understand your need, interest and purpose the best. Only suggestion is please look for a reputed institution because it will strengthen your credentials and give long term results.

All the Best!!
Really appreciate your time and efforts.
I am still reading and trying to evaluate the best I can.

Thanks a lot.

Reactions: psana_18

Nehapurohit

Oct 22, 2018

Any suggestions?

Isnt univ has more value than college?

And do colleges accept gap in studies? With <60%?

My husband also got <60% but ielts score is 7.5 no less than 7 .. he got visa already .
I am in IT so thinking of trying BC pnp tech pilot program ... if you have idea about it , kindly reply . Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Any suggestions?
How did you get a consulting job with a top 4 with those marks (no offense)? Maybe you attended a very prestigious program. You will have to find a pgdm that will lead to career progression. Finding a course is not always clear if you currently working in a lucrative and good position.

Reactions: Binoysh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Isnt univ has more value than college?

And do colleges accept gap in studies? With <60%?

My husband also got <60% but ielts score is 7.5 no less than 7 .. he got visa already .
I am in IT so thinking of trying BC pnp tech pilot program ... if you have idea about it , kindly reply . Thanks
Good universities are. Good program in a good College is better than a bad university.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can you put some light on IT jobs in victoria?
Can you share any such links where such comments are posted? I have heard canada west is not good but not RRU. That will be really helpful .
Can i not apply in BC pnp before waiting for my husband s internship on my IT noc tech pilot?
Would avoid Canada west, RRU, FDU and VIU.

Reactions: Binoysh

Nehapurohit

Oct 22, 2018
Would avoid Canada west, RRU, FDU and VIU.
Ur right. But good universities dont accept you at <60% and without gmat /gre.
I still believe university will be a better choice if looking for PR , yes ofcourse its little difficult to find job from a b grade univ , but bttr chances would it be to get pgwp than college, but especially when you dont have money problm.

We are more looking for IT related guidance , but may be its wrong post to ask for . Thanks for your suggestions ☺☺