Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
commonlawsponsor said:
Earlier today we got an email from Rome saying our visa has been finalized and has been mailed to us at the following address....

I don't know if this is normal or because with the copy of his passport I included a letter with our address because I had only updated our address online a week or so before the PPR so I just wanted to make sure they had our updated address on file.

So it took them 2 weeks from receiving the copy of the passport to issue the visa.
Congrats CLS! Finally got the formal approval to plan your new life in Canada!

Hubby has been here 1 month and is adjusting well. Had to update a few household items (SO much pasta in the cupboard and a king size bed) and the Government funded ESL classes are AWESOME.

If anyone wants info on this program let me know. I've become an expert. He gets a free bus pass and classes from 9-3 in a local high school :)

His english is still slow - he speaks it well but understands little.

Other than that, life is pretty normal even though we never lived together before.

Looking forward to reading your updates :)

Flods

Sep 21, 2014
Re: ROME OFFICE for a permanent visa to Canada

Hello,

I have just registered and I would like to have some basic information on how to apply for a visa to Canada.
I am an albanian citizen but I live in Italy since 2001, so now there are 13 years. I have a permanent residence card in Italy and I am candidate to have an italian passport.
I don't know what is the best way to apply for permanent visa to Canada. It would be easier with the Canadian Lottery Program from Albania or with a normal application from Italy?
I know there is an online form but reading all these forums it looks it's a bit complicated to fill it in the right way to have the visa.
I work in the art events organizations and at the moment I don't have a job here. So I am thinking to move to Canada to work and live there as a permanent resident. Is there a way to see if with these requirements there is any chance to get the Visa?
What are the best requirements to be a perfect candidate to have the Visa and how it works the process once in Canada, to find a job.
I would really appreciate some practical tips from people who have experience with all these bureaucracies.
Thanks in advance.
Flods.

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
orchidea said:
@ cls...Do u think it will be a good idea to ask them how long they are going to hold my pass? :-\ Also where should i send my email? they have sent me email from different addresses for each communication .
I don't know. Personally, I would try not to bother them unless it is an emergency, etc. Also, I'm sure it takes them awhile to answer emails and by then they might be mailing your passport back to you. I would just wait, you are close to the end.

@ belle - are there government funded French classes as well? Part-time?

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
commonlawsponsor said:
I don't know. Personally, I would try not to bother them unless it is an emergency, etc. Also, I'm sure it takes them awhile to answer emails and by then they might be mailing your passport back to you. I would just wait, you are close to the end.

@ belle - are there government funded French classes as well? Part-time?
There are but they are difficult to find outside of Quebec. Check out settlement . Org and check the city where you will be living to see if they offer them.

MarVan

Sep 7, 2014
Rome
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
08-04-2014
Hi guys! This morning I checked my ECAS status and under the status of the permanent residence application status it says in process... :) and it says that they started processing my application on 17th sep. What does it exactly mean? As I understood it generally takes longer...

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
Rome has really picked up the pace...

Based on the spreadsheet, you should be getting a passport request in about a month's time. And you most likely won't have to go for an interview.

So I guess it means you should start applying for jobs in Canada!

MarVan

Sep 7, 2014
Rome
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
08-04-2014
commonlawsponsor said:
Rome has really picked up the pace...

Based on the spreadsheet, you should be getting a passport request in about a month's time. And you most likely won't have to go for an interview.

So I guess it means you should start applying for jobs in Canada!
I'm really surprised...I didn't expect that fast! Maybe because I'm right from Rome and it's faster...Who knows! I already asked ab that on this forum but I would like to know also ur experience...what's the death line to land in canada after receiving ur passport with the visa?

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
I don't think it has anything to do with you living in Rome. If I was in your shoes, I would be telling myself it is because I put together a quality, easy to understand application and give myself a pat on the back. :)

Chances are your deadline to land in Canada will be 1 year from the date of your medical exam. That is what ours is, and most peoples.

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
Re: ROME OFFICE for a permanent visa to Canada

Flods said:
Hello,

I have just registered and I would like to have some basic information on how to apply for a visa to Canada.
I am an albanian citizen but I live in Italy since 2001, so now there are 13 years. I have a permanent residence card in Italy and I am candidate to have an italian passport.
I don't know what is the best way to apply for permanent visa to Canada. It would be easier with the Canadian Lottery Program from Albania or with a normal application from Italy?
I know there is an online form but reading all these forums it looks it's a bit complicated to fill it in the right way to have the visa.
I work in the art events organizations and at the moment I don't have a job here. So I am thinking to move to Canada to work and live there as a permanent resident. Is there a way to see if with these requirements there is any chance to get the Visa?
What are the best requirements to be a perfect candidate to have the Visa and how it works the process once in Canada, to find a job.
I would really appreciate some practical tips from people who have experience with all these bureaucracies.
Thanks in advance.
Flods.
Hi Flods,

You cannot "decide" to ask for Permanent Resident in Canada. You can request it if you are married or in a common-law relationship with a Canadian.

This particular group - Family Sponsorship, is for those who are coming to Canada to be with a spouse or family member.

What you are looking for is Work Visa. Usually you can get a 1 year work visa for Canada but that doesn't put you on the track for permanent residence. Like in Italy, it will take many years to get your permanent residence and then apply for citizenship and wait for your passport. Work visas are also more difficult to renew in Canada.

I recommend you go to the Federal Skilled Worker program to see if you qualify. You can also try the Albanian lottery system as they will do most of the paperwork for you.

Good luck!

MarVan

Sep 7, 2014
Rome
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
08-04-2014
commonlawsponsor said:
I don't think it has anything to do with you living in Rome. If I was in your shoes, I would be telling myself it is because I put together a quality, easy to understand application and give myself a pat on the back. :)

Chance are your deadline to land in Canada will be 1 year from the date of your medical exam. That is what ours is, and most peoples.
Thanks! I'll let update my application status as soon as I'll get some news!

And one more question...once you land in canada with the visa, and you start requesting all the documents, is it allowed to continue to do back and forth with Italy for a while?

orchidea

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
File Transfer...
15-05-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2014
LANDED..........
22-10-2014
Today i received this email from rome office.Is it strange after asking for passport they are requesting other documents? Do you think i need to write them an email to clarify that they said they are going to issue the visa in an other email? and now they are requesting for documents like nothing has happened? For sure i will provide the requested document. i m so sad,it seems like they have emailed the wrong person.

Dear Sir/Madam,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

> Police Certificate: provide an original Albanian police clearance certificate in maiden name.

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
MarVan said:
Thanks! I'll let update my application status as soon as I'll get some news!

And one more question...once you land in canada with the visa, and you start requesting all the documents, is it allowed to continue to do back and forth with Italy for a while?
What documents do you mean? For example, you can get your SIN number right away (and without any problems as far as I know - even if you travel back to Italy). However, to qualify for OHIP, you must LIVE there for 3 months. So I wouldn't land, start the clock for OHIP, go back to Italy for an extended period of time, come back and then expect your OHIP to be covered.

You also need to wait to see if you CoRP has condition 51. That says you need to live with your spouse for 2 years after landing. You can travel for work and for personal reasons for short periods of time, but you can't LIVE in Italy. No one knows how condition 51 will be enforced though. So it may not be an issue. It depends on how much you will be going back and forth for, what the reasons are etc.

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
orchidea said:
Today i received this email from rome office.Is it strange after asking for passport they are requesting other documents? Do you think i need to write them an email to clarify that they said they are going to issue the visa in an other email? and now they are requesting for documents like nothing has happened? For sure i will provide the requested document. i m so sad,it seems like they have emailed the wrong person.

Dear Sir/Madam,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

> Police Certificate: provide an original Albanian police clearance certificate in maiden name.
Does your passport have your maiden name? What name was on the original police certificate?

orchidea

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
File Transfer...
15-05-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2014
LANDED..........
22-10-2014
commonlawsponsor said:
Does your passport have your maiden name? What name was on the original police certificate?
No it has only the family name.In the original police certifcate was only the family name bcs here in albania once you change your surname no one gives you documents with your maiden name,that's why. It is strange ,why they requested this now after PPR and RPRF payment and after saying we will issue the vissa? Should i write to them or just try to provide the document and sent it as soon as possible?

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
Hmmm that is strange. I would email them, tell them why you are confused but also say that you are in the process of obtaining a new police certificate and will send it as soon as you receive it.