+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rome, Italy Office

MihailG

Feb 16, 2018
Visa Office......
Rome Italy
to whom it may concern
We have couriered our passports for the permanent residence visas as requested of us by immigration for all 4 family member. This morning we received our passports with the counterfoils attached for 3 of the 4 family members. My father did not receive a visa. His passport was attached with the rest, he is part of the family and we included him in the case from the beginning (security checks, medical checks and criminal checks). Whats the next step we need to do so my father can get a visa and he may enter canada with us.

On the copr we received on my mother page. It said “have you any dependeds other then the ones listen below.” My fathers name is listed but it says that he is not accompanying....why is that ? Does anyone know

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
to whom it may concern
We have couriered our passports for the permanent residence visas as requested of us by immigration for all 4 family member. This morning we received our passports with the counterfoils attached for 3 of the 4 family members. My father did not receive a visa. His passport was attached with the rest, he is part of the family and we included him in the case from the beginning (security checks, medical checks and criminal checks). Whats the next step we need to do so my father can get a visa and he may enter canada with us.

On the copr we received on my mother page. It said “have you any dependeds other then the ones listen below.” My fathers name is listed but it says that he is not accompanying....why is that ? Does anyone know
Have you checked with the VO?

Lmason

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hello,
My husband applied for PR in April 2017, he is applying outside of Canada from Albania. His Visa Office is Rome. The final decision on his application was made in May 2018. He was then ultimately refused. We appealed the decision two weeks later and have had two separate hearings at IRCC in Toronto since, at our most recent hearing on September 30th we won the appeal. Since then I received the judges written decision in the mail and the application was returned to Rome to be reprocessed. How long does it usually take for correspondence from the Visa Office? I expected an email to confirm that they have received the application by now. I was told it would be 4-6 months before they will issue a visa (following criminal submissions and medical). I check our Client ID online and nothing has been updated since the decision made in May 2018. Since they haven’t resumed processing the application I worry that the wait will be longer than 4-6 months and we have already waited 2 years and 7 months. Thank you any knowledgeable advice would be appreciated!

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hello
My husband applied for PR in April 2017, he is applying outside of Canada from Albania. His Visa Office is Rome. The final decision on his application was made in May 2018. He was then ultimately refused. We appealed the decision two weeks later and have had two separate hearings at IRCC in Toronto since, at our most recent hearing on September 30th we won the appeal. Since then I received the judges written decision in the mail and the application was returned to Rome to be reprocessed. How long does it usually take for correspondence from the Visa Office? I expected an email to confirm that they have received the application by now. I was told it would be 4-6 months before they will issue a visa (following criminal submissions and medical). I check our Client ID online and nothing has been updated since the decision made in May 2018. Since they haven’t resumed processing the application I worry that the wait will be longer than 4-6 months and we have already waited 2 years and 7 months. Thank you any knowledgeable advice would be appreciated!
My husband applied for a different visa when he was in Albania and the communication with Rome VO was relatively quick. However, if you want more info on your application, I would suggest to get the GCMS notes. Also, you can contact your MP (assuming you are PR or citizen) and ask him or her to inquire about your application since their office has a direct line with IRCC.

Lmason

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Thank you for your reply, that is good to hear that they were quick. Yes I’m a Canadian citizen and I did contact my MP office here and they said they would look into it over a week ago, hopefully they are able to find out more. Also what are the GCMS notes? And how would I go about obtaining them? I’m hoping to hear something from them in the next month whether it be confirmation of receipt, a new client ID, or medical request!

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thank you for your reply, that is good to hear that they were quick. Yes I’m a Canadian citizen and I did contact my MP office here and they said they would look into it over a week ago, hopefully they are able to find out more. Also what are the GCMS notes? And how would I go about obtaining them? I’m hoping to hear something from them in the next month whether it be confirmation of receipt, a new client ID, or medical request!
I’m still waiting for AOR so I have nothing linked online. Check the thread, it explains what the notes are and how to get it.its only 5$ on cic website. Follow up with the mp office. Which province is the PA applying for ?

Deepika92

Aug 6, 2022
Hii can anyone pls tell me whenvisiter application came in rome office then how many days takes for processing
Really needed anyone advise if anyone know pls reply
Thnks..

Reactions: srmn