Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Hi. It looks as everyone going through Bucharest VO has already gone through the process. Is there anyone still in process?

And for those that got their visas, especially this year, how long did it take? We applied in May 2013 and I was wondering if there's a chance I will get the visa by the end of this year.

x-ing

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 4, 2013
AOR Received.
March 12, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013
Med's Done....
February 22, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 27, 2013
LANDED..........
October 8, 2013 (Flagpoled at Coutts,AB)
Hi Betina,

You are not the only one :) We have sent our application on March 4th and the file was transferred on March 28th after SA. We have not heard anything since. We've ordered our GCMS notes and they should be in by August 26th.

WE sent an email to inquire if the file has at least been received via the case specific inquiry portal, but no response (and I doubt they will).

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Hi x-ing. I already feel less lonely around here :D Where are you from?

We had our SA on June 11th and I'm sure the file is in Bucharest already because they sent me an email on Monday asking to mail the embassy my detailed personal history since the age of 18.

If we don't get any other notice till October, I think we will order our GCMS notes also, just to try and draw attention on our file :)

mmro

Apr 10, 2013
Wow Betina,
You are truly lucky to hear from them so soon - we applied in April and still no word from Bucharest. (SA was given in mid-May).

Best wishes to you for a speedy processing!

missy2106

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, everyone!

My husband and I are in the same situation as all of you in here...I am sponsoring my husband which is from Bulgaria and I am in the province of Quebec.
We sent in the sponsorship application in mid January and at the beginning of February we received a letter from Mississauga that our files are now being transferred to Bucharest VO.
We then sent the application package to the MICC in Quebec and by the mid March we received our SCQ. We paid all possible fees at the very beginning.
Since, we have no news whatsoever from Bucharest and the only news we have in ecas is :

Decision Made : We received your application in February and Medical results have been received.

Now that we count the time since February its been 6months at the VO, for a total of 7 months.
It is so irritating to see that the processing times keep on getting longer and longer, from 9months to 13months now!!! Every single morning I log in to ecas and with sadness I log out because they are no news.
My husbands medical will expire at the end of December...but we still have so much hope we are going to receive that visa before that!!! (at least in October for his bday)
We have no idea whether or not someone has opened our file or is just there gathering dust :( .
I wonder how much longer this is going to take?

P.S Congratulations to all of you that received visas, I read your stories and it gives me even more hope that we can make it in 10months ,as some of you.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
missy2106 said:
Hi, everyone!

My husband and I are in the same situation as all of you in here...I am sponsoring my husband which is from Bulgaria and I am in the province of Quebec.
We sent in the sponsorship application in mid January and at the beginning of February we received a letter from Mississauga that our files are now being transferred to Bucharest VO.
We then sent the application package to the MICC in Quebec and by the mid March we received our SCQ. We paid all possible fees at the very beginning.
Since, we have no news whatsoever from Bucharest and the only news we have in ecas is :

Decision Made : We received your application in February and Medical results have been received.

Now that we count the time since February its been 6months at the VO, for a total of 7 months.
It is so irritating to see that the processing times keep on getting longer and longer, from 9months to 13months now!!! Every single morning I log in to ecas and with sadness I log out because they are no news.
My husbands medical will expire at the end of December...but we still have so much hope we are going to receive that visa before that!!! (at least in October for his bday)
We have no idea whether or not someone has opened our file or is just there gathering dust :( .

P.S Congratulations to all of you that received visas, I read your stories and it gives me even more hope that we can make it in 10months ,as some of you.
why don't you order your GCMS notes?

dimitremm

Feb 8, 2013
Hello Missy2106!

Hoping to finish the process in 10 months?
Most Bulgarians until last year did it for about 12 months.
Now with the strike-we can expect it to be a bit longer.
We sent our application and it was received in Mississauga 26th of October,2012.
Sponsorship was approved and file transferred to Bucharest on 21st of December,2012.
Since then -NOTHING from the embassy.
We are expecting to be another year for us because we are expecting a baby in September so we will have to add the baby to the application which includes again a sponsorship application to Mississauga and then-everything all over again...

x-ing

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 4, 2013
AOR Received.
March 12, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013
Med's Done....
February 22, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 27, 2013
LANDED..........
Betina said:
Hi x-ing. I already feel less lonely around here :D Where are you from?

We had our SA on June 11th and I'm sure the file is in Bucharest already because they sent me an email on Monday asking to mail the embassy my detailed personal history since the age of 18.

If we don't get any other notice till October, I think we will order our GCMS notes also, just to try and draw attention on our file :)
Hi Betina,

Both me and my wife are from Chisinau, Moldova; but I've been in Canada since 2005, while she's currently here on a international student permit. It expires at the end of September, so we will try to extend her status as a visitor, but from what I hear the chances are slim that they will approve it. We really hope for a miracle and that any day now the long-awaited e-mail will finally arrive asking for her passport :) People can dream, right? Where are you guys from ?

x-ing

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 4, 2013
AOR Received.
March 12, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013
Med's Done....
February 22, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 27, 2013
LANDED..........
missy2106 said:
Hi, everyone!

So to clarify, you are seeing "Decision Made" under the application for permanent residence (i.e. logging in with the applicant's, not sponsor's UCI)? At least you have "Medical Results Received" on your ECAS, I just have "Your application has been received on March 4th, 2013". And that's it, not even a confirmation that it is in Bucharest.

GCMS notes should clarify what's holding up, and they are really easy and cheap to order ($5.00 if you have someone in Canada).

From what I understood though, the Bucharest VO is not on strike and they are working as usual. But they did get exponentially slower compared to 2006-2011. We had family and friends whose sponsorship only took 2-3 months back then. And yes, when I saw a 13 month updated processing time that kind of bummed me out. Either ways, by August 26th when we get our GCMS notes I'll update everyone as to what stage they are on. At least if they started processing, then everyone else can have an idea as to when they started processing March applications. If not, well... we'll just have to wait.

But if I was you, and ECAS is showing DM for the applicant, I would:
1) Contact the embassy via the case specific-enquiry portal
2) Order GCMS right away if possible (they do take 30 days to arrive in your e-mail)
3) Contact your MP and get them to inquire on your behalf

Cheers, good luck and patience to everyone,

Adrian

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
x-ing said:
Hi Betina,

Both me and my wife are from Chisinau, Moldova; but I've been in Canada since 2005, while she's currently here on a international student permit. It expires at the end of September, so we will try to extend her status as a visitor, but from what I hear the chances are slim that they will approve it. We really hope for a miracle and that any day now the long-awaited e-mail will finally arrive asking for her passport :) People can dream, right? Where are you guys from ?
We are from Romania, my husband is a Canadian citizen since 2006 and is now here with me, in Bucharest.

Just out of curiosity: why didn't you apply inland, since your wife is already there?

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
dimitremm said:
Hello Missy2106!

Hoping to finish the process in 10 months?
Most Bulgarians until last year did it for about 12 months.
Now with the strike-we can expect it to be a bit longer.
We sent our application and it was received in Mississauga 26th of October,2012.
Sponsorship was approved and file transferred to Bucharest on 21st of December,2012.
Since then -NOTHING from the embassy.
We are expecting to be another year for us because we are expecting a baby in September so we will have to add the baby to the application which includes again a sponsorship application to Mississauga and then-everything all over again...
Bucharest VO is not on strike, so its processing times are not affected by it :)

Are there differences in the processing times for different nationalities?

Did you inform CIC about your future baby?

Why don't you order your GCMS notes to find out what's the hold up?

x-ing

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 4, 2013
AOR Received.
March 12, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013
Med's Done....
February 22, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 27, 2013
LANDED..........
Betina said:
We are from Romania, my husband is a Canadian citizen since 2006 and is now here with me, in Bucharest.

Just out of curiosity: why didn't you apply inland, since your wife is already there?
You had no issues providing proof of intent to re-establish in Canada?

Us, well ... it's complicated :-D When we started the whole process Bucharest was at 9 months and inland was at 18. So initially it was time considerations (Especially since we hoped we would be in those 20% of applications that were processed under 6 months in 2012). But now, we kind of regret it, but not really. And here is why:

a) You must get stage 1 approval to get an OWP, until then it would be no different than right now (other than the fact that she could stay in Canada). My wife cannot work, so being together is the best thing there can be, but sitting idle for 10 months while inland goes through Stage 1 is waaaay worse that being apart for a few months if she has to leave. With inland, applications from October 2012 have still not received Stage 1 approval, so in theory, we may be done by the time March 2013 inland applicants receive SA.
b) Appeal. If something happens and we need to appeal, inland does not have that option

I do not think there is a right or wrong here ... so only time will tell if we made a smart choice.

missy2106

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
x-ing said:
So to clarify, you are seeing "Decision Made" under the application for permanent residence (i.e. logging in with the applicant's, not sponsor's UCI)? At least you have "Medical Results Received" on your ECAS, I just have "Your application has been received on March 4th, 2013". And that's it, not even a confirmation that it is in Bucharest.

GCMS notes should clarify what's holding up, and they are really easy and cheap to order ($5.00 if you have someone in Canada).

From what I understood though, the Bucharest VO is not on strike and they are working as usual. But they did get exponentially slower compared to 2006-2011. We had family and friends whose sponsorship only took 2-3 months back then. And yes, when I saw a 13 month updated processing time that kind of bummed me out. Either ways, by August 26th when we get our GCMS notes I'll update everyone as to what stage they are on. At least if they started processing, then everyone else can have an idea as to when they started processing March applications. If not, well... we'll just have to wait.

But if I was you, and ECAS is showing DM for the applicant, I would:
1) Contact the embassy via the case specific-enquiry portal
2) Order GCMS right away if possible (they do take 30 days to arrive in your e-mail)
3) Contact your MP and get them to inquire on your behalf

Cheers, good luck and patience to everyone,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for replying. I am not sure how to get GCMS order and what does MP stands for?
Thank you for your help

P.S I am really new to this.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
missy2106 said:
Hi Adrian,

Thank you for replying. I am not sure how to get GCMS order and what does MP stands for?
Thank you for your help

P.S I am really new to this.
The first post from this thread details how you can get the GCMS notes http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html

Your MP is your local member of Parliament :)

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
x-ing said:
You had no issues providing proof of intent to re-establish in Canada?

Us, well ... it's complicated :-D When we started the whole process Bucharest was at 9 months and inland was at 18. So initially it was time considerations (Especially since we hoped we would be in those 20% of applications that were processed under 6 months in 2012). But now, we kind of regret it, but not really. And here is why:

a) You must get stage 1 approval to get an OWP, until then it would be no different than right now (other than the fact that she could stay in Canada). My wife cannot work, so being together is the best thing there can be, but sitting idle for 10 months while inland goes through Stage 1 is waaaay worse that being apart for a few months if she has to leave. With inland, applications from October 2012 have still not received Stage 1 approval, so in theory, we may be done by the time March 2013 inland applicants receive SA.
b) Appeal. If something happens and we need to appeal, inland does not have that option

I do not think there is a right or wrong here ... so only time will tell if we made a smart choice.
That proof of intent was the biggest source of stress for me :-D We did't have any of the papers mentioned in the forms: property deed, job offer, rental agreement etc. All we have sent in this regard was an invoice from a storage box that my husband rented and left his belongings in and a personal statement form him detailing his reasons for definitely returning to Canada. Seems it was enough, he was approved in less than a month :)