+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Romanian Timeline - In Process

FireStarteR2

May 12, 2013
Hello CrysSo,

Still no news? I can't believe they still haven't wrote to you, I was expecting this process to be very quick.

All the best.

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
FireStarteR2 said:
Hello CrysSo,

Still no news? I can't believe they still haven't wrote to you, I was expecting this process to be very quick.

All the best.
Hey,

No, unfortunately i haven't heard from them yet.. I'm wondering what's taking so long as i'm very anxious to get my passport back. Last update was on e-cas when they added my hubbys address as my current one. I'm thinking if there's a way to find out if my documents are ready for pickup, maybe a number i can call and ask?! Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Greetings!

FireStarteR2

May 12, 2013
Well, I hope you get news soon.

I think you should not contact them. In the email my wife got it specifically said not to bug them for 15 business days about questions as to whether the passport is ready or not.

You can't call any number, since the embassy doesn't have a number for immigration. You can only email, and they respond to emails after minimum 1 week, which is likely to be after you get your passport :)

According to their instructions, you are supposed to send the courier to pick up your documents exactly after 15 business days. I really wish they would email us that they are done, but they reserve the right not to :( so that sucks.

FireStarteR3

May 24, 2013
CrysSo said:
No, unfortunately i haven't heard from them yet.. I'm wondering what's taking so long as i'm very anxious to get my passport back. Last update was on e-cas when they added my hubbys address as my current one. I'm thinking if there's a way to find out if my documents are ready for pickup, maybe a number i can call and ask?! Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Well CrysSo, I am starting to suspect they aren't sending email anymore because they are maybe too busy. You are a couple of days away from the 15 business day threshold. I would advise you to call your courier and ask them to pass by the embassy on Monday and pick up the documents. What's the worst that can happen... they can get info that the docs aren't ready, and then you can try again on the 29th...

Your E-Cas changed, that means they did their final review, means your passport should be stamped already. Let me know how it goes:)

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
Yeah, it seems they send e-mail to those that have the medicals expiring within a month or so. I will call the curier monday , my passport should be ready. How far ahead are you with the time frame ? Maybe your luckier and you'll get an e-mail soon.

FireStarteR3

May 24, 2013
CrysSo said:
Yeah, it seems they send e-mail to those that have the medicals expiring within a month or so. I will call the curier monday , my passport should be ready. How far ahead are you with the time frame ? Maybe your luckier and you'll get an e-mail soon.
I am lucky as you are, the visa will expire May next year:) Remember we both did our medicals in the same time frame.

P.S. I am wondering why this thread is so dead now...

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
FireStarteR3 said:
I am lucky as you are, the visa will expire May next year:) Remember we both did our medicals in the same time frame.

P.S. I am wondering why this thread is so dead now...
I was actually asking when will your 15 business days be due for passport pickup? I read the posts over here but no one said anything about a permanent resident card,am I getting that in Canada or they will send it along with the passport? Also i was wondering what happens if the Immigration Office is not opened when my plane lands? ( someone said over here we're suppose to make sure of that when booking the plane ticket)

FireStarteR3

May 24, 2013
Okay I can answer those, they are easy questions:

- Along with the passport you get a paper called COPR. It's sort of a record of landing paper. All you need to do is come to Canada, and any border agent (at airport or at border crossing) will fill up your COPR paper, and let you into the country. Border agent are present 24/7 at borders and airport, they are the ones who need to catch the mexicans who are jumping the fence, so that's why they are always there.

- After that you need to apply for a PR card, it's usually easy, you just go whenever you want to an immigration office and apply, there is info on that somewhere on the cic website.

My 15 days are due first week of june:(

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
FireStarteR3 said:
Okay I can answer those, they are easy questions:

- Along with the passport you get a paper called COPR. It's sort of a record of landing paper. All you need to do is come to Canada, and any border agent (at airport or at border crossing) will fill up your COPR paper, and let you into the country. Border agent are present 24/7 at borders and airport, they are the ones who need to catch the mexicans who are jumping the fence, so that's why they are always there.

- After that you need to apply for a PR card, it's usually easy, you just go whenever you want to an immigration office and apply, there is info on that somewhere on the cic website.

My 15 days are due first week of june:(
I would concur with most of the comments made above. There are hours of operation for Immigration Services, so I would ensure that you are landing within an airports hours of operation.

My hubby landed in Calgary 6 weeks ago, and once he landed, he did not need to send in another application for a PR card. At the border, they start the process right there for you (as long as they have an address right from the start).

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
CharlizeRai said:
I would concur with most of the comments made above. There are hours of operation for Immigration Services, so I would ensure that you are landing within an airports hours of operation.

My hubby landed in Calgary 6 weeks ago, and once he landed, he did not need to send in another application for a PR card. At the border, they start the process right there for you (as long as they have an address right from the start).
Hey Charlize,

Do you happen to know what those hours of operation are? Or do you know any way that i can find out? I think our plane lands around 8 pm .

Ty!

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/index-e.html

On this page if you click on the city, it will provide you with a drop down menu, and you should be able to select the airport. For example, when I click on Calgary, Calgary International Airport is an option. I click on this, and it will take me to this page: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/offices/office631-e.html

On that page Office Hours are listed in bold, and a few lines below, it says Immigration Services. Calgary's immigration services are open 8 AM to 1 AM 7 days a week.

Thus, once you choose your city and airport, you should be provided with the same info :)

Cheers!

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
Alright so i finally got the visa in my passport , yay for that! :p The only problem now is with the COPR file. Under sponsor information instead of our/my hubby's home address in Canada they wrote the address of our representative . So at this point i really don't know what to do, should i send the COPR back with a letter explaining the error or what? My husband called our representative and they said they can send us an e-mail (that we can show at immigration when landing) confirming the VO in Bucharest made a mistake . I'm not sure how much grounds that holds for them tho. ... So i would really appreciate some advices ???

akoika

May 29, 2013
Hello CrysSo, your news is excellent indeed!

I am in a similar situation where I am waiting to get the passport back. For me it has been already 11 business days, and still no email no nothing.

Would you mind telling me when the embassy send the passport to you? As opposed to the day you received it? Also, did you end up contacting the delivery company to go and pick up the document?

As far as the issue with your COPR, I would not be worried. I would advice you against sending it back to them, you are looking at a 2 weeks to a month wait time if you do that. I would not be worried because at the border the border agent just asks you to confirm the address, so you can just say "No actually that is not the correct one" and provide them with the correct address. They should have no trouble understanding the mistake at the border. Just to be sure however, do call the border agency and explain to them over the phone the issue, and ask them if it's a big deal or not. Worst case scenario is that your Lawyer or Rep gets your PR card, you can just get it back from them can't you?

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
akoika said:
Hello CrysSo, your news is excellent indeed!

I am in a similar situation where I am waiting to get the passport back. For me it has been already 11 business days, and still no email no nothing.

Would you mind telling me when the embassy send the passport to you? As opposed to the day you received it? Also, did you end up contacting the delivery company to go and pick up the document?

As far as the issue with your COPR, I would not be worried. I would advice you against sending it back to them, you are looking at a 2 weeks to a month wait time if you do that. I would not be worried because at the border the border agent just asks you to confirm the address, so you can just say "No actually that is not the correct one" and provide them with the correct address. They should have no trouble understanding the mistake at the border. Just to be sure however, do call the border agency and explain to them over the phone the issue, and ask them if it's a big deal or not. Worst case scenario is that your Lawyer or Rep gets your PR card, you can just get it back from them can't you?
Hi there,

Yes it is excellent news I'm amazed that they made a mistake like that tho with the COPR. They never contacted me so i ended up calling the courier after the 15 business days. I was just saying on a previous post that in my opinion they only call or e-mail those that have the meds expiring in a month or so. Considering you are at the 11th day i take it you will have to do same as i don't see the point of them contacting you if you're gonna pick it up in about 4 days anyhow.
For me it is not a problem of time as i'm only gonna be leaving at the end of august thats why i'm in a big dilemma of what to do, one thing's for sure i would like to avoid any problems at the border.. I've waited too long for this to screw everything up when its nearly done. Our representative doesn't really give a rats anymore , according to them they have done their job and got the visa in my passport. Besides I wouldn't want them to get my PR ... they reside in TO and we're in NS .

Why does everything have to be so complicated :-[. I was thinking maybe i should have my hubby call the Immigration at the airport , explain the situation and ask them if it's an important detail or it can be overlooked. We'll see....

Best of luck ... Hope you don't encounter any problems!

P.S. Thanks Charlize for the info... It was very useful.

akoika

May 29, 2013
Well, it seems that the DHL tracking for our return envelope has been activated, and my wife should receive her visa shortly, if that envelope indeed has a visa inside of it. That is the scariest thing, we get a decision made saying the office will contact us, didn't happen. Now the passport I assume is being send back to us, and it very likely means that it has the visa and copr inside, but it's not like they told us that this is what they are sending:) They never mentioned our PR application being approved.

Anyways, the process can definitively benefit from changes, aimed at communication between the VO and transparency. I still feel that I was lucky, going through it with only minors bumps. We had a fairly long wait, our app was transferred to the VO about the same time as Charlize, so that's about 9 months just for the second stage. Can't complain, since the time just went up to 12 months. Bucharest was once one of the quickest offices, in 2008 it was a matter of one or two months. I suspect that we had to wait for so much since we were asked to re complete a form last year and a remedical this year. After the day of the remedical, took about 5 weeks to get PPR, and yet the VO told us it can take months. They could have mentioned what the current processing times are.

What I can say is that this process involves a lot of guesses based on trends observed in this forum.

I wrote a few emails to the VO in English, and would get a response in 1 to 2 weeks when I had asked them a question.

I might order GCMS notes in a while after my wife has landed, just to see how it went.

Adrian