+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Romanian Timeline - In Process

starter2

May 4, 2013
CrysSo said:
Id say no worries starter2 , as u may have noticed they have a funny way of doing everything , I'm sure u will get the PP request.. Unless they want an interview ( which i hope they wont) .
Best of luck to u and your wife, happy to answer any other questions u may have. ;)

Cheers!
Hey,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am sure they did ask for an extension in your case as well. They "have to", since "it's according to procedure", based on this:
http www cic gc ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp (sorry it won't allow me to post links)

In our case they did tell me they filled for an extension, and later said it was refused. We were also asked that question about the 6 months. My wife traveled to US for a bit, and you didn't travel at all, and both our extensions got refused... odd isn't it... wonder what are they basing their extension on.

Also, according to that same bulletin referenced above, they cannot ask for the principal applicant to redo medicals unless they made up their mind already. It is my understanding that they ask for medicals to be redone only when they want to request your passport but cannot issue a visa due to expired medicals (I was told that visa expires on the day medicals expire).

That being said, I would be very surprised if they would call us in for an interview.

You would think that getting an extension is better than redoing medicals... but not necessary. I. N. got her extension, but on the condition that she redoes her Chest X-Rays. So she ended up waiting about as much as we did, a month and a half or so.

All the best.

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
starter2 said:
Hey,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am sure they did ask for an extension in your case as well. They "have to", since "it's according to procedure", based on this:
http www cic gc ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp (sorry it won't allow me to post links)

In our case they did tell me they filled for an extension, and later said it was refused. We were also asked that question about the 6 months. My wife traveled to US for a bit, and you didn't travel at all, and both our extensions got refused... odd isn't it... wonder what are they basing their extension on.

Also, according to that same bulletin referenced above, they cannot ask for the principal applicant to redo medicals unless they made up their mind already. It is my understanding that they ask for medicals to be redone only when they want to request your passport but cannot issue a visa due to expired medicals (I was told that visa expires on the day medicals expire).

That being said, I would be very surprised if they would call us in for an interview.

You would think that getting an extension is better than redoing medicals... but not necessary. I. N. got her extension, but on the condition that she redoes her Chest X-Rays. So she ended up waiting about as much as we did, a month and a half or so.

All the best.
Well i guess your right, besides whats the point of the extension if u have to redo the chest x-ray ..i mean you still have to do the road to Bucharest (for those who don't live there of course) . I understood they ask for an interview only if they have any doubts about your relationship or if they think u didn't provide them with enough proofs . May I ask what paper you had to fill again?
In my case they stated the visa will be valid until 22/04/2014 so considering i had the medicals redone the 29/03/2013 i take it there's some truth in your words ::)

starter2

May 4, 2013
CrysSo said:
Well i guess your right, besides whats the point of the extension if u have to redo the chest x-ray ..i mean you still have to do the road to Bucharest (for those who don't live there of course) . I understood they ask for an interview only if they have any doubts about your relationship or if they think u didn't provide them with enough proofs . May I ask what paper you had to fill again?
In my case they stated the visa will be valid until 22/04/2014 so considering i had the medicals redone the 29/03/2013 i take it there's some truth in your words ::)
Yes, you redid them March 29th, plus minus delays in processing when they consider them officially valid, looks reasonable that your visa is so lengthy.

The form... oh my... it pains me to remember it. basically it is that question where they ask the PA where he or she lived in the last 10 years (or since 18 years whichever comes first).
It was weird because how do you decide whichever comes first? Is it whichever comes from today going backwards or from the moment of birth? We didn't pick the right one (we did from the point she turned 18 to today)... so they wanted more information...

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
Oh wow.. If i remember well i went backwards with the years on that form but if im not mistaken I think they mention somewheres that you're suppose to fill them like that ...or maybe I'm wrong and I was just lucky :-[
One question for you..a bit off topic .. Do you have any idea if it takes a new exam in Canada for drivers license if I already have a romanian license? (I was thinking maybe you have the same issue for your wife and maybe you know)

starter2

May 4, 2013
Once you arrive here in Canada you have up to 3 month when you can drive with a license from any country you want.

After that period, or preferably as soon as you get here, you have to do a make up exam. I think it is only on the computer and not an actual road exam. Depends on the province where you wish to reside.

Believe me, even if you come from another province in canada you still need to redo the exam in the new province...

starter3

May 10, 2013
Alright, got Passport Request today! Great great news. So for those interested in Re-Medical timelines at Bucharest:
Meds redone April 4th, Passport Request May 10th.

Now there is a bunch of religious holidays so we gotta wait to send our passport. They say 15 working days but everyone says they are much quicker then that. I suppose we need to send it to them via DHL and sign a 3rd party authorization for DHL? So that DHL can pick it up?

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
starter3 said:
Alright, got Passport Request today! Great great news. So for those interested in Re-Medical timelines at Bucharest:
Meds redone April 4th, Passport Request May 10th.

Now there is a bunch of religious holidays so we gotta wait to send our passport. They say 15 working days but everyone says they are much quicker then that. I suppose we need to send it to them via DHL and sign a 3rd party authorization for DHL? So that DHL can pick it up?
Hey,

That's great news! I think u should send the PP anyhow i've send it friday before Easter and it got there tuesday. I didn't use DHL because they are very expensive i sent everything with Cargus curier. Altho if you decide to send it with DHL you don't need the third party authorization because they are already authorized since they have some sort of agreement with the embassy in Bucharest ( that's what they told me anyhow) . I don't know what to do with the PP either , i'm thinkin whether i should try to have it picked up earlier than 15 labour days or not... So i don't know what to tell you on that one...

FireStarteR2

May 12, 2013
CrysSo said:
Hey,

That's great news! I think u should send the PP anyhow i've send it friday before Easter and it got there tuesday. I didn't use DHL because they are very expensive i sent everything with Cargus curier. Altho if you decide to send it with DHL you don't need the third party authorization because they are already authorized since they have some sort of agreement with the embassy in Bucharest ( that's what they told me anyhow) . I don't know what to do with the PP either , i'm thinkin whether i should try to have it picked up earlier than 15 labour days or not... So i don't know what to tell you on that one...
Oh we were going to send it anyways... except none of the couriers would pick up the phone on Friday and were all closed...

From the previous posts I understand that when the passport is ready for pickup you either get an email from them, or get a call. So please let me know if they call you or email you so I know what to expect. Judging previous posts, it seems it doesn't take them 3 weeks, but rather about 7-8 days, so you should very likely get a notification from them on Monday or Tuesday, but later in the week if they are busy...

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
FireStarteR2 said:
Oh we were going to send it anyways... except none of the couriers would pick up the phone on Friday and were all closed...

From the previous posts I understand that when the passport is ready for pickup you either get an email from them, or get a call. So please let me know if they call you or email you so I know what to expect. Judging previous posts, it seems it doesn't take them 3 weeks, but rather about 7-8 days, so you should very likely get a notification from them on Monday or Tuesday, but later in the week if they are busy...
I will definitely let u know if i get any notifications from them altho I didn't knew they are supposed to contact you since in their last e-mail they said : " It is your responsibility to contact and request the chosen courier to pick-up your documents after the end of the 15 business days." So if nothing else takes place I'm going to call the currier after the 13th day or so ..I'll keep you updated ..

Cheers!

FireStarteR2

May 12, 2013
Cheers!

I am guessing they will contact you, since some users reported that it happened to them.

I honestly think they could spend a tad bit more time, get organized, and do the job properly, sending us the passport back. Or adding 40$ to the application fee to send it to us...
This whole fiasco with us sending it and sending prepaid labels and so on... Doesn't look productive

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
Ok , i just checked CIC status online and it changed from "In process" to "Decision Made" and then it says : A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. So there we are.. Closer than ever. Yay! ;D Still no e-mail regarding the PP ..either way I can't wait for everything to be done!

May 13, 2013
Hello to all members, I am a newbie and I have a few questions if you have some time (thank you). First of all I will explain my situation: I have a married sister that left Romania under the Provincial Nominee Program with her family (husband, child) in October last year. They are established in province of Manitoba, Winnipeg. My questions are:
1. Can she/they sponsor me in the Family Sponsorship Program?
2. They need to be Canadian citizens before helping me with the program?
3. Do they have to proove that they have a property or an amount of money in their accounts to sponsor me?
4. What are the first steps?
Thank you for your time and patience. Doamne ajuta.

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
leading personality said:
Hello to all members, I am a newbie and I have a few questions if you have some time (thank you). First of all I will explain my situation: I have a married sister that left Romania under the Provincial Nominee Program with her family (husband, child) in October last year. They are established in province of Manitoba, Winnipeg. My questions are:
3. Do they have to proove that they have a property or an amount of money in their accounts to sponsor me?
Hey there,

I don't know much about sponsoring relatives but from what I've read on CIC website they would have to be Permanent Residents in order be able to sponsor you. With that I take it they will have to provide some proofs of their situation in Canada such as maintenance or jobs . I can only advise you to check their online page at : http://www.cic.gc.ca/ and you will find information about what papers you and your sponsor need and all the requirements you must meet.
That's all i can tell you, maybe someone else over here can give you more answers ...

Good luck!

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
leading personality said:
Hi,

As far as I know, you are not able to be sponsored under the family class sponsorship as you are her sister. I think the most you could get in terms of help from your sister in Immigration's eyes is a visitor visa. However under a visitor visa you cannot work, and there is a point in time where you have to leave Canada.

There are also student visas to look into or the temporary foreign work program perchance.

Best of luck!

If you go onto cic.gc.ca, you can fill out a little 'come to Canada' wizard, which will let you know if you are eligible for immigration here by any means.