+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

roadblocks re;health

tracy

Feb 28, 2008
at this point i have paid all fee,s nessesary to immigrate to canada from usa. i have a sponsor and have enough funds in bank to sustain me for years. without employment. but am bored stiff and want to work desperatly.i paid $400.00 fee for full medical, but due to the fact that at 45 yrs of age i have a slight heart condition and have had a cardiologist for the past 5 years in the states. now immigration has told me that will only look at my application if i see a canadian physician. i have done this and been told i have to pay a further $1500.00 for allthe same tests i just paid for last year and years proceeding in the states. the doctors here all have all my american cardiology reports, but it seems as if they think american doctors are inept. has anyone else run into this issue? plus what happens next? does canadian medical deny any claims for any heart ailments in future after charging me 2000.00 in fees paid. whats the point of this and why are american records invalid. help!!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
tracy,

Did you get your medical done with a designated medical practitioner (DMP)? It seems they should have accepted your results as long as you followed the rules. If you did get your work done by a DMP, and they're asking you to see a Canadian doctor instead, I think you could have a valid lawsuit. Maybe a consultation with an immigration lawyer is in order?

What the medical guidebook specifies is that the physician should determine whether you will require more than your fair share of medical assistance within the next 10 years (beyond that, they're not supposed to consider it). If you will, then that's reason enough to deny your application.

juergens

Nov 1, 2008
What if I am in good health, but my spouse, who will accompany me, is not. She had a kidney transplant in 2004 and the kidney is fine (takes imneosuppresants and has had no issues at all concerning the transplant), however, she is diabetic and has has ocassional issues because of it (low sugar episodes, etc.). Nothing major, but I'm concerned that she'll be denied because of some past complications. Anyone know how they handle this???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What if I am in good health, but my spouse, who will accompany me, is not. She had a kidney transplant in 2004 and the kidney is fine (takes imneosuppresants and has had no issues at all concerning the transplant), however, she is diabetic and has has ocassional issues because of it (low sugar episodes, etc.). Nothing major, but I'm concerned that she'll be denied because of some past complications. Anyone know how they handle this???
I would imagine that she will get a procedural fairness letter. Given her anti-rejection drugs and nephrology follow-up appointments and tests along with her diabetes which may require medication and endocrinologist appointments she could be deemed to be too much of a burden on the Canadian health system. I also don't know how long a kidney usually lasts and whether she may need another transplant eventually or dialysis if her kidney stops working.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If one of you is refused for medical inadmissibility reasons - both of you will be refused. This applies whether your wife is accompanying or non-accompanying. She must pass the medical in order for both her and you to be approved.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I would imagine that she will get a procedural fairness letter. Given her anti-rejection drugs and nephrology follow-up appointments and tests along with her diabetes which may require medication and endocrinologist appointments she could be deemed to be too much of a burden on the Canadian health system. I also don't know how long a kidney usually lasts and whether she may need another transplant eventually or dialysis if her kidney stops working.