+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ro violation by 6 months pr card valid till Oct 2020

Userone

Apr 12, 2019
Hey all I am outside Canada for about 3.6 years.i know I have little chance of making it back now without reporting.But I still want to return back. Can I give medical evidence of my father who is a heart patient as a reason for ro violation. My father is never hospitalized but is diagnosed with blocked arteries and visits the doctor for treatment.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but does not sound a strong case especially given never hospitalised so his condition is managed with medication.. Not saying you could not try with that if you get reported on coming back but does not sound like a strong case but just one of those things everyone faces when leaving their home country with parents left behind..

Also note that PR card validity is not relevant to the residency obligation, you have to show 2 years in the 5 years from initial landing or after the initial 5 years 2 years in the 5 years preceding any new entry.

Just ensure you return before your card expires, although given10/2020 plenty of time, given once your card expires you need a PRTD which for sure having not met the RO could result in PR being revoked