+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ridiculous visitor visa processing times 2022??

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Unfortunately you may have to postpone your trip to Canada until after there is some conclusion to the war. Lots of other great destinations to visit around the world in the meantime.
Not sure if this is accurate as I have not received a rejection answer, nor any other for the matter.

Your comment regarding my citizenship's impact on the visa application seems wrong, as there a lot of other people in the same boat who applied early this year and are still waiting for their application to be assessed.

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
February 2023 - it has been a year and no update still.

Is there a maximum period in which they are required by law to respond, either with a positive or negative decision?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
February 2023 - it has been a year and no update still.

Is there a maximum period in which they are required by law to respond, either with a positive or negative decision?
There is no maximum by law. You can try ordering GCMS notes. Which country?

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
HI all,

SInce it has been a year, I raised a webform + separetly submitted an official complaint. I rececived an automatic reply that reads;

Thank you for your e-mail. It has been received by IRCC LONDON.

Please note that visitor visa (or Temporary Resident Visa) processing capacity in particular has been reduced with resources diverted to priority lines of business, such as the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel, and study and work permits.

Despite our considerable efforts, we know that some applicants have experienced significant wait times with the processing of their applications in all categories and we understand their frustration. We are doing our best to respond to volumes of applications that are much higher than normal and we are working on new measures to address these issues.

Online, my bar is fully grey and the following steps are mentioned:

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results

You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents

We do not need additional documents.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
March XYZ 2022 Completed.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

I have 2 important questions:

1) Does the above mean they have started reviewing my application at least?; and
2) Are there still people who applied in February 2022 for a visitor visa and have still not received a reply?

FYI, I applied in the Netherlands and the visa office assessing my application is in London.

mmukher1

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
The answer to your first question is yes, they have started reviewing your application.

Don't know about the second.

Aamirohri

Jan 5, 2023
Hi, I have applied for visitor visa back on 23rd june 2022 in London. Haven’t head anything from them till yet.

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Question - since my application in February 2022, I got married.

If I update this as a new fact in my application, what will happen - will this reset my position in the queue and put me back or this won't change the processing time?

mmukher1

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022

If I update this as a new fact in my application, what will happen - will this reset my position in the queue and put me back or this won't change the processing time?
No, it shouldn't change your position in the queue.
It beyond absurd that you have been waiting for more than a year. I wonder if withdrawing and re-applying might be helpful.

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Can't help but sympathize ... We have been waiting for 10 months now. I just wonder what the actual @#$% is going on there ... By the way, recently ordered the Access to Information and Privacy report. That itself is going to take another month or so ... FML!

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Can't help but sympathize ... We have been waiting for 10 months now. I just wonder what the actual @#$% is going on there ... By the way, recently ordered the Access to Information and Privacy report. That itself is going to take another month or so ... FML!
What is that request for information - I keep hearing it a lot.

Is this only for applications submitted in Canada or how does it work?

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is that request for information - I keep hearing it a lot.

Is this only for applications submitted in Canada or how does it work?
I would suggest reading up on ATIP on canada.ca website. I just went there and ordered the report for my parents. And I do live in Canada.

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
I would suggest reading up on ATIP on canada.ca website. I just went there and ordered the report for my parents. And I do live in Canada.
Thank you, I just checked the official website:

https://www.international.gc.ca/gac-amc/publications/atip-aiprp/index.aspx?lang=eng

There it is stated that foreign nationals can only request information according to the Privacy Act but not the according to the Access to Information Act.

Even if I apply for information according to the Privacy Act, what will this give me and how will this help my application?