+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ridiculous visitor visa processing times 2022??

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Hi all,

I applied for a visitor visa in late February 2022 in the Netherlands and gave my biometrics in March 2022.

5 months later, still no updates! My current status is "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Quick question - are those normal processing times? On the official website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html), much shorter time frames are shown and I have been patiently waiting for more than 5 months.

I filled in the online complain form for slow review of the application a few months ago as well, no response there either. The London office of the Canadian migration authorities seems to be assessing my visa application.

Is there someone else experiencing such a delay? Especially curious for people who applied in the Netherlands or are having their visa applications reviewed by their London Office.

edit: I saw that I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. I have never been in the USA.

Last edited:

coo2145

Aug 15, 2022
I also have same situation, biometric done on May 24th, 2022 London office.

No update thereafter, even file not got into review.

Not sure what's happening, webform particularly saying have some patience. Last webform raised in July.

Keeping in mind processing time was 7 days when i applied, today it is 42 days. Don't know how correct is their processing time calculator?

Update me if u got any update pls

Hope we get ppr soon
Best Wishes

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I applied for a visitor visa in late February 2022 in the Netherlands and gave my biometrics in March 2022.

5 months later, still no updates! My current status is "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Quick question - are those normal processing times? On the official website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html), much shorter time frames are shown and I have been patiently waiting for more than 5 months.

I filled in the online complain form for slow review of the application a few months ago as well, no response there either. The London office of the Canadian migration authorities seems to be assessing my visa application.

Is there someone else experiencing such a delay? Especially curious for people who applied in the Netherlands or are having their visa applications reviewed by their London Office.

edit: I saw that I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. I have never been in the USA.
Really depends on your profile.

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Where you are from, whether there are any red flags, etc.
I fulfil all the criterion, have an EU permanent residence permit, etc.

Is it normal that my application is taking 6 months or what? I saw on their webpage that they have 100k + backlog applications because of Covid. However, their current processing times shown are much shorter yet, my application is still pending.

coo2145

Aug 15, 2022
Alex seems native European so it shouldn't be problem in his profile,

Me being business owner (www.about.me/singhmangat) from last 14 yrs and visited US, UK, Europe more than 20 times for client meetings shouldn't be problem.

If u check by writing London keyboard, they are not processing visas from long time. Everyone is angry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I fulfil all the criterion, have an EU permanent residence permit, etc.

Is it normal that my application is taking 6 months or what? I saw on their webpage that they have 100k + backlog applications because of Covid. However, their current processing times shown are much shorter yet, my application is still pending.
Whether you have PR in Europe isn’t your citizenship. Yes there is a backlog of applications due to Covid for all immigration programs. Things like background checks take much longer for certain countries. In general processing takes much longer for certain countries. Certain profiles are approved faster than others for example if you have previous travel to Canada, have not overstayed and have an otherwise strong profile you will likely be approved quite fast. There is huge variability in processing times for visitor visas. Some are processed very quickly (within 1-4 weeks) while others take months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Me being business owner (www.about.me/singhmangat) from last 14 yrs and visited US, UK, Europe more than 20 times for client meetings shouldn't be problem.

If u check by writing London keyboard, they are not processing visas from long time. Everyone is angry.
They only said they have PR in Europe not citizenship. In most of Europe an ETA is only needed to travel to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

In general previoys travel to UK, US, Australia, etc. will certainly help getting TRV approval but you’ll still need to show why you need to meet in Canada, proof that your business is supporting your travel, etc. If you are applying from the UK and not your home country why you are in the UK.

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Whether you have PR in Europe isn’t your citizenship. Yes there is a backlog of applications due to Covid for all immigration programs. Things like background checks take much longer for certain countries. In general processing takes much longer for certain countries. Certain profiles are approved faster than others for example if you have previous travel to Canada, have not overstayed and have an otherwise strong profile you will likely be approved quite fast. There is huge variability in processing times for visitor visas. Some are processed very quickly (within 1-4 weeks) while others take months.
I see. I indeed have no EU citizenship, as otherwise I would just need an ETA to travel to Canada, not a full blown visitor visa.

I think I fulfil all conditions (income, etc.) but this would be my first trip to Canada. Is it possible that this is caused by the visa office assessing my application, I see a lot of people complaining about the same London office.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see. I indeed have no EU citizenship, as otherwise I would just need an ETA to travel to Canada, not a full blown visitor visa.

I think I fulfil all conditions (income, etc.) but this would be my first trip to Canada. Is it possible that this is caused by the visa office assessing my application, I see a lot of people complaining about the same London office.
London office was very backlogged due to Covid closures. It’s unclear whether they have caught up from the Covid closures and this is just the normal backlog that IRCC is facing. Yes first visit will likely have more delays. Your citizenship will also play a factor. Living in a 3rd country can delay things depending on how strong your status is in the 3rd country. Your reason for travel has an impact on processing. You are certainly on the longer end of processing times. I would assume your country of origin has something to do with it.

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
London office was very backlogged due to Covid closures. It’s unclear whether they have caught up from the Covid closures and this is just the normal backlog that IRCC is facing. Yes first visit will likely have more delays. Your citizenship will also play a factor. Living in a 3rd country can delay things depending on how strong your status is in the 3rd country. Your reason for travel has an impact on processing. You are certainly on the longer end of processing times. I would assume your country of origin has something to do with it.
As much as it seems like one's profile could be the reason, it isn't. I applied in April and have been following other applicants from UK. I havent come across a single visitor visa being processed to date since Canadian borders opened for visitors - none have been reviewed let alone rejections or approvals. I came across a few student permit and PR approvals. A response from London office to one of my emails said that they've diverted their resources to CUAET, study and work permits. However I have seen a CUAET applicant also complain about a 3 month wait. They are so backlogged that they passports of PR applicants are being held for around 2 months after receiving PPR.

Reactions: Alwayssuccessful!

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
As much as it seems like one's profile could be the reason, it isn't. I applied in April and have been following other applicants from UK. I havent come across a single visitor visa being processed to date since Canadian borders opened for visitors - none have been reviewed let alone rejections or approvals. I came across a few student permit and PR approvals. A response from London office to one of my emails said that they've diverted their resources to CUAET, study and work permits. However I have seen a CUAET applicant also complain about a 3 month wait. They are so backlogged that they passports of PR applicants are being held for around 2 months after receiving PPR.
Is this only the London office or all visa application centers are experiencing the same delay?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is this only the London office or all visa application centers are experiencing the same delay?
All visa offices have backlogs right now. Some of this is still due to COVID. In UK / Europe, there is the additional load of CUAET visas for Ukrainians fleeing the war.