+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revoke PNP PR status - Move out nomination province [!!]

LRC206

Star Member
May 13, 2013
What if a person is BC nominee and because of getting direct flight to Toronto he has to land first in Toronto, so its landing will be completed.if he planned to have a vacation in Toronto.
I mean by the time he ends up with vacation in Toronto he might have got PR cards there.
Pls help I'm confused

crisfong

Mar 31, 2015
LRC206 said:
What if a person is BC nominee and because of getting direct flight to Toronto he has to land first in Toronto, so its landing will be completed.if he planned to have a vacation in Toronto.
I mean by the time he ends up with vacation in Toronto he might have got PR cards there.
Pls help I'm confused
The key to your question is that the border officer reserves the right to refuse your entry at the airport, because you're supposed to be going to BC. If, for example, you can show some connecting ticket to BC in a few days the officer will be convinced that you're not settling in Toronto.

Otherwise, it's still possible that they stop you at the port... even you want to move out of BC eventually, you don't want to show that intention right at the airport...

LRC206

Star Member
May 13, 2013
crisfong said:
The key to your question is that the border officer reserves the right to refuse your entry at the airport, because you're supposed to be going to BC. If, for example, you can show some connecting ticket to BC in a few days the officer will be convinced that you're not settling in Toronto.

Otherwise, it's still possible that they stop you at the port... even you want to move out of BC eventually, you don't want to show that intention right at the airport...
Thanks dear for elaborative response, my problem is I'm not getting direct flight to Vancouver, so I'm getting direct flight from my city Toronto. if I'm first going to Toronto so can I stay there for few days with my friends??

sinp-nominee2014

Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
Skipped
Nomination.....
06-2014
AOR Received.
08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
Late Jan 2015
Med's Request
8-2014
Med's Done....
08-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yet to come
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
LRC206 said:
Thanks dear for elaborative response, my problem is I'm not getting direct flight to Vancouver, so I'm getting direct flight from my city Toronto. if I'm first going to Toronto so can I stay there for few days with my friends??
I don't really see a problem with that. you can land anywhere no matter what is your province of nomination I believe as long as you stay in your province for well time after landing...

crisfong

Mar 31, 2015
sinp-nominee2014 said:
I don't really see a problem with that. you can land anywhere no matter what is your province of nomination I believe as long as you stay in your province for well time after landing...
Yeah from the many opinions I've read here and elsewhere, if you can convince the border officer at the border that you are going to where you are nominated, e.g. a bus/air ticket to that province soon after your entry into Canada, it'll be fine.

sinp-nominee2014

Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
Skipped
Nomination.....
06-2014
AOR Received.
08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
Late Jan 2015
Med's Request
8-2014
Med's Done....
08-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yet to come
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
crisfong said:
Yeah from the many opinions I've read here and elsewhere, if you can convince the border officer at the border that you are going to where you are nominated, e.g. a bus/air ticket to that province soon after your entry into Canada, it'll be fine.
I am sure you will be fine as long as you have the planned itinerary in hand.

Shanty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
NA
Hi Guys,

I am new to this group. I am a MPNP and PR application has been received by CIC on September 29,2015. Still Waiting for the AOR.
I would like to share my case as i am confused with this situation.

I have got my MPNP certificate around June and applied for PR on September. After that in October 2015 i have moved from Manitoba to Ontario due to my job as my work permit is closed one and i cannot change company to stay in MB until i get open WP or PR hence my move has been dictated by my company only for another assignment. What may be consequences in this case.

Should i inform CIC about the movement after i receive AOR?
Is there any chance of rejection at any stage especially during landing as i think i a have proper reason why i moved and i do not have an option to change job right now to stay in MB
IS there any other consequences that may happen.
Should i withdraw my application

PLEASE HELP WITH YOUR ADVISE.....

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
why is this still going on..?

Section 6 of Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right

a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

While landing, you have to land and show ties to the province of nomination. After that, you can move anywhere in Canada.
So if you have SK nomination and a flight to BC, show your connection flight to SK, show an SK address of where you will live, maybe a job offer letter in SK, then you are good to go.

Shanty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
NA
THank you Mf 4361 for your reply and sorry to reopen this thread.

as you have mentioned about job offer i would like to clarify that i have a closed WP and i cannot get an offer until i get PR.
I am a inland applicant and presently based out of Ontario.
So as per your suggestion i should go and land at my nominating province and show them i live there only?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Shanty said:
THank you Mf 4361 for your reply and sorry to reopen this thread.

as you have mentioned about job offer i would like to clarify that i have a closed WP and i cannot get an offer until i get PR.
I am a inland applicant and presently based out of Ontario.
So as per your suggestion i should go and land at my nominating province and show them i live there only?
There has been multiple threads about this lately.

If you are already working, show them while you are landing. That's all you need to do.

You don't have to land at the province of nomination, you do have to show the CBSA people you are going to settle in that province.

As in the previous example, you can board a plane from your origin, through Vancouver, then connect to SK. When you land in Vancouver, you will proceed to CBSA office and complete landing process there. Show the officer you have a connecting flight, you have a job in SK, reception contact, etc.

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
I have been reading these topics largely because this situation has happened to me. I am a PNP applicant and landed just last month in Manitoba. I have my SIN and everything, so I'm a PR. Since arrival my personal connection/friendship all but dissolved, not a single job application I submitted for in Manitoba has called back, and I just came to Toronto to go on an interview. I have had a phenomenal response to applications submitted online in Ontario, not much in Manitoba. If I get the job, I'm taking it. I love Manitoba and found it a great place, but when personal circumstances change they change. I didn't realize my personal connection wasn't going to be there for me upon my move, so I'm going to have to get a job no matter where it is, ASAP.

The only question I have to ask people here, since I've already landed, but I haven't received PR card in the mail, what happens when I change address on ECAS to out of province? Would they actually not deliver PR card to the out of province home address?

mryoso

Mar 28, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-24-2015 sent to Sydney CIO
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/ application
Med's Request
December 11, 2015
Med's Done....
December 16, 2015
Passport Req..
April 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 22, 2016
LANDED..........
yayyy!
I am a nominee of Saskatchewan and here is what they replied to me

Thank you for your inquiry,
As a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work and live in any province, however, an individual is nominated to Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee program based on their intent to settle permanently in Saskatchewan. Should a Nominee not be living and working in Saskatchewan the SINP reserves the right to follow up to assess whether the Nominee has misrepresented their intent. The SINP can revoke a nomination to our program and advise Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of the revocation. Any final decisions are in the hands of IRCC.

Kind regards,
LW
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
Government of Saskatchewan
Labour Market Development, Ministry of the Economy
7th Floor, 1945 Hamilton Street
Regina, Canada S4P 2C8
Bus: 306.798.7467
www.saskatchewan.ca/sinp

Reactions: rajatkhare

mukkucanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Any one here who got PR through Nova Scotia Nomination and moved to other province ?

I dont think Nova Scotia Nomination had any condition or # of year residency pre requisite. any thoughts if I move out after working few months due to Family reason ?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukkucanada said:
Hello All,

Any one here who got PR through Nova Scotia Nomination and moved to other province ?

I dont think Nova Scotia Nomination had any condition or # of year residency pre requisite. any thoughts if I move out after working few months due to Family reason ?
You should not have a problem - if you have been granted PR status you are free to move and work anywhere in Canada.

The H. John Mccallum, when interviewed in CTV Atlantic (that was a few months ago - there was a meeting on proposals to revise some immigration policies in the Maritimes) - was asked directly if there was a way to divert new immigrants to provinces where immigrants are needed - rather than allowing them to congregate to populous city centres and provinces. The reply was the Constitution, specifically the Charter of Bill of Rights, protects the mobility freedoms of citizens as well as permanent residents - so immigrants cannot be forced/restricted to settle in a particular area.

Note on the last statements - currently the mobility rights are protected. However, for the past few years - there has been increasing clamour - from Provinces would benefit from in-migration - for any solution to retain immigrants within the provinces including federal legislation. So far, no firm proposals on how this will be done.

If you do move, expect a survey to be sent to you asking reasons why the move was made. This is all information gathering, presumably in aid of needed changes to the current provincial immigration programs. It may be added to data to show the case for restrictions to be put in place.

.../atb

mukkucanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ragluf.

ragluf said:
You should not have a problem - if you have been granted PR status you are free to move and work anywhere in Canada.

The H. John Mccallum, when interviewed in CTV Atlantic (that was a few months ago - there was a meeting on proposals to revise some immigration policies in the Maritimes) - was asked directly if there was a way to divert new immigrants to provinces where immigrants are needed - rather than allowing them to congregate to populous city centres and provinces. The reply was the Constitution, specifically the Charter of Bill of Rights, protects the mobility freedoms of citizens as well as permanent residents - so immigrants cannot be forced/restricted to settle in a particular area.

Note on the last statements - currently the mobility rights are protected. However, for the past few years - there has been increasing clamour - from Provinces would benefit from in-migration - for any solution to retain immigrants within the provinces including federal legislation. So far, no firm proposals on how this will be done.

If you do move, expect a survey to be sent to you asking reasons why the move was made. This is all information gathering, presumably in aid of needed changes to the current provincial immigration programs. It may be added to data to show the case for restrictions to be put in place.

.../atb