+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revoke PNP PR status - Move out nomination province [!!]

Donalddraper

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This has been a question for me for a while and I found it had been an issue for a lot of people since 2010.

So can we get together and figure out if it is true that the government can revoke your landed PR status because you no longer live in the nomination province short after the landing?

Lets find some solid information and make a conclusion.

Reactions: rajatkhare

Donalddraper

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I so far have not found any solid statement saying the government reserves the rights to revoke landed PR status due to interprovincial move but i keep hearing people criticizing about this and states the government has revoked people's PR due to this reason before.. Can anyone tell me if missed anything from my research?

J.I.N

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
I have seen ppl moving across provinces but after a certain period like 2-3 years. I am guessing it is okay if you have a valid reason to move like new job or something.

ppl, thoughts?

Donalddraper

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
J.I.N said:
I have seen ppl moving across provinces but after a certain period like 2-3 years. I am guessing it is okay if you have a valid reason to move like new job or something.

your thoughts?
It makes sense, I need to move sooner than that because my fiance (who is a Canadian that born in my nomination province, if this has anything to do with the situation) got into school in a different province. We would like to go together but we still have the intention to live in my nomination province afterwards. The school is about a year and half long. There also will be an chance of us staying in a different province if the job opportunities are better. I am nervous and not sure how I should plan for our future...

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Donalddraper said:
It makes sense, I need to move sooner than that because my fiance (who is a Canadian that born in my nomination province, if this has anything to do with the situation) got into school in a different province. We would like to go together but we still have the intention to live in my nomination province afterwards. The school is about a year and half long. There also will be an chance of us staying in a different province if the job opportunities are better. I am nervous and not sure how I should plan for our future...
As a PR you have the right to live and work anywhere in Canada but you do sign an intent to reside whilst applying for PR via the pnp. If you signed this without ever having the intention to reside in your nominating province then yes you could possible be found guilty of misrepresentation and have your PR revoked. e.g say you were nominated in SK but bought a house in Vancouver before even landing and moved to Van almost immediately after landing. That would be a clear indication that you did indeed misrepresent yourself.

From what you have said above I don't believe you have anything to worry about in your situation. You're following your Canadian spouse to another province all of which happened after you landed. You intended to live in your province from what you have said but Peoples plans and lives change. I'd go for the move and not worry :)

Donalddraper

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tee1 said:
As a PR you have the right to live and work anywhere in Canada but you do sign an intent to reside whilst applying for PR via the pnp. If you signed this without ever having the intention to reside in your nominating province then yes you could possible be found guilty of misrepresentation and have your PR revoked. e.g say you were nominated in SK but bought a house in Vancouver before even landing and moved to Van almost immediately after landing. That would be a clear indication that you did indeed misrepresent yourself.

From what you have said above I don't believe you have anything to worry about in your situation. You're following your Canadian spouse to another province all of which happened after you landed. You intended to live in your province from what you have said but Peoples plans and lives change. I'd go for the move and not worry :)
thanks for the response, I think it makes sense, however, her school starts in September and she wants to be there in August, I probably will land next month and it for sure looks like you said move to Van almost immediately after landing. I am worried that this will look bad even though it was never planned like this. We only found out she got into school this month.. Perhaps I will keep all my status in SK and just go as traveling?

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
No way. Do you know how many people apply through the Québec nomination program and do not stay there? Many according to this website and I personally know 3. They just landed in Quebec and caught the next bus out of the province. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do though.

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
I have never ever come across such a case. If it had happened then it would be news and nobody would even dare to think about it.

I have been following this forum since 2010 and newer came across such a case being posted where the PR was revoked.

SK AND CA

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
Nomination.....
December 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 2012
IELTS Request
submitted at time of application
Med's Request
JAN 2012, AND LAST Medical requested Mar 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25th of Sept. 2014 and DM status changed on 27th of October
VISA ISSUED...
18 nov and passports reveived on 21th of nov
LANDED..........
inshallaha soon
Summerr said:
I have never ever come across such a case. If it had happened then it would be news and nobody would even dare to think about it.

I have been following this forum since 2010 and newer came across such a case being posted where the PR was revoked.

i have not heard any rule that u can not move, but remember it is alway a better opportunity in samal province or in samal city, but as far as their is no any rule if any one have any information please share it

patwal

Feb 21, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
Doc's Request.
never asked
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014, and CIC received on 8-04-2014
Interview........
never requested
Passport Req..
6/24/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/2/2015
LANDED..........
7/8/2015 (inland since 2011)
yeah guy’s,
I also asked to my immigration lawyer about this, and he has over 35 years experience. So he said to me that the once you get your PR card from that date you can go any where you want in whole Canada.

Reactions: rajatkhare

Donalddraper

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patwal said:
yeah guy's,
I also asked to my immigration lawyer about this, and he has over 35 years experience. So he said to me that the once you get your PR card from that date you can go any where you want in whole Canada.
Though, lawyer is only lawyer, they are powerless against law, or in this case, law enforcement or law maker. Their opining is subjective and not official.